Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ZR0 Limit View Post
    It'll get updated eventually. It's still "accurate" but only until June 1st when the increase goes into effect.
    Awesome. Just in time for the 2014 list. :-)

    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ix9grODBU-7TTA

      If I'm not mistaken...

      Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

      Line 19 was confirmed Thursday effective June 1. Hiring rate at 19 = 52524 (NYC, 9th Jd and Nassau) plus 3697 (location pay for downstate) 56221. Add in 1300 for uniform allowance = 57521. New hires are at a 2 year traineeship line 16...hiring rate of 44504. Total compensation first year should be around 49501 including location and uniform. You might not be eligible for the full uniform allowance first year as it is paid twice yearly in December and June so it all depends on when your hired.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

      Comment


      • It's an incentive for all of you to want to get through this process, into the academy, graduating, and finally getting off probation.

        You still have a ways to go.

        Comment


        • If you select JD 1 and live outside of Manhattan is there a employee program for the bridge tolls or do you have to pay them every day? For example, I live in Queens, the Queens Mid-Town Tunnel would be $5.54 each way every day. If you work 5 days a week for 50 weeks that's $2,770 a year in tolls which is almost as much as the metro differential pay. Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this or if it is what it is?

          Thank you.
          NYPD Exam #1309
          List Rank: 3xx

          Comment


          • Don't even think about driving into Manhattan. There's no parking available. Take the LIRR and the subway.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
              Don't even think about driving into Manhattan. There's no parking available. Take the LIRR and the subway.
              I thought there were employee parking in and around the court houses?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                I thought there were employee parking in and around the court houses?
                Usually there is. But it's crazy. The drive into work will take foreverrrrrrr. Drive to your nearest train, and use the MTA.

                Never drive into the city. Especially at the time we'd be working. Rush hour in. Rush hour out.

                Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  Line 19 was confirmed Thursday effective June 1. Hiring rate at 19 = 52524 (NYC, 9th Jd and Nassau) plus 3697 (location pay for downstate) 56221. Add in 1300 for uniform allowance = 57521. New hires are at a 2 year traineeship line 16...hiring rate of 44504. Total compensation first year should be around 49501 including location and uniform. You might not be eligible for the full uniform allowance first year as it is paid twice yearly in December and June so it all depends on when your hired.
                  One question. I am aware that you are under Line 16 for two years. So will it work like this:

                  TRAINEE HIRE RATE LINE 16: 44,504

                  and after 1 year of trainee you become:

                  TRAINEE LINE 16 1ST: 46,801

                  and after 1 more year:

                  Then what happens you jump to JG 19? Will you then be at "2nd" of JG 19 or HIRE RATE of JG 19?

                  I am so confused to how this works.

                  This is referring to the chart that was posted.

                  Because aren't we part of the system for 2 years? Meaning our pay rate will be JG 19 2nd?

                  Please anyone currently employed able to answer this?

                  Comment


                  • Surprised to see an inquiry email today. Picking upstate JD's.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
                      Surprised to see an inquiry email today. Picking upstate JD's.
                      Surprised? What was your rank/score?

                      Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                        One question. I am aware that you are under Line 16 for two years. So will it work like this:

                        TRAINEE HIRE RATE LINE 16: 44,504

                        and after 1 year of trainee you become:

                        TRAINEE LINE 16 1ST: 46,801

                        and after 1 more year:

                        Then what happens you jump to JG 19? Will you then be at "2nd" of JG 19 or HIRE RATE of JG 19?

                        I am so confused to how this works.

                        This is referring to the chart that was posted.

                        Because aren't we part of the system for 2 years? Meaning our pay rate will be JG 19 2nd?

                        Please anyone currently employed able to answer this?
                        Hiring rate 19

                        Comment


                        • Hello all,

                          It may have been stated earlier, but what is the top base salary for the court officer assuming you work in the nyc jur? Thanks!

                          Comment


                          • How are you guys sending back the canvas? Are you printing and scanning back in or e-signing ? TIA for feedback.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zeke1013 View Post
                              How are you guys sending back the canvas? Are you printing and scanning back in or e-signing ? TIA for feedback.
                              I printed mine and scanned back

                              somewhere in the universe

                              Comment


                              • I got my letter today.

                                Scored pretty good on the test. I live upstate, but I am considering signing up for downstate and would move if I got a job.

                                I have a few other irons in the fire...and being a cop was never on my list of things to do, but it seems like s decent gig.
                                Last edited by rcross; 04-16-2016, 03:34 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6770 users online. 293 members and 6477 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X