300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
    Anyone know for sure the cut off was 88? missed it by point and half.
    Yea. They wrote it in the email they sent out.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• This was the exact email we got...

"Please see attached.

Note that we are canvassing candidates with scores through 88 on the NYS Court Officer Trainee Eligible List 45-784. Your response is required no later than 04/26/2016 c.o.b.

Thank you."

And attached was the form we had to fill out as well as the JD map.

Comment

• Damn, congrats whoever got the email, I guess whoever scored below 88 is all but done.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
          Damn, congrats whoever got the email, I guess whoever scored below 88 is all but done.
          All but done? This is the first canvass. Many people will wash out due to PAT, medical, background etc.

As of June 1 a nys court officer will be paid at line 19. Trainees are a line 16. Location pay is $3697 for NYC and Long Island. 9th Jd has s location pay also. (I think around 2k)

NYC, 9th Jd, and Nassau are out of contract. Suffolk and upstate accepted a contract so their pay is 4% higher right now. I expect the old contract will be settled soon.

There is a wealth of information on this thread. Take some time and read it!
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Need everyones help!

So I got the email... Was so bummed we can only pick 1 district. I am 20 years old, and I am from Long Island. I got a score of 97. I was so willing to work in NYC, but wanted to also pick Nassau/Suffolk... Since that's not an option... What should I do? NYC or the Island?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrookeYoga View Post
              Need everyones help!

So I got the email... Was so bummed we can only pick 1 district. I am 20 years old, and I am from Long Island. I got a score of 97. I was so willing to work in NYC, but wanted to also pick Nassau/Suffolk... Since that's not an option... What should I do? NYC or the Island?
              I had a similar dilemma. I'm in the northernmost part of the BX. I was fine with the city or JD 9. I sent in my paperwork having chosen the city. The city has a lotttttt more officers, and by default, a higher turnover. If you wanna get hired sooner than later, I would say NYC and hopefully they put you in Queens or something and then try to get transferred of need be.

Comment

• so currently I'm in the nypd academy and also got the email to canvass for court officer. do you guys think I should start the processing for courts as well? does anyone know the pay difference between their top pay?

Comment

• Congrats to you guys for getting your canvass notifications. Now the process starts and PLEASE be patient with it. Some will go through it quickly and some might take some time to get through with it. Read on here that some people are concerned with the new PAT. If you put your work in with your physical training, you'll be fine. Don't worry about times or fixed numbers of the tests. That stuff is not in your control. You putting yourself in the best shape possibly is in your control. Put your work in and believe in yourself and things should fall into place for you.
                  As for which JD to pick. Pick the one closest to where you want to go. Once your OTJ ,and at your first command, put in for a re-assignment/transfer. It will take some time, but you will eventually get to where you originally want to go. Good luck to you all. I remember when I went through this and it was an exciting time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ewoo View Post
                    so currently I'm in the nypd academy and also got the email to canvass for court officer. do you guys think I should start the processing for courts as well? does anyone know the pay difference between their top pay?
                    Honestly, no matter what the top pay is, you'll make more money in NYPD. But also take into consideration that you'll be working OT all the time (which is where that extra money is coming from).
                    My son's father is a cop that graduated in December 2013. And he made around 60k in 2014 and 2015, despite still being a rookie.

I was in the process for both as well. I could have made it to the April academy but I deferred to see what happened with the court officer stuff this year.

Your choice should come from more than just the money. Think of what your schedule would be like, the transfer opportunities, the day to day job description, how it will be for you 5/10/15 years from now, and etc

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                      All but done? This is the first canvass. Many people will wash out due to PAT, medical, background etc.

As of June 1 a nys court officer will be paid at line 19. Trainees are a line 16. Location pay is $3697 for NYC and Long Island. 9th Jd has s location pay also. (I think around 2k)

NYC, 9th Jd, and Nassau are out of contract. Suffolk and upstate accepted a contract so their pay is 4% higher right now. I expect the old contract will be settled soon.

There is a wealth of information on this thread. Take some time and read it!
                      I don't think line 19 is confirmed yet...please advise if your 100 percent postive, most places I checked it's still up in the air

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                        I don't think line 19 is confirmed yet...please advise if your 100 percent postive, most places I checked it's still up in the air
                        http://www.nysscoa.org/line-increase...ers-sergeants/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                          Yea. The brochure says 18 after traineeship is over

Comment

• Originally posted by General1015 View Post
                            http://www.nysscoa.org/line-increase...ers-sergeants/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                            Do you know How much the annual salary is for line 19

somewhere in the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_t View Post
                              Do you know How much the annual salary is for line 19

somewhere in the universe
                              https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ix9grODBU-7TTA

If I'm not mistaken...

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                                Yea. The brochure says 18 after traineeship is over

It'll get updated eventually. It's still "accurate" but only until June 1st when the increase goes into effect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4554 users online. 177 members and 4377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X