300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retriever,

I emailed the person I had to confirm my appointment with and she told me to dress business casual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
      Retriever,

I emailed the person I had to confirm my appointment with and she told me to dress business casual.
      Thanks Kannons610!

Comment

2010take2

Last questions about weigh in: Were you wearing shoes when measured? Were you wearing clothes when weighed? Thanks for the previous info as well. I appreciate it.
        U wore clothes when weighed but no shoes

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
          Thanks for the info...I am about 5 lbs over, so I guess I am going to hear it. Can I ask what you wore to the pre-medical? I am going tomorrow.
          I wore business attire however nobody else did

Comment

Blackangel5288,

Thank you very much for the information. It is really good to know that if you are 2-3 pounds over you still have a chance to lose it later.
            Be careful could just be the person on duty that let him go through another person may have made him to the pre screening all over again. Be very careful i was overheaing their convo and he mentioned at the next step they were very strict that she shouldn't even let him go through now.

Comment

• Can you explain how they do the vision test. I read before its not a standard eye chart. Thanks

Comment

• Did anybody strip down to their underwear when they got weighed in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                  Well I went today and they are very strict with eeryhing from what I can tell. One guy was give **** for being three pounds over. They will let u go to the next step if ur a few pounds over and they feel u can loose it on two weeks ( which is when the full medical will be scheduled for). If u can't loose it by then u will be DQ. Vision is strict also. In regards to determining height and weight they check your weight first then measure you.
                  They told you that the full medical will be scheduled in two weeks or did you actually get an appointment already? I hope they'll give me a chance to get lasik before they dq me for bad vision. This is stressing me out more than it should! lol

Comment

• hey guys just got back from the pre-med and it went well! get there early because if your at the end of the line it will take long. people were dressed in anyway they wanted but its better to go in business casual, atleast I feel that way. Next step is the full medical in 2 weeks Dec 22!
                    NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                    Got the call @ 1330
                    To God be the glory....

Comment

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                      Can you explain how they do the vision test. I read before its not a standard eye chart. Thanks
                      I'd like to know this as well. Also how long were you guys there on the day of your pre-med? Thanks guys.

Comment

• hey pts1223,
                        can you tell us about the process at all. do they weigh you with shoes and cloths on or off? and how about height, shoes on or off? and how strict r they with weight? any detailed info would be great. i have my appointment on thurs. 12/9 im still about 8 lbs over weight. trying everything possible to loose the lbs. im very stressed out over this..
                        thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
                          hey pts1223,
                          can you tell us about the process at all. do they weigh you with shoes and cloths on or off? and how about height, shoes on or off? and how strict r they with weight? any detailed info would be great. i have my appointment on thurs. 12/9 im still about 8 lbs over weight. trying everything possible to loose the lbs. im very stressed out over this..
                          thanks in advance
                          They weigh you with your shoes off, clothes on. For height it is shoes off. As far as strict on the weight, I do not know because I wasn't close...I have some work to do! Definitely get there as early as possible, it will get you out quicker.

Comment

They weigh you with your shoes off, clothes on. For height it is shoes off. As far as strict on the weight, I do not know because I wasn't close...I have some work to do! Definitely get there as early as possible, it will get you out quicker.
                            as far as the weight u said you werent even close? does that mean u were over the limit? and if so did they still let u threw to go to the full med on dec 22.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
                              as far as the weight u said you werent even close? does that mean u were over the limit? and if so did they still let u threw to go to the full med on dec 22.
                              I was over the limit. "not even close" is my description. I am not going through to the full medical yet, I have the requal in January. Thankfully I am close enough to the weight that I *shouldn't* have a problem then. It didn't help that the doc said I am an inch shorter than I say I am...but my opinion doesn't matter

Comment

I was over the limit. "not even close" is my description. I am not going through to the full medical yet, I have the requal in January. Thankfully I am close enough to the weight that I *shouldn't* have a problem then. It didn't help that the doc said I am an inch shorter than I say I am...but my opinion doesn't matter
                                well thats good that you get a second shot at the pre med in jan. Do you no the date for that or will they notify you? also do you know if redoing the pre med sets u back very far or just a few weeks, meaning will they not let you continue for a while or u can continue on if u pass?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8009 users online. 381 members and 7628 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X