X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackdevil77
    replied
    Originally posted by Bidstar View Post

Why refund the money when the exam is still on the table? they probably don't have the timeline at the moment of when the process is going to start again but the exam is still on the table and it will happen. When will it happen? nobody knows but is not off the table is just on hold because of the current situation.
    Not entirely sure what they are waiting for. The reported numbers in NY are very low. They aren’t gonna get lower than this until there’s a vaccine. If they want to give this test, now would be the time to do it before there is a potential “second wave.” Unless they’re waiting for a vaccine, in which case we could be waiting years for this test to actually be given.

Leave a comment:

• Bidstar
    replied
    Originally posted by OnlyTheStrong1 View Post
    There should be a refund of some sort, ppl anticipated a test and to postpone it and take our money not cool.
    Why refund the money when the exam is still on the table? they probably don't have the timeline at the moment of when the process is going to start again but the exam is still on the table and it will happen. When will it happen? nobody knows but is not off the table is just on hold because of the current situation.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Good scores don't necessarily equate to "top talent".

• Stack69
    commented on 's reply
    No they shouldnt. 6 years for a list is long enough. They want top talent who score higher on exams

• Ix360xI
    replied
    They should just extend the list from 2014.

Leave a comment:

• MOS.BachoDilil
    replied
    Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
    Congrats to the new officers who Graduated today! What a crazy time to be starting this job but we look forward to working with you. To the other squads who haven’t graduated yet: Hang in there. You will be with us soon!
    I really hope so I couldn't help but notice those comments stating that everything is canceled including next downstate class for which I was at the end of processing 4 when everything shut down. Any hopeful information? Lol

Leave a comment:

• unblindeacon
    replied
    Congrats to the new officers who Graduated today! What a crazy time to be starting this job but we look forward to working with you. To the other squads who haven’t graduated yet: Hang in there. You will be with us soon!

Leave a comment:

• Rh992
    commented on 's reply
    Well it is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. I have this and another test with NYS on hold due to COVID.

• OnlyTheStrong1
    replied
    There should be a refund of some sort, ppl anticipated a test and to postpone it and take our money not cool.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Bwahahahaha. Money back...are you kidding?

Leave a comment:

• UchihaMadara
    replied
    OK lets be real, is there any hope for this test or should I just
    forget about it ? If they are not giving the test, can we get our money back?

Leave a comment:

• L33
    commented on 's reply
    Virgil tibbs, nobody can say for certain, but from what I've read there is a freeze on all hiring, promotions, future classes, and the test is on hold/canceled.

• NYPDpoQNS
    replied
    current bill in NYS Assembly committee: would prohibit all peace officers from carrying guns on or off duty. That’s correction officers , park rangers , peace officers of any kind. Make sure to voice some opposition spread the word to vote nay on this thing. Next thing you know they’ll be trying to take guns from police officers too. We all need to stick together

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation...?intent=oppose

Leave a comment:

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    Do you think those of us from the last list are out of luck? In your opinion...I had just missed the January class

• L33
    commented on 's reply
    There are two locations, upstate they provide hotel accommodations during the week, and you go home on the weekends. Downstate is the new academy in Brooklyn. It's accessable with public transportation. The academy runs 9-5, but if your on time your late. Pay is approximately 50k-80k, plus location, uniform allowance, and sled (supplementary law enforcement differential). Your day to day duties vary greatly by the command you are placed in. You could be assigned to magnetometers, assigned to a security post, working a trial, running inmates. It truly is a great career with great hours, however it is on the lower end of the law enforcement pay salary for new york. The trade off is the Monday -friday workweek with holidays off. Your best bet is to study as much as you can for the exam, they have prep courses and books on amazon. It's not really knowledge based, just how you read a situation and choose the best answer. Good luck for whenever they get the new test out and start processing again. My guess is around 5 years, but that just a guess.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2625 users online. 181 members and 2444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X