300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZayPD View Post
    I got 91 also and got the email. They are canvassing 88 and up.
    I got the email right after i wrote this. ..i responded with nyc..i hope i get Queens

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisnypdhopeful22 View Post
      Yeah they are. My friend is in the academy now and he had to lose a decent amount of weight to make the cut.
      They took the weight chart off the website tho

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah they are. My friend is in the academy now and he had to lose a decent amount of weight to make the cut.
        The website doesn't include it anymore under the medical exam. Also there is only a pre appointment medical.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I know they tested these new agility exercises on the recent academy recruits... if any of them are in this thread, did they give any range of numbers or times for a passing score? I wonder if the situps and pushups are close to what other law enforcement physical agility test require.

Comment

• Does anyone know the timing of each set on the physical?

Comment

Ok, thanks. I have to get my workout on.

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_t View Post
                Does anyone know the timing of each set on the physical?

Each test explained here:
                https://www.nycourts.gov/CAREERS/cot...ep%20Guide.pdf
                sigpic
                NCPD 22222:
                12/18/12: TESTED
                NCCO 66-243:
                04/13/13: TESTED
                NYSDOCC 25-627/25-626:
                04/13/13: TESTED
                10/03/14: OTJ
                NCDS 60-184:
                10/05/13: TESTED
                NYSCO 45-784:
                10/18/14: TESTED

Comment

• Got canvassed with a 91 today. Thought i would be able to pick indivdual districts this is tough to pick betwen 3-8 or just 9

Comment

• Originally posted by ZayPD View Post
                    Thanks

Comment

But the system they had in place for processing applicants is completely different to what they have now.

Being that it's not anywhere on the website, I'm pretty sure they have to have changed the rules.

Maybe it's worth someone emailing them?
                      I'm right under the limit for my height/weight so I'm not too concerned.

I just gotta get my pushup game strong. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by General1015 View Post
                        I know they tested these new agility exercises on the recent academy recruits... if any of them are in this thread, did they give any range of numbers or times for a passing score? I wonder if the situps and pushups are close to what other law enforcement physical agility test require.

They were only assessments at the time just to gather data. So whoever they got to help administer those tests took the numbers and left once everything was done.

I'll tell you now, for the Illinois run, get a good jump off the ground, sprint as hard as you can, watch your turns especially at the cones when you gotta turn back through them, and when you hit the final straightaway, run as hard and as fast as you can. Don't stop at the end either, run right through it like you're running through a wall.

The beep test... Get your stamina and cardio up. You're running from one end to the other before you hear the next beep. That beep is your cue to run back to the other end trying to beat the next beep and so on and so on. Fail to meet/beat the beep twice in a row ends your run. Fail to meet it once but meeting/beating it on the next relay keeps you going. Out of the billion sprints and runs they had during those trials, this might've been the worst. Keep in mind those beeps are going to come faster and faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZR0 Limit View Post
                          They were only assessments at the time just to gather data. So whoever they got to help administer those tests took the numbers and left once everything was done.

I'll tell you now, for the Illinois run, get a good jump off the ground, sprint as hard as you can, watch your turns especially at the cones when you gotta turn back through them, and when you hit the final straightaway, run as hard and as fast as you can. Don't stop at the end either, run right through it like you're running through a wall.

The beep test... Get your stamina and cardio up. You're running from one end to the other before you hear the next beep. That beep is your cue to run back to the other end trying to beat the next beep and so on and so on. Fail to meet/beat the beep twice in a row ends your run. Fail to meet it once but meeting/beating it on the next relay keeps you going. Out of the billion sprints and runs they had during those trials, this might've been the worst. Keep in mind those beeps are going to come faster and faster.
                          I did the beep test in high school as part of our gym "tests". I wish I remembered what I had gotten to. :-(

Comment

• Glad I actually got a printer that scans so I dont gotta worry about getting my reply back to them via email. I was stuck looking for the return information lol. I got my stuff after 5 so Im pretty sure Application verification unit would of been on their way home by then.

Comment

• Woohooo

Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                              2014!!! CHECK YOUR EMAILS!!!

Yessss!! I got my email... hope you all did as well

Comment

• Originally posted by KiaC_89 View Post
                                Yessss!! I got my email... hope you all did as well
                                Anyone know for sure the cut off was 88? missed it by point and half.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7118 users online. 308 members and 6810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X