300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
    I'm in the same boat...... torn on choosing 1 district I didn't see this coming.......Currently live in Nassau and work in the city... didn't want to choose NYC and take a 25k pay cut i would be miserable... was thinking 9th and 10th and settle down wherever I land.

Decisions decisions....
    Do you get paid more in suffolk and nassau?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_t View Post

Pay differential is for NYC if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
        Pay differential is for NYC if I'm not mistaken

Ohhh so the differential is for the boroughs. ..i think that's on the flyer...that's right

Comment

• Suffolk - hires very few at a time, generally just a few people per class. If you have a higher list number, requesting NYC will get you on the job quicker.

Suffolk, Nassau, NYC, and some counties in the 9th all have the same geographic pay. The more northern counties in the 9th also have geographic pay, though it is a bit less

Currently, upstate and suffolk county officers make more than NYC/Nassau officers - they settled a contract which the city and Nassau unions have not agreed to, so they're still getting paid based on 2010 salary scale.

Comment

I would take a 25k paycut too...this change will be significant...🙈fff

Comment

• So... now it's a 2 to 4 yr wait after you select area of interest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rizon314 View Post
                So... now it's a 2 to 4 yr wait after you select area of interest?
                I really hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
                  Scores thru 88 are being canvassed according to email.
                  Wow, they're canvassing that big of a range this quickly? Didn't the old list take 2 years to get down to 88 for NYC JD?

Comment

• They just canvassed for the whole state at once. They canvassed for individual JDs last year, it appears to be a different process. Just because you were canvassed doesn't mean much right now, If you scored an 88 and picked NYC you're probably still going to be waiting quite a while.

Comment

• I should add though that moving the PAT to the first thing candidates have to do in processing will likely weed out way more people faster than the old process

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                        They just canvassed for the whole state at once. They canvassed for individual JDs last year, it appears to be a different process. Just because you were canvassed doesn't mean much right now, If you scored an 88 and picked NYC you're probably still going to be waiting quite a while.
                        Hey Kabbage..how much is the suffolk contract pay vs nyc & nassau

Comment

I should add though that moving the PAT to the first thing candidates have to do in processing will likely weed out way more people faster than the old process
                          I'm totally screwed then. I can so the running and agility stuff. But pushups. Nope

Comment

They just canvassed for the whole state at once. They canvassed for individual JDs last year, it appears to be a different process. Just because you were canvassed doesn't mean much right now, If you scored an 88 and picked NYC you're probably still going to be waiting quite a while.

Agreed, I'm assuming jurisdiction choice is a much bigger impact this time around... for example once you choose your district do you think you get placed in a new hiring pool by Exam Score number order? that would make the most sense to me by how they are doing it this time and only letting you choose 1...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                              Agreed, I'm assuming jurisdiction choice is a much bigger impact this time around... for example once you choose your district do you think you get placed in a new hiring pool by Exam Score number order? that would make the most sense to me by how they are doing it this time and only letting you choose 1...
                              That 1 choice thing killed me

Comment

Hey Kabbage..how much is the suffolk contract pay vs nyc & nassau

Not much, certainly not enough to strictly base your decision on that alone, especially considering by the time any of the 2014 people actually get through the process and OTJ the areas with outstanding contracts could've settled by then

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4426 users online. 180 members and 4246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X