300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ji33 View Post
    The amount you pay for health insurance is a lot less than it would cost if you went out and got insurance on your own without the job. When you retire you still pay for it, but you can use any unused sick leave time towards those payments.
    thanks so much for the information. Is there a link that details all the medical stuff. I would love to read up on it. As well as contributions etc.

Comment

• Is there still a weight requirement for this career? I see they removed the chart from the website. It doesn't say anything about a weight requirement anymore.

Comment

• Emailed the Appointment and Systems Mgt. regarding canvassing for the 2014 exam. Received the following response!!

"Canvassing should begin this month. If your score/rank is reached you will receive an available inquiry letter inquiring about your availability and your location preference at that time."

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
          Emailed the Appointment and Systems Mgt. regarding canvassing for the 2014 exam. Received the following response!!

"Canvassing should begin this month. If your score/rank is reached you will receive an available inquiry letter inquiring about your availability and your location preference at that time."
          I really hope they meant email because I can't deal with the anxiety of waiting for something in the mail.

The email they sent us with the rankings said their next communication would be an email.

Hmm...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
            Is there still a weight requirement for this career? I see they removed the chart from the website. It doesn't say anything about a weight requirement anymore.
            I noticed that too. Maybe they figure in order to pass the new physical you have got to be in pretty good shape. So weight wont matter. Its all running pushups and situps.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
              thanks so much for the information. Is there a link that details all the medical stuff. I would love to read up on it. As well as contributions etc.
              Here is a link to the website that outlines the biweekly cost of every plan available.

https://www.cs.ny.gov/employee-benef...rates-2016.pdf

You can also participate in the PEP program in which you exchange annual leave for a reduction in health care premiums. I have empire single and instead of the $50 premium I traded 28 hours for a $1000 credit making my new biweekly premium about $8. The unions also reimburse up to $250 towards premiums, co pays, and medications.

Here is a link to the summary of benefits for each plan offered.

https://www.cs.ny.gov/employee-benef...tled/index.cfm
              Last edited by unblindeacon; 04-11-2016, 07:05 PM.
              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• I'm a fan of United Healthcare/NYSHIP. It is costly but the coverage is excellent and United Healthcare has doctors enrolled across the country. There are about as many doctors to choose from down here in Florida as there are in NY. Whatever you do, do not go cheap on health insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  Here is a link to the website that outlines the biweekly cost of every plan available.

You can also participate in the PEP program in which you exchange annual leave for a reduction in health care premiums. I have empire single and instead of the $50 premium I traded 28 hours for a $1000 credit making my new biweekly premium about $8. The unions also reimburse up to $250 towards premiums, co pays, and medications.

Here is a link to the summary of benefits for each plan offered.

https://www.cs.ny.gov/employee-benef...tled/index.cfm

I work full time now. And I have that exact same plan. but pay 45.00 every two weeks. I thought this job was suppose to heavily discount medical plans. I have empire single. This is weird. I thought people rave about this jobs medical benefits. This is all out of pocket like every other job. Unless I am missing something.

Also what does this mean on the side of the page:

For all non-UUP New York State employees
                  who are unrepresented or in Settled groups
                  with titles allocated or equated to Salary
                  Grade 10 and above and UUP employees
                  with annualized salaries greater than $41,756,
                  the State will pay 84 percent of the cost of the
                  premium for enrollee coverage and 69 percent
                  for the additional cost of dependent coverage.

Do we not have to pay for 84 percent of the 50.00
                  Last edited by oscar_rodrigez; 04-12-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    I'm a fan of United Healthcare/NYSHIP. It is costly but the coverage is excellent and United Healthcare has doctors enrolled across the country. There are about as many doctors to choose from down here in Florida as there are in NY. Whatever you do, do not go cheap on health insurance.
                    Maybe you can help me. Based off this list that unblindeacon sent the rates in the list are a bit confusing:

I work full time now. And I have that exact same plan. but pay 45.00 every two weeks. Here its listed for 50.00 I thought this job was suppose to heavily discount medical plans. I have empire single. This is weird. I thought people rave about this jobs medical benefits. This is all out of pocket like every other job. Unless I am missing something.

Comment

Maybe you can help me. Based off this list that unblindeacon sent the rates in the list are a bit confusing:

I work full time now. And I have that exact same plan. but pay 45.00 every two weeks. Here its listed for 50.00 I thought this job was suppose to heavily discount medical plans. I have empire single. This is weird. I thought people rave about this jobs medical benefits. This is all out of pocket like every other job. Unless I am missing something.

The state is paying the vast majority of the cost of your insurance. The $50/check is your contribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                        The state is paying the vast majority of the cost of your insurance. The $50/check is your contribution.
                        This is were I am confused. If they are paying the majority how is it this high? 50.00
                        I currently pay out of pocket for the same insurance. Same plan and everything. My job does not give or contribute. And I pay 45 every 2 weeks.

I am so confused.

Comment

This is were I am confused. If they are paying the majority how is it this high? 50.00
                          I currently pay out of pocket for the same insurance. Same plan and everything. My job does not give or contribute. And I pay 45 every 2 weeks.

I am so confused.
                          Are you sure?

Comment

The state pays 84% of the premium for single. For example if the total premium cost $10, the state would pay $8.40. You would pay $1.60. There is no chance you have this same insurance for $45 biweekly without any employer contribution as the single plan premium's total cost (what they pay and what you pay) is north of $8000. If you bought your insurance on the nys marketplace it is NOT the same insurance.
                            Last edited by unblindeacon; 04-12-2016, 01:35 PM.
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                              Hopeful.......hang in there. I'll be out 9 years in June, but Court Officer is still a great job. The title is being moved to higher salary grade which equals almost a 5% raise. While pay for your health insurance it is about the best around. As with any job there are "problems", don't let any of that discourage you.
                              Everything is done through emails now. I spoke to someone from AVU so Im guessing as for now my email is good to go.

Comment

• Oscar....There is a number of versions of coverage under United Healthcare. Court Officers are in the same plan as the judges. It is about the best. I know county employees with United Healthcare through the state that do not have the same level of coverage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8359 users online. 246 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X