300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    How do you know the 2009 list is done though? Seems like there are some folks who completed all steps from 2009 list and haven't heard anything. I do see it says Canvassing for the 2014 exam on the COT homepage but there's no info there yet.
    I dont know that its done for sure just makes sense seeing as they removed any info about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
      I dont know that its done for sure just makes sense seeing as they removed any info about it.
      Maybe people from the 09 list that weren't canvassed are done I completed everything except the oral psych I'm from the 09 list hopfully they will consider adding us to the next class it makes sense they spent alot of money and time processing us

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        Maybe people from the 09 list that weren't canvassed are done I completed everything except the oral psych I'm from the 09 list hopfully they will consider adding us to the next class it makes sense they spent alot of money and time processing us
        That's what I was thinking. I took the 2014 exam but maybe the next class will be a combination of 2009/2014. I know that's been done before.

Comment

• How many people to a class usually? I'm 5× on the 2014 list and just a little worried if there's a combo. Then they might not reach my number

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Who should I contact in regards to giving them an updated address? Dinosaur please help me here.

Comment

• Hopeful I would try the Applicant Verification Unit. The number I have for them is (212) 428-2777.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                Hopeful I would try the Applicant Verification Unit. The number I have for them is (212) 428-2777.
                thanks I'll call again monday I need to update since I moved since the date I took the exam in 2014. Dont want them sending stuff to my old address my one year with the postal service is up

Comment

• Realistically,from time you get canvass letter to academy,obviously getting through each step along the way,what is the time frame? I know every class, hiring and retiring, and each step is individually different but can anyone with previous knowledge help.

Comment

• Trying to get as many opinions as possible...is an 88 with a 11,000 rank good enough to be hired with the 2014 exam?
                    Last edited by Tactical1; 04-10-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Hopeful.......hang in there. I'll be out 9 years in June, but Court Officer is still a great job. The title is being moved to higher salary grade which equals almost a 5% raise. While pay for your health insurance it is about the best around. As with any job there are "problems", don't let any of that discourage you.

Comment

• I noticed they also revamped the order of things. The first step is now the physical test. Second step Vision Test. Looks like now they dont do the remainder of the medical testing until the second to last step.

Also noticed the weight requirement seems to be gone from the medical page. Not that this matters because the new physical test requires lots of stamina. Seems that you will not pass it unless you are in great shape.

I guess they moved this intense new physical to step one to eliminate all who are not serious about it as quickly as possible.

Pushups. Situps. And Running. No more bike, pullups, hand steadiness etc. it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          Hopeful.......hang in there. I'll be out 9 years in June, but Court Officer is still a great job. The title is being moved to higher salary grade which equals almost a 5% raise. While pay for your health insurance it is about the best around. As with any job there are "problems", don't let any of that discourage you.
                          I thought health insurance was a benefit. We have to pay for our health insurance?

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                            I thought health insurance was a benefit. We have to pay for our health insurance?
                            Thanks for my chuckle of the day...Heck yeah you have to pay for medical insurance. Dental is covered in your union dues

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                              Thanks for my chuckle of the day...Heck yeah you have to pay for medical insurance. Dental is covered in your union dues
                              Ok so the advertised salary is a lot less after you pay every week for medical.

Sorry for the dumb question. But how does it work upon retirement. You continue to pay every month in order to continue receiving the benefits?

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                                Ok so the advertised salary is a lot less after you pay every week for medical.

Sorry for the dumb question. But how does it work upon retirement. You continue to pay every month in order to continue receiving the benefits?

The amount you pay for health insurance is a lot less than it would cost if you went out and got insurance on your own without the job. When you retire you still pay for it, but you can use any unused sick leave time towards those payments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9522 users online. 478 members and 9044 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X