300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    Courts run 9 - 5. Management has the right to schedule a number of tours earlier and later to provide security. Weekends and holidays are RDOs. NYC Criminal Court runs a Night Court until midnight and arraignments on weekends. Outlying counties in the metro area also have some weekend arraignments. Emergency situations change everything.
    So typically if hired you will be 9-5 automatocally nights weekends off and not be mandated for night court or arraignments on weekends?

Comment

• Yes.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
        Yes.........
        so how does overtime work can I volunteer to do arraignments or night court? Is there a cap per time period?

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
          so how does overtime work can I volunteer to do arraignments or night court? Is there a cap per time period?
          You can sign up/volunteer for OT....Your first 5 hours can be taken as straight pay (due to we work a 35 hr week) or you can place into Comp Time. Any hours after that are at time and a half

Comment

• The rumors of them still hiring off the 2009 test are possible so those from the old test don't lose hope. I was told from an instructor they are aiming for an upstate class in the fall and will hire off the 2009 test if need be. So keep hope alive

Comment

• We (2009 List) need to let it ride out, they are still calling people to finish things downstate for now, several people have gotten calls for different steps from what I was told so it's looking like there MIGHT be another academy for NYC as well. Just let it ride out....

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                Yes people get the job without a perfect record. What you need to help yourself here is when you do the background investigation that you disclose it all. Don't leave it out. If you do and they find out you are done.
                Thanks, that's reassuring. I want this so bad and I'm putting in a lot of hard work and even more if I ever make it to the screening process because what I have learned from this thread is that it is a lot of hoops to jump through. Are you already on the job or are you like me on the 2014 list?

Comment

Last edited by Mike_NYSCO; 05-10-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                    Thank you very helpful I appreciate it.

Vacation wise, I wasn't looking for like 2 consecutive weeks but what happens if you:

A) Don't take full vacation time provided due to short staff at your command
                    B) OR Are you required to take ALL vacation days without any carry over/ or pay compensation if not taken.

only reason I'm asking is because 4 weeks is a lot of time off. Even if you take 2 days here and there to extend the weekend I feel like every 3 weekends you would have time off lol.
                    You are not forced to take vacation nor is it use it or lose it. You accumulate vacation hours every pay period. You can carry up to around 380 or so hours on the books. After that the hours then roll into sick time.

Comment

• Looks like 2009 list is done,and theres a new Physical ability test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
                        Looks like 2009 list is done,and theres a new Physical ability test.
                        Where did you hear this from

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/index.shtml

Comment

• Wonder what you need to score on these test to pass. I've heard of the beep test, supposedly it's rough.
                            Last edited by Bob Baker; 04-09-2016, 10:17 AM.
                            Bryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
                              Looks like 2009 list is done,and theres a new Physical ability test.
                              How do you know the 2009 list is done though? Seems like there are some folks who completed all steps from 2009 list and haven't heard anything. I do see it says Canvassing for the 2014 exam on the COT homepage but there's no info there yet.

Comment

• When I was in the academy a few years ago, my class went through the different agility tests as a try out. Some were tough, but if you were in shape you could do it. And that's the point of it. For you to be in shape when you get to the academy. There should be ZERO excuses for not to be in shape. The website now includes a "what to do" and "how to prepare" lititure to help you. So future recruits ,if you want this job bad enough, please take the time and look over the information that the website is giving you. Now more than ever there will be no excuses of not to be in shape. Don't be that guy or girl who came into the academy not prepared and made it more difficult for yourself and the rest of your academy classmates. All PT is done as ONE. You start together and you finish together.
                                Last edited by TDD57; 04-09-2016, 10:49 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8783 users online. 454 members and 8329 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X