300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZR0 Limit View Post
    Cite your sources. You clearly know more than everyone else, so cite your sources. Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, if anyone should stop spreading any kind of information, it should be you. Telling someone they don't have a chance of getting called because their rank number is too high? Who are you to tell anyone that? Last anyone knew, you weren't anything but a rank number. Everyone has a shot. People, like you, defer for whatever reason. They might even defer twice. That gives someone else a chance of going through. A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.
    First of all, when they canvass they go by score. For example the first canvass will be everyone who scored 95 and up. Look at the official website...it doesn't list rank #'s it lists scores. As far as I know rank numbers are based on score, then by social security number for tie breaker. Rank is more important later on in the process. However if some one is rank # 1 and they have trouble in the process and gets delayed and number 50 sails through the process...number 50 would be hired first while number 1 is still going through the process. Everything is candidate specific. The latest rumor (and I stress rumor) is that the next class will be from the old 2009 list. However the union is saying that the next class will be from the 2014 list. So who knows. The only way to give yourself the best chance is to score well, be in shape, stay out of trouble, and be patient.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• In regards to the next class.. I believe someone else on this forum called OCA and we're told 2014 should start getting the process early spring. So depending on when the next class is, it could be either/or.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thank you again Unblindeacon for clarity.
        It is so important to wait, and be patient, and not be so presumptuous.

How sure we can be and in the end be mistaken.

All those who are still a part of the 2009 list anything can happen. Be hopeful, keep training, and if it happens it happens.
        2014 test takers, be patient your time will come.

Those in the Academy, i heard some great things, Keep on going you can do it, its all worth it,

Comment

• Greetings everyone. I have a question regarding the candidates who failed any part of their last PAT and were DQ'd , and were told that there wasn't time for a retest because of the present Academy class which is suppose to be the last one.
          If (the rumor) turns out to be true and they are thinking of still using the 2009 list, there appears to be time in between for a retest.

My question is, does anyone think there would be a retest? And BTW, I'm one of those candidates.

Comment

• I highly doubt that they will be using anymore candidates off of the 2009 test. But then again anything can happen

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
              First of all, when they canvass they go by score. For example the first canvass will be everyone who scored 95 and up. Look at the official website...it doesn't list rank #'s it lists scores. As far as I know rank numbers are based on score, then by social security number for tie breaker. Rank is more important later on in the process. However if some one is rank # 1 and they have trouble in the process and gets delayed and number 50 sails through the process...number 50 would be hired first while number 1 is still going through the process. Everything is candidate specific. The latest rumor (and I stress rumor) is that the next class will be from the old 2009 list. However the union is saying that the next class will be from the 2014 list. So who knows. The only way to give yourself the best chance is to score well, be in shape, stay out of trouble, and be patient.
              I heard the same thing about the next class considering they already started processing people that didn't make this latest class including me so I really hope they have 1 more off the 09 list which I'm list # 12,3×× makes sense they would alot of people like me already did everything except the oral psych fingers crossed!!!

Comment

• Hey guys, good luck with all your processes. We really need the officers. Very short handed. The job is great though and despite issues going on right now with contracts and shortages of officers there still isn't a better job. I recently finished my 2 years of probation and I have a friend in the current class. I originally was canvassed in 2011 and didn't get hired to 2014, it's a long drawn out process but it's completely worthwhile when you get hired. The academy is rough to start but you adjust to it and it just becomes familiar and will get better. Don't give up on your processing. This job is so tough to get on, with over 80,000 people taking the test and only a fraction being hired you're very lucky if you make it. Only reason there is so many classes now is because they apparently didn't plan ahead for so many retirements and so many years without new recruits. Take advantage of it and work for it. Stay in shape because the academy is no joke, that being said, even if day 1 of PT is tough, they will bust your *** and day 70 will be cake! If anyone has any questions that I know about or can help with I'll try. It's amazing how much you forget in just 2 years. The job is great though and there salary increases in the works right now for officers. I won't say it's great times with everything going on lately but you can't go wrong with a salary increase!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoping4it View Post
                  Hey guys, good luck with all your processes. We really need the officers. Very short handed. The job is great though and despite issues going on right now with contracts and shortages of officers there still isn't a better job. I recently finished my 2 years of probation and I have a friend in the current class. I originally was canvassed in 2011 and didn't get hired to 2014, it's a long drawn out process but it's completely worthwhile when you get hired. The academy is rough to start but you adjust to it and it just becomes familiar and will get better. Don't give up on your processing. This job is so tough to get on, with over 80,000 people taking the test and only a fraction being hired you're very lucky if you make it. Only reason there is so many classes now is because they apparently didn't plan ahead for so many retirements and so many years without new recruits. Take advantage of it and work for it. Stay in shape because the academy is no joke, that being said, even if day 1 of PT is tough, they will bust your *** and day 70 will be cake! If anyone has any questions that I know about or can help with I'll try. It's amazing how much you forget in just 2 years. The job is great though and there salary increases in the works right now for officers. I won't say it's great times with everything going on lately but you can't go wrong with a salary increase!
                  What rank were you? What district did you go to?

Comment

• This is my first post to this thread. I have read through A LOT of this thread. My question to you is do you think that because 13 years ago I was arrested that my chances are out the window? My record has a youthful offender status but I'm wondering if you have ever heard of anyone getting this job without a perfect record?

Comment

• That post was for hoping4it but if anyone has any insight I would appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jclynn View Post
                        This is my first post to this thread. I have read through A LOT of this thread. My question to you is do you think that because 13 years ago I was arrested that my chances are out the window? My record has a youthful offender status but I'm wondering if you have ever heard of anyone getting this job without a perfect record?
                        Yes people get the job without a perfect record. What you need to help yourself here is when you do the background investigation that you disclose it all. Don't leave it out. If you do and they find out you are done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoping4it View Post
                          Hey guys, good luck with all your processes. We really need the officers. Very short handed. The job is great though and despite issues going on right now with contracts and shortages of officers there still isn't a better job. I recently finished my 2 years of probation and I have a friend in the current class. I originally was canvassed in 2011 and didn't get hired to 2014, it's a long drawn out process but it's completely worthwhile when you get hired. The academy is rough to start but you adjust to it and it just becomes familiar and will get better. Don't give up on your processing. This job is so tough to get on, with over 80,000 people taking the test and only a fraction being hired you're very lucky if you make it. Only reason there is so many classes now is because they apparently didn't plan ahead for so many retirements and so many years without new recruits. Take advantage of it and work for it. Stay in shape because the academy is no joke, that being said, even if day 1 of PT is tough, they will bust your *** and day 70 will be cake! If anyone has any questions that I know about or can help with I'll try. It's amazing how much you forget in just 2 years. The job is great though and there salary increases in the works right now for officers. I won't say it's great times with everything going on lately but you can't go wrong with a salary increase!
                          I have a few questions for you as well as the forum seemed to die down a bit lately.

1. What district are you in?
                          2. Do you know how they handle relocations? For example if I do get the call within the next year I will be looking to settle down and buy a home possibly 2 years after that. Is it unrealistic as they could move you anywhere throughout your district or are most post permanent?
                          3. How much say do you have in your location? Is it possible to put in request after times for transfer within your district to a different court house? Only asking because I would love the 9th but it is extremely large and could be placed location wise somewhere I would prefer less.
                          4. With the shortage of staff – how is 4 weeks’ vacation play into your work schedule? Are you required to take it all, and if not will you be compensated for the days you don’t take? Is there a limit of consecutive days you can take In 1 shot?

Forum has been dead, and I am on the night shift tonight so anyone can respond as long as they have strong on the job knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                            I have a few questions for you as well as the forum seemed to die down a bit lately.

1. What district are you in?
                            2. Do you know how they handle relocations? For example if I do get the call within the next year I will be looking to settle down and buy a home possibly 2 years after that. Is it unrealistic as they could move you anywhere throughout your district or are most post permanent?
                            3. How much say do you have in your location? Is it possible to put in request after times for transfer within your district to a different court house? Only asking because I would love the 9th but it is extremely large and could be placed location wise somewhere I would prefer less.
                            4. With the shortage of staff – how is 4 weeks’ vacation play into your work schedule? Are you required to take it all, and if not will you be compensated for the days you don’t take? Is there a limit of consecutive days you can take In 1 shot?

Forum has been dead, and I am on the night shift tonight so anyone can respond as long as they have strong on the job knowledge.
                            I've got almost 3 years on now and Incan answer some of these for ya.

1. I work in the city

2. Transfers are possible, but it can take time and some commands are notoriously hard to get into.

3. You find out where you are working the day after you graduate the academy. From what I have seen if you are going to be in the 9th or parts of LI you will know while you are in the academy. I've seen people from Orange county get Bronx criminal, I've seen people from Yonkers get placed in Manhattan, and a classmate from Staten Island was placed in the Bronx. 2 of those people have transferred to commands that are much closer to them.

4. Extremely dependant on your command, I've seen rookies who didnt even have their gun get a week in the summer while people with 5+ years on got denied from June-sept. My first year I would use days to get some long weekends and such. Don't expect multi week vacations anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
                              I've got almost 3 years on now and Incan answer some of these for ya.

1. I work in the city

2. Transfers are possible, but it can take time and some commands are notoriously hard to get into.

3. You find out where you are working the day after you graduate the academy. From what I have seen if you are going to be in the 9th or parts of LI you will know while you are in the academy. I've seen people from Orange county get Bronx criminal, I've seen people from Yonkers get placed in Manhattan, and a classmate from Staten Island was placed in the Bronx. 2 of those people have transferred to commands that are much closer to them.

4. Extremely dependant on your command, I've seen rookies who didnt even have their gun get a week in the summer while people with 5+ years on got denied from June-sept. My first year I would use days to get some long weekends and such. Don't expect multi week vacations anytime soon.
                              question what is scheduing like? do you have a set times and RDOs or does it rotate? is it monday-friday 9-5 or depending which court you're assigned to?

Comment

• Courts run 9 - 5. Management has the right to schedule a number of tours earlier and later to provide security. Weekends and holidays are RDOs. NYC Criminal Court runs a Night Court until midnight and arraignments on weekends. Outlying counties in the metro area also have some weekend arraignments. Emergency situations change everything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9240 users online. 426 members and 8814 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X