Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
    That's the polite version of "Don't call us, we'll call you"
    Haha. Definitely. But from what I've seen overall with LE processing. They'll say that and then call/email you the next week to have a stack of paperwork ready for them in one day

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
      To the guys and gals starting the academy on Monday, good luck. The academy will be an experience you'll never forget. Pay attention, do your best both physically and mentally, show respect, and show up on time. Do those things and you'll be fine. The academy is a place where you'll meet people in all walks of life. Some may become good friends as I met guys who became that when I went through it. Once again good luck.
      As for the '14 list people. Please know that it is a long process to get hired for this job. Hopefully when you took the test you have been getting in shape. When you start the process at NO POINT will anyone garuntee you the job if you pass the stages of the hiring process. If you scored high and have a good rank #, your chances are good. No one will "lie" to you and the process is only a "waste of time" if YOU didn't properly prepare yourself for it. I'm sure a majority of you are very "competent" for this job regardless of what score you got on the test. Best of luck to you guys when you start the process.
      Has anyone been notified for the 2014 test takers?

Comment

• No they have not started to canvass the 2014 test yet.

Comment

• Emailed appointments and Systems Management this morning regarding canvassing for the 2014 test. I received an email back already which said "The Division of Human Resources will canvass from the eligible list 45-784 in early Spring."

Comment

• That's awesome thanks. I wonder how many candidates they'll start with

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
              Emailed appointments and Systems Management this morning regarding canvassing for the 2014 test. I received an email back already which said "The Division of Human Resources will canvass from the eligible list 45-784 in early Spring."

I heard they might use some of the people that were in the middle of processing from the 09 list for next academy.. it's all rumors untill it happens!!

Comment

• The first week is always the worse, but you will look back and laugh at some of the moments

Comment

• Hey everyone. I have a question maybe some of you can answer. When I was 19. I got arrested for petit larceny.
                  The case was sealed after I was required to do 20 hours of community service. It was a huge mistake and makes me nauseous every time I think about it. Was young and immature. Never the less it happened. Well this was 5 years ago this past january. I will be 25 in March.

I scored a 95 and am ranked under 1000 for the 2014 test. What are my chances that this eliminates me. I will be reporting it as I know sealed records show up for jobs like this. But for any of you with knowledge. Will I be ok or is it hard to say.

I was clean all years before this and all years after. not even a parking ticket. It was a huge one time mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                    Hey everyone. I have a question maybe some of you can answer. When I was 19. I got arrested for petit larceny.
                    The case was sealed after I was required to do 20 hours of community service. It was a huge mistake and makes me nauseous every time I think about it. Was young and immature. Never the less it happened. Well this was 5 years ago this past january. I will be 25 in March.

I scored a 95 and am ranked under 1000 for the 2014 test. What are my chances that this eliminates me. I will be reporting it as I know sealed records show up for jobs like this. But for any of you with knowledge. Will I be ok or is it hard to say.

I was clean all years before this and all years after. not even a parking ticket. It was a huge one time mistake.
                    You'd probably have to sit in front of an evaluation board and answer lots and lots of questions about the incident. Then it would be up to their discretion to hire you or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                      Hey everyone. I have a question maybe some of you can answer. When I was 19. I got arrested for petit larceny.

When you fill out paper work for the investigator you will have the "pleasure" of putting down the summary of what happened. When the investigator sits with you to review your paper work he will go over it with you. Do not omit anything and just tell him/her the story straight up.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how often NYS courts officers give their exam? i see the last exam was 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by J52545 View Post
                          Can anyone tell me how often NYS courts officers give their exam? i see the last exam was 2014.
                          At the very least, 4 years from now. More likely 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
                            Emailed appointments and Systems Management this morning regarding canvassing for the 2014 test. I received an email back already which said "The Division of Human Resources will canvass from the eligible list 45-784 in early Spring."
                            That's great news. We're in the first week of spring already so I know I'm gonna be jumping at any calls or emails I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                              That's great news. We're in the first week of spring already so I know I'm gonna be jumping at any calls or emails I get.

I hear that! gonna stay patient cause it'll prob still be a while til that happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawson1632 View Post
                                I hear that! gonna stay patient cause it'll prob still be a while til that happens
                                We're in the 4th week of the academy. It's been a blast but it is challenging. Start eating healthy, drop some weight, run outside and do plenty of push-ups and planks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4505 users online. 196 members and 4309 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X