300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LAWSON09 View Post
    Good Luck!..Keep us update on your status.
    I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
      I will.
      Hey Cravan...wish you luck in the up coming class!
      Just out of curiosity...when did you get canvassed and finish all the steps (except final medical)?

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
        Hi i also received my papers...14** rank... does any body know if i reschedule this date if they will actually give me a new date or am i just gonna be eliminated. My contact person could not give me an answer. I have a family vacation booked for the same date i am to show up. I am nervous about rescheduling because i don't wanna miss this opportunity but at the same time i spent a couple thousand on hotel and airfare and my family is expecting me,,any info advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks and goodluck to all joining me in this process
        Hey mfri, check out your PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
          Hey Cravan...wish you luck in the up coming class!
          Just out of curiosity...when did you get canvassed and finish all the steps (except final medical)?
          Thx. I got canvassed in 2008 and I finished all of the steps in 2009.

Comment

• Anyone know the schedule for the NYC academy? Is it 9-5? Also, does your 2 years start when you go in and is it the regular pay or is there an academy pay?

On another note, I'm freaking out about the weigh in! Some of you may be trying to lose weight, I'm trying not to gain too much which is really hard when you're 32 weeks pregnant! I just weighed myself and gained 2 lbs in 5 days!!! I have to stay below 171 (does that mean 171 I fail or 172?) And I now weigh 162.2! My appt is the 15th and I know from my previous pregnancy that I can't be too careful now since she's gaining at least 1/2 lb/wk on her own and the lbs just pack on now. I can't believe I'm already at a 30lb weight gain even with working and chasing after a toddler. Wish me luck everyone!

Comment

• Yes, last I heard it was still 9-5. Occasionally they will tell you to report earler. You start at line 14 when you enter the academy and go to line 18 2 years later
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Thanks soon2retire, do you happen to know if there are really early shifts like 6-2 or 7-3 in nyc? I'm trying not to get my hope up but I would really love to work an early shift so I wouldn't have to get a babysitter (my husband works 4-12 on sanitation).

Comment

• Haven't heard of a regular 6 x 2 shift in NYC. Some Commands may have a couple of 7 x 3 spots, but remember the busiest hours are from 8 to 5. So that is when the great majority of the staffing is scheduled.

Comment

• Really hope it's not impossible to get a 7-3 or 8-4 at least. I would hate to never see my kids.

Comment

• I have my pre-med tomorrow so I will let you guys know how it went and what to expect!
                      NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                      Got the call @ 1330
                      To God be the glory....

Comment

• pts1223,

Thanks in advance for the update from your pre-med. Good luck tomorrow. Mine is Wednesday morning. When you update the board please give specifics on how your height and weight are determined, how many people were there, and how long it took. Another poster mentioned that they actually measure you to determine your height and thus what weight category you need to make. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                          pts1223,

Thanks in advance for the update from your pre-med. Good luck tomorrow. Mine is Wednesday morning. When you update the board please give specifics on how your height and weight are determined, how many people were there, and how long it took. Another poster mentioned that they actually measure you to determine your height and thus what weight category you need to make. Thanks.
                          Well I went today and they are very strict with eeryhing from what I can tell. One guy was give **** for being three pounds over. They will let u go to the next step if ur a few pounds over and they feel u can loose it on two weeks ( which is when the full medical will be scheduled for). If u can't loose it by then u will be DQ. Vision is strict also. In regards to determining height and weight they check your weight first then measure you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                            Well I went today and they are very strict with eeryhing from what I can tell. One guy was give **** for being three pounds over. They will let u go to the next step if ur a few pounds over and they feel u can loose it on two weeks ( which is when the full medical will be scheduled for). If u can't loose it by then u will be DQ. Vision is strict also. In regards to determining height and weight they check your weight first then measure you.

To be 100% safe check ur own height and get under weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                              Thanks for the info...I am about 5 lbs over, so I guess I am going to hear it. Can I ask what you wore to the pre-medical? I am going tomorrow.

Comment

• Blackangel5288,

Thank you very much for the information. It is really good to know that if you are 2-3 pounds over you still have a chance to lose it later.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5193 users online. 272 members and 4921 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X