Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Person not coming back from lunch day 1 happened in my class. Heard someone took their offer to leave during the 1st PT. Too funny

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
      Person not coming back from lunch day 1 happened in my class. Heard someone took their offer to leave during the 1st PT. Too funny
      lol no heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• yes it was what I expected thanks to all the help here. I really learned a lot on here so thank you for all that helped. Theres has been a few that left. I wouldn't say no heart, but there is quite a few people who really did not know what the job entitles and what the academy was going to be like. there are people who can not do 1 push up or sit up after the chief told everybody to be ready. For candidates waiting to be called, be ready if you really want this job. start working out now and show you want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocky01977 View Post
          yes it was what I expected thanks to all the help here. I really learned a lot on here so thank you for all that helped. Theres has been a few that left. I wouldn't say no heart, but there is quite a few people who really did not know what the job entitles and what the academy was going to be like. there are people who can not do 1 push up or sit up after the chief told everybody to be ready. For candidates waiting to be called, be ready if you really want this job. start working out now and show you want it.

Congrats on getting in. Did they call in any alternats this week?

Comment

yes it was what I expected thanks to all the help here. I really learned a lot on here so thank you for all that helped. Theres has been a few that left. I wouldn't say no heart, but there is quite a few people who really did not know what the job entitles and what the academy was going to be like. there are people who can not do 1 push up or sit up after the chief told everybody to be ready. For candidates waiting to be called, be ready if you really want this job. start working out now and show you want it.

I know it's a pet peeve of the Chief that people show up out of shape when they have been told multiple times to be ready. It won't be this week or next but I am sure in the future you will see some people let go for not being able to meet the minimum physical requirements.

Comment

• thank you. no one called in yet that I know of. It is a big class!
              Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
              Congrats on getting in. Did they call in any alternats this week?

Comment

Aka ...No Heart

Comment

• I didn't go through the same academy but in my academy the first week we lost 11.... If they just stuck it out a little longer they would see it does get easier.... At the very least you get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was speaking to a CO last week and he told me a list number of 11,000 grants me a solid chance of being canvassed, he cited the department wants to expand. Any truth to this or was he blowing smoke up the old butt?

Comment

• When is the 2014 list starting????? I'm dying here. :-(

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                        I was speaking to a CO last week and he told me a list number of 11,000 grants me a solid chance of being canvassed, he cited the department wants to expand. Any truth to this or was he blowing smoke up the old butt?

There's still a lot of courts upstate that we aren't in yet, maybe that's what he meant. Not sure if or when we might have nys court officers in them.

Comment

• Dear 2014 exam... I just emailed them about when we would be starting... This is what I got back

"
                          Thank you for your interest in becoming a NYS Court Officer.

Unfortunately, at this time, no information is available as to when processing for the 2014 test will begin.

Even if processing for the 2014 were to begin, Academy classes are scheduled on an as needed basis.

Good luck in your endeavors."

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                            Dear 2014 exam... I just emailed them about when we would be starting... This is what I got back

"

Unfortunately, at this time, no information is available as to when processing for the 2014 test will begin.

Even if processing for the 2014 were to begin, Academy classes are scheduled on an as needed basis.

This is why you should always take other LE tests and not put all of your eggs in one basket. It has been told by myself and other guys who are OTJ that the process is long. In the mean time while you wait you should be getting into and staying in shape. Staying out of trouble and getting things in order. So when the courts do call for you things can be processed without too many issues. Also if you get the job for the courts, from another LE agency, you'll bring experience with you. It's all beneficial while you wait for the call from the courts. Read on here as well that on the first day of the latest academy they lost people by quiting. Make sure this is the job you truly want. By "quiting" in the academy, you are only taking a job away from people who truly wanted the job. So '14 test takers my advice is to be patient and determined if you want this job. If you make it on, all the work and patience will be worth it. It is a awesome job to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
                              This is why you should always take other LE tests and not put all of your eggs in one basket. It has been told by myself and other guys who are OTJ that the process is long. In the mean time while you wait you should be getting into and staying in shape. Staying out of trouble and getting things in order. So when the courts do call for you things can be processed without too many issues. Also if you get the job for the courts, from another LE agency, you'll bring experience with you. It's all beneficial while you wait for the call from the courts. Read on here as well that on the first day of the latest academy they lost people by quiting. Make sure this is the job you truly want. By "quiting" in the academy, you are only taking a job away from people who truly wanted the job. So '14 test takers my advice is to be patient and determined if you want this job. If you make it on, all the work and patience will be worth it. It is a awesome job to have.
                              Yea. Most def. I have taken other exams. I was on track to get hired for the NYPD April class but I've deferred, hoping court officer comes sooner than later. I didn't want to waste a spot in the NYPD academy if I knew I would go over to court officer once I had the chance.

In the meantime, I've started going to the gym and am trying to prepare for what court officer academy will be.

I've noticed they do several academies in one year, and from what I've read, a lot of people have been told that theyve called the last of the 09 list. I'm almost sure I'll be in the first group of the 2014 list so maybe by the end of the year is what I'm hoping for.

It gives me time to get in better shape and save up for the pay cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                                Dear 2014 exam... I just emailed them about when we would be starting... This is what I got back

"

That's the polite version of "Don't call us, we'll call you"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4942 users online. 237 members and 4705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X