Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I read the answer previously on the forum, but I wanted to confirm. Are you allowed to have a part time job while you are in the academy ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbl_R_26 View Post
      Not sure if I read the answer previously on the forum, but I wanted to confirm. Are you allowed to have a part time job while you are in the academy ? Thanks in advance.

Trust me when I say this - you will NOT have time for a part time job...

Comment

• Originally posted by GWOTVet1985 View Post
        Trust me when I say this - you will NOT have time for a part time job...

I'm quite sure OCA has regulations regarding off-duty employment. Many police agencies require notification of ANY off-duty part-time employment. Some of them even go so far as to prohibit off-duty employment if you're on probation.

Comment

• Protector343 I would like to PM you if possible.

Comment

• Hi I am 5XXX on the 2014 test. I know my I can not pass the vision test without corrective surgery. Should I get corrective surgery as soon as possible or wait till the process starts. Will they give you time to get corrective surgery once the process begins or is that taking a risk. Thank You in advance for your adivce

Comment

• If you get corrective surgery I'd recommend PRK or w/e it's called as apposed to LASIK. Most law enforcement agencies typically recommend that. The recovery time is longer but it's worth it... Also I'd get it as soon as possible unless you want to wait and try your luck without it. Some departments require you to have it no sooner than 3 months from the medical.

Comment

• I have a general question about jurisdictions and posts. for example if I was selected 9th JD and at a court house in white plains, at any time can they relocate me all the way up to Orange County since it is still 9JD? Same for NYC if you started in queens for few years can you just be relocated for the Bronx? Asking generally in regards to settling & buying a home Once your on the job and situated.
                Last edited by Mike_NYSCO; 02-28-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• 9th JD always moved Officers around as needed. I assume they still do. In the city and in Nassau you stay in your command except in exigent circumstances. Suffolk has some movement of Officers but within the commands. For example the District Court has courthouses in each of the western towns, so an occasional assignment at a different location can occur.

Comment

• Was wondering if anyone heard anything about the 2009 test, is it officially closed?
                    Thank you

Comment

• Any truth to another class from 2009 class starting in 2 weeks????

Originally posted by stas526 View Post
                      Was wondering if anyone heard anything about the 2009 test, is it officially closed?
                      Thank you

Comment

• I seriously doubt there is any truth to that rumor whatsoever.

Comment

• Before the last just came out I heard the 2009 exam would be closed once this one was established but idk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                            Before the last just came out I heard the 2009 exam would be closed once this one was established but idk.

If there is a need to run a class, there is always the possibility of still using the cleared candidates from the 2009 exam if there are no or not enough candidates processed and cleared from the 2014 exam. My comment was regarding the rumor that another class would be starting in two weeks from the old list.
                            Last edited by protector343; 03-03-2016, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Hey newbie's....so how was week 1? Everything you expected or more? Heard class lost about 7 people.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                                Hey newbie's....so how was week 1? Everything you expected or more? Heard class lost about 7 people.
                                They shouldn't post anything while in the academy. I heard someone didn't come back from lunch on day 1.
                                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8815 users online. 477 members and 8338 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X