300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparke View Post
    Don't forget new teir 5's & 6's are 30 years of service and age 62.......or was it 63. Still better then any private sector retirement!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tier 5 and 6 stinks.....then again so did Tier 3 when it was first established in 1976. I was in Tier 3 when I first started in '78.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      He'll never make deputy inspector.
      He will enjoy being a Lieutenant again, Nobody will ever trust him again. Basically he is done
      Last edited by wo 150; 02-26-2016, 12:06 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by wo 150 View Post
        He will enjoy being a Lieutenant again, Nobody will ever trust him again. Basically he is done

I'd break him down to patrolman if I'd have any say in the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by GWOTVet1985 View Post
          It would not be good if you got into the academy and one of the instructors are on this forum and saw this comment...
          Not smart.
          Ya reminds me of a great (looking back on it, back then not so much) time when one instructor called out a guy on past social media posts about being "all that". Needless to say we all got smoked, but he was sure quiet after that day

Comment

Tier 5 and 6 stinks.....then again so did Tier 3 when it was first established in 1976. I was in Tier 3 when I first started in '78.
            So there is hope!!!! Lol

Comment

• NYS Court Officers

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone entering the academy on Monday going to have two black colored letters to spare? Two L's to be exact PM if you do. Please and thank you. Also if anyone is having difficulty finding the letters or anything feel free to PM me, if I have any spares I'll gladly help.
              Last edited by Ish3000; 02-26-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                So there is hope!!!! Lol
                Yes, there is hope. When Tier 3 was first established in '76; social security was considered part of the "retirement package" and served as an offset to the actual pension. That wasn't changed until the early 1980s. Then Tier 4 came along with enhanced benefits and most of the Tier 3 enrollees went into Tier 4.

BTW, Tier 1 was ZERO contributions to the state retirement system with NO caps on overtime added to the "hi-three" salary average usued in pendsion computution.

Tiers 2,3 and 4 required a gross 3% contribution for a ten year period.

Tiers 5&6 require a permanent contribution throughout your entire public service career in New York State. You can NOT retire (or collect) a pension from NYSERS or LRS until you attain age 62. There are exceptions to this for police and corrections officers.
                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-26-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Yes, there is hope. When Tier 3 was first established in '76; social security was considered part of the "retirement package" and served as an offset to the actual pension. That wasn't changed until the early 1980s. Then Tier 4 came along with enhanced benefits and most of the Tier 3 enrollees went into Tier 4.

BTW, Tier 1 was ZERO contributions to the state retirement system with NO caps on overtime added to the "hi-three" salary average usued in pendsion computution.

Tiers 5&6 require a permanent contribution throughout your entire public service career in New York State. You can NOT retire (or collect) a pension from NYSERS or LRS until you attain age 62. There are exceptions to this for police and corrections officers.
                  I believe the tier 5 officers still have 30/55.

Tier 6 officers do not have that and must work until age 63 to collect their full pension. Early retirement is available at age 55 however there is a penalty of 6.5% for every year before age 63 (Automatic 52% reduction off whatever you would've gotten if you choose to leave at age 55)

Comment

• Correct
                    Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                    I believe the tier 5 officers still have 30/55.

Tier 6 officers do not have that and must work until age 63 to collect their full pension. Early retirement is available at age 55 however there is a penalty of 6.5% for every year before age 63 (Automatic 52% reduction off whatever you would've gotten if you choose to leave at age 55)
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• What color?

Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                      Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone entering the academy on Monday going to have two letters to spare? Two L's to be exact PM if you do. Please and thank you. Also if anyone is having difficulty finding the letters or anything feel free to PM me, if I have any spares I'll gladly help.

Comment

• Letters for PT shirt? Staples sells them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
                          I totally agree! I studied for 3 months for the 2014 test and I earned my 95.5 and my 15XX rank. I also think that a low 80 score would result in a less than competent Court Officer.
                          I scored a 80 for the job im on now and Im a FTO in my rookie year isnt that funny. Dont think test taking makes the job in here. You can be the valedictorian of your class and one of your fellow officers can be doing a aided card for you your very first day. Lets not get ahead of ourselves there buddy.

Comment

I'm just praying the 62 retirement age gets dropped back down to 55... It would be tough to take a pay cut and work until the same age I would in the private industry. I would feel like I made the wrong move despite all the other great benefits this job has to offer

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                              I'm just praying the 62 retirement age gets dropped back down to 55... It would be tough to take a pay cut and work until the same age I would in the private industry. I would feel like I made the wrong move despite all the other great benefits this job has to offer
                              Personally, I believe that State Court Officers should be on the same par as State, County, and NYC Correction Officers. That is 25 year retirement, out at any age.

Comment

• To the guys and gals starting the academy on Monday, good luck. The academy will be an experience you'll never forget. Pay attention, do your best both physically and mentally, show respect, and show up on time. Do those things and you'll be fine. The academy is a place where you'll meet people in all walks of life. Some may become good friends as I met guys who became that when I went through it. Once again good luck.
                                As for the '14 list people. Please know that it is a long process to get hired for this job. Hopefully when you took the test you have been getting in shape. When you start the process at NO POINT will anyone garuntee you the job if you pass the stages of the hiring process. If you scored high and have a good rank #, your chances are good. No one will "lie" to you and the process is only a "waste of time" if YOU didn't properly prepare yourself for it. I'm sure a majority of you are very "competent" for this job regardless of what score you got on the test. Best of luck to you guys when you start the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6918 users online. 300 members and 6618 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X