Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never put your eggs in one basket. Take every test that comes out and take the first Dept the calls you and transition to other departments from there..get your time and experience in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
      i totally agree! I studied for 3 months for the 2014 test and i earned my 95.5 and my 15xx rank. I also think that a low 80 score would result in a less than competent court officer.
      in thirty years of law enforcement, this has to be the dumbest statement, i have ever seen. What gives you the right to question the competency of anyone. Just because a person scores low on the written test has nothing to do with their competency as a law enforcement officer. There are many bosses on various jobs that scored low but were able to establish themselves as great leaders. You have a lot to learn about this business, i would question your arrogance in your competency to be a good officer. I hate to tell you my friend, there are people out there who are just lousy test takers, but in the long run make great officers. If you want to make it in this business, keep your opinion to yourself

Comment

I totally agree! I studied for 3 months for the 2014 test and I earned my 95.5 and my 15XX rank. I also think that a low 80 score would result in a less than competent Court Officer.
        Thats funny coming from a guy who hasnt even been canvassed yet. Dont get ahead of yourself tiger. Well see how far that 95 gets you when someones trying to kick your ***.

Comment

• Every test is different for each person. Ive scored above 95 for every single civil service exam I've taken. But there was one time that I was extremely sick and barely slept and then had to drive over an hour out to take an exam. When I got the score, it was below 85. Some people may have had a bad day. Some people also get lucky and guess an answer correct. Even one point can push you up or down hundreds/thousands of spaces

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• To those of you in the 09 list that have completed the processing, I really hope the best for you. And I hope they start processing the 2014 list so I can get to the academy before the end of the year.

Keep your fingers crossed and your faith strong

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• I always place in the 96 percentile. So I guess that makes ceecee inferior to me...
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I totally agree! I studied for 3 months for the 2014 test and I earned my 95.5 and my 15XX rank. I also think that a low 80 score would result in a less than competent Court Officer.
                You are in no position to judge competency as you are NOT even on the job!! Even so; if you ever get on the job and start gossiping about the "competency" of your fellow co-workers: you'll make a lot of enemies real quick.

Comment

It would not be good if you got into the academy and one of the instructors are on this forum and saw this comment...
                  Not smart.
                  Last edited by GWOTVet1985; 02-25-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• I can't believe this thread is still kicking. I have not been on in a while. I still see a lot of the misinformation posted along with about 10% truth. I started on this thread at a much earlier stage and it really did help and give good info about getting through the process. There will still be the guys that don't listen. They are the same guys that will be shamed out of the academy if they even make it that far. Academy is no joke! Anyway we still need plenty of officers upstate!!!!

Comment

• nick_geomel .... I apologize for the late response. As far as I know, Court Officers are fortunately one of the LEO that don't really have a age cut off as the NYPD and others do. It has been a long wait but It gives a tremendous opportunity to anyone who may consider a new career in law enforcement. I don't believe age is the only criteria for being competent and successful in ones performance. In fact a persons life experiences may be very helpful in rounding out someones perspective. The Academy must be a sight to behold with people from all different ages and backgrounds. Just look at those graduation pictures of the classes. Excellent Profession.
                      Last edited by Law-And-Order1; 02-25-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
                        nick_geomel .... I apologize for the late response. As far as I know, Court Officers are fortunately one of the LEO that don't really have a age cut off as the NYPD and others do. It has been a long wait but It gives a tremendous opportunity to anyone who may consider a new career in law enforcement. I don't believe age is the only criteria for being competent and successful in ones performance. In fact a persons life experiences may be very helpful in rounding out someones perspective. The Academy must be a sight to behold with people from all different ages and backgrounds. Just look at those graduation pictures of the classes. Excellent Profession.

NYS Court Officers don't have a 25 (or 20) year out at any age retirement as Police or Correction Officers do
                        It's 30 years of service out at age 55. The same as any other public employee enrolled in the NYS Retirement System. Go down South and out West and you will find those states have no maximum age limit for their full time police officers

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

NYS Court Officers don't have a 25 (or 20) year out at any age retirement as Police or Correction Officers do
                          It's 30 years of service out at age 55. The same as any other public employee enrolled in the NYS Retirement System. Go down South and out West and you will find those states have no maximum age limit for their full time police officers
                          Don't forget new teir 5's & 6's are 30 years of service and age 62.......or was it 63. Still better then any private sector retirement!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thank you all for the Info

Comment

• Ceecee..Speaking of competency.....look over the papers from today. An NYPD Captain, an obviously great test taker, has been modified. This boss made his rank in just 10 years and is in las school. Obviously very book smart. However, his cop skills are non-exist ant. When the 2 officers were shot the other morning he basically deserted his post because he was about to go off duty.
                              Last edited by Dinosaur32; 02-26-2016, 12:33 PM. Reason: spell check demon

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                Cecelia....Speaking of competency.....look over the papers from today. An NYPD Captain, an obviously great test taker, has been modified. This boss made his rank in just 10 years and is in las school. Obviously very book smart. However, his cop skills are non-exist ant. When the 2 officers were shot the other morning he basically deserted his post because he was about to go off duty.
                                He'll never make deputy inspector.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9129 users online. 362 members and 8767 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X