300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James_Jameson View Post
    We need to find out when that list will officially die. If the list dies we die. If there is talk of a July class they may keep the list alive until then because they need too. I'm hoping for this because I need to redo a portion of the PAT but have to wait the 90 days. If the list expires before then I'm done, if it expires before the July academy were done. They haven't even started canvassing 2014 from what I know and there's no way they will finish them before July...but who knows with them.
    I know our list from 2009 was supposed to expire last july. If they haven't started canvassing from the 2014 list then they could still give us a shot for another academy this summer.

I don't think thats going to happen though. I think were officially done. It would be nice though lol.

Comment

• What we went through even at the end with the last medical = big waste of time

Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
      I know our list from 2009 was supposed to expire last july. If they haven't started canvassing from the 2014 list then they could still give us a shot for another academy this summer.

I don't think thats going to happen though. I think were officially done. It would be nice though lol.

Comment

• To All.

There is still a possibility that calls could be made for early dropouts who don't make it the first few days. Also possible for another Academy. Nothing, Absolutely Nothing is a waste of time in this process as well as this Proffesion. This is all a part of becoming one of the best LEO careers. Again all who got that call congratulations and all the best. For those waiting don't give up and keep training and be patient.

This is also about character and LEO is looking for that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Law-And-Order1 View Post
          To All.

There is still a possibility that calls could be made for early dropouts who don't make it the first few days. Also possible for another Academy. Nothing, Absolutely Nothing is a waste of time in this process as well as this Proffesion. This is all a part of becoming one of the best LEO careers. Again all who got that call congratulations and all the best. For those waiting don't give up and keep training and be patient.

This is also about character and LEO is looking for that as well.
          How does this academy compare to the NYPD academy? It's crazy to think that we took this test so long ago there will be no one under 25 in the class.

Comment

• Honestly man I get that youre disappointed but the constant complaining is a bit much. Come to the realization that if YOU scored higher on the test YOU wouldve gotten in. Theres not many civil service exams that you can score in the mid to low 80s and expect to get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post

Theres still hope. I don't think they would spend all this money on us, especially since most of us completed the process, and just throw us away like that. Im still hoping to get into the next academy if there is one in July.
              Last edited by Frank1988; 02-24-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys. So i just spoke with someone from the Court officer processing unit at 212-428-5511. They pretty much just confirmed that i won't be getting called. My rank # is 109xx and my score was an 83.3. He was also able to let me know that there were lots of alternates ahead of me incase someone drops out of the academy. I asked him the possibility of them extending our list to be eligible for another academy. He said that anything is possible but that it seemed highly unlikley due to the new list. I am going to remain optimistic and keep myself in good shape incase they do extend our list.

To everyone starting on Monday, congratulations again and i wish you all the best of luck. To those from the 2014 list, have plenty of patience because it could be an extremely long wait.If you are out of shape, then now would be the time to start exercising and eating healthy. I started the process in October of 2014. In order to be eligible you must complete every step of the process and that still doesn't guarantee your entry in to the academy.

Once again congratulations to everyone starting on Monday and thank you to everyone on this forum that offered their advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
                  Honestly man I get that youre disappointed but the constant complaining is a bit much. Come to the realization that if YOU scored higher on the test YOU wouldve gotten in. Theres not many civil service exams that you can score in the mid to low 80s and expect to get in.
                  I totally agree! I studied for 3 months for the 2014 test and I earned my 95.5 and my 15XX rank. I also think that a low 80 score would result in a less than competent Court Officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
                    I totally agree! I studied for 3 months for the 2014 test and I earned my 95.5 and my 15XX rank. I also think that a low 80 score would result in a less than competent Court Officer.
                    Sure hope the uniformed officers you encounter along your process scored well on their tests too, lest they be "less than competent" compared to you

Comment

• Right on Target Kabbage.

As i posted earlier, character goes a long way in determining a persons competency as well.

To all who got the call, Yes say it to yourselves again, you got the call! Congratulations! Go for it.It is yours for the taking and all the best.
                      Those still uncertain, stay positive anything is possible and who knows what encouragement and positive impact you may have in the future to some future candidate if this all turns out we get the call as well ?

Staying Positive and Hopeful.

Comment

• The world is full of incompetent people, I just have to hope for the best!

Comment

• In reality list position is not a good indication of "competency". It reflects your ability to take a test. To all about to be sworn: don't give up, the hard work will be worth it. And once you're on the job, remember that you know nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            In reality list position is not a good indication of "competency". It reflects your ability to take a test. To all about to be sworn: don't give up, the hard work will be worth it. And once you're on the job, remember that you know nothing.
                            C'mon now that was an easy test.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
                              C'mon now that was an easy test.
                              Some people just don't do good on exams regardless of difficulty. Just like there are people who excel in exams but can't apply what they learned in practice.

Prime example would be Emergency Medical Services. You have EMT's and Paramedics who scored 90+ on every exam but running calls is a cluster **** because they can't apply it. You have EMT's and Paramedics who were able to "pass" the tests but are more competent on a call because they can apply the book work.

Exams aren't everything in the end. I would rather deal with someone who can do their job and do it efficiently then someone who scored 95 on the exam but fails under pressure.

Comment

• Tests mean nothing in the long term. What matters is common sense, following orders, keeping composure when ***** hits the fan, and being a professional. I'd rather have people who have difficulty (academically or otherwise) than the entitlement attitude complainers who have residency at the "table of hate" after 6 months on the job. I have no use for officers like that. Character and reputation are everything.
                                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12326 users online. 557 members and 11769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X