300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
    New Job is on point, nothing in this process is guaranteed.

Because you or i may feel as if we've sacrificed so much to be here, really in the end means nothing, because once again; nothing in this process is guaranteed.

Do not think for a moment that i do not feel your pain, everyone in my groups was called, i had to do everything in the process twice, my b/i took over a year, i feel proud that i perservered and in the end, if i dont land this job i know its not because i couldnt do it, It was simply sheer numbers.

Yes, in the end i felt like i was hired already with all the inspirational talk, but realistically i knew i was a longshot (high rank #) so i dont fault the staff for their enthusiasm, they were just excited for us, i was excited too.

(violins ceasing to play)
    AND in closing, its still NOT overrrrrrr

Good attitude, I wish you luck....

Comment

• Hello to All,

Its been sometime that i have posted and would like to share some words that may be helpful. I absolutely agree that nothing in this process is guaranteed. We all have our story and if we are not able to get that call it would be disappointing. However we have to be very careful what we say in regard to this whole process. This is a fine profession with some of the best LEO folks you can meet. Be mindful that to pursue this job requires that conduct yourself as a professional and someone who is seeking to excel as a professional. If any words were given at the last medical to imply a certainty as a candidate for the Academy that must be understood with all the variables that are in play.

I advise to be mindful of saying anything that may be misunderstood and may jeopardize a consideration as candidate. There is still a possibility of being called and if I am not mistaken folks do drop out. Hope Floats is on target and I also agree with Protector 343.

Stay Hopeful, Keep training.

All the best to all who have been called may you all succeed. Those waiting ....Patience.

Comment

New Job is on point, nothing in this process is guaranteed.

Because you or i may feel as if we've sacrificed so much to be here, really in the end means nothing, because once again; nothing in this process is guaranteed.

Do not think for a moment that i do not feel your pain, everyone in my groups was called, i had to do everything in the process twice, my b/i took over a year, i feel proud that i perservered and in the end, if i dont land this job i know its not because i couldnt do it, It was simply sheer numbers.

Yes, in the end i felt like i was hired already with all the inspirational talk, but realistically i knew i was a longshot (high rank #) so i dont fault the staff for their enthusiasm, they were just excited for us, i was excited too.

(violins ceasing to play)
        AND in closing, its still NOT overrrrrrr
        Yes it's definitely not over. I'm really hoping they put us in the next class with the new list. I dont care i'll do everything all over again just to get this job.

Comment

• I stand by my comments, if you have the experience in LE that you claim then you know the variables that come into play. People with better list numbers than you who deferred in the past may have accepted appointment this time. To state that you were lied to is just ridiculous and please tell me why anyone would do so? Those people are processing thousands of candidates, why would they intentionally give you false information, what do they gain by it? Sorry, you are off base, that's the way I see it. Sometimes things don't work out the way we planned or hoped and that seems to be your situation. And, to everyone waiting, there is hope, from what I heard, they may increase the size of the class to 160. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
            I stand by my comments, if you have the experience in LE that you claim then you know the variables that come into play. People with better list numbers than you who deferred in the past may have accepted appointment this time. To state that you were lied to is just ridiculous and please tell me why anyone would do so? Those people are processing thousands of candidates, why would they intentionally give you false information, what do they gain by it? Sorry, you are off base, that's the way I see it. Sometimes things don't work out the way we planned or hoped and that seems to be your situation. And, to everyone waiting, there is hope, from what I heard, they may increase the size of the class to 160. Good luck!
            Wow if thats the case im praying they add more people to it. If not all I can do is hope they add us into the next class.

Comment

• Guys i know how upsetting it is to not get called (I'm still waiting for one myself) but we all have to just remain positive. Its not over yet. Theres still a week of potential phone calls that could be made. I know some of you called oca and were told it was unlikely your list # would be reached or that no more calls were being made, but i have a friend who is an officer now that was told the same thing when he tried inquiring about his list number being reached. Guess what? he was called a few days before his academy started. Misinformation can spread like wildfire in these types of situations. I'm sure oca has been getting bombarded with phone calls from candidates asking if there in or not.

Its not over until its over. The only way were going to know for sure 100% that no other calls are being made is until after the academy has begun. History shows that people were called up to the day before the academy began for classes much smaller than this one. The last thing we should be doing right now is thinking negatives thoughts and bad mouthing the organization for false promises.

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
                Guys i know how upsetting it is to not get called (I'm still waiting for one myself) but we all have to just remain positive. Its not over yet. Theres still a week of potential phone calls that could be made. I know some of you called oca and were told it was unlikely your list # would be reached or that no more calls were being made, but i have a friend who is an officer now that was told the same thing when he tried inquiring about his list number being reached. Guess what? he was called a few days before his academy started. Misinformation can spread like wildfire in these types of situations. I'm sure oca has been getting bombarded with phone calls from candidates asking if there in or not.

Its not over until its over. The only way were going to know for sure 100% that no other calls are being made is until after the academy has begun. History shows that people were called up to the day before the academy began for classes much smaller than this one. The last thing we should be doing right now is thinking negatives thoughts and bad mouthing the organization for false promises.
                I agree keep your head up everyone and just think positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
                  How long ago was this? How big was your class and what was your rank?
                  Rank was 29xx from the 2009 test. July 2014 class. 90 people. 2 were added on the 2nd day due to drop outs on Day 1 (Yes it happens. One person didn't even come back from lunch Day 1)

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                    Rank was 29xx from the 2009 test. July 2014 class. 90 people. 2 were added on the 2nd day due to drop outs on Day 1 (Yes it happens. One person didn't even come back from lunch Day 1)
                    in the final medical, one of the staff members told us about that person not coming back from lunch, we were all like; dam is day one that hard...

Comment

• Hey guys,
                      Rank 10xxx of 2009 class. My hopes are so high I ca touch the sky.
                      After a couple of desqualifications I managed to loose over 50lb and passed the phisical. Met with investigators and had my ups and downs but, I KNOW is coming.
                      Stay strong, keep training.

When is the next academy start day?
                      "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better"
                      "There are no mistakes in life, just lessons"

Comment

in the final medical, one of the staff members told us about that person not coming back from lunch, we were all like; dam is day one that hard...
                        Day 1 lot of yelling...I think in this person's case it was a child care issue. Day 2 is or when first PT is when they kick your *** trying to get you to quit....Enjoy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by COSoon2B View Post
                          Hey guys,
                          Rank 10xxx of 2009 class. My hopes are so high I ca touch the sky.
                          After a couple of desqualifications I managed to loose over 50lb and passed the phisical. Met with investigators and had my ups and downs but, I KNOW is coming.
                          Stay strong, keep training.

When is the next academy start day?
                          Next Monday Feb 29th

Comment

• @NewJob
                            Thanks buddy!
                            "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better"
                            "There are no mistakes in life, just lessons"

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, its been a loooong journey, with many trials and turbulations!

I got the callllllllll, im in for the 29th!!!

I sincerely hope you all get the call too, its still on people

Comment

• NYS Court Officers

Last edited by Rush1869; 02-22-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9536 users online. 376 members and 9160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X