Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there still hope to be called to the academy or is it done?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Fmglock9 View Post
      Is there still hope to be called to the academy or is it done?????
      Im still wondering the same thing. Theres a chance they may call a few more people next week. I also heard in the first 3 days of the academy they fill the spot of anyone who quits and call the next person on the list. If not I hope they put us in the next class. We are definitely going to have to go through the physical and medicals again. Its just crazy how we dedicate a year and a half of our lives to preparing for this only to not get called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
        Im still wondering the same thing. Theres a chance they may call a few more people next week. I also heard in the first 3 days of the academy they fill the spot of anyone who quits and call the next person on the list. If not I hope they put us in the next class. We are definitely going to have to go through the physical and medicals again. Its just crazy how we dedicate a year and a half of our lives to preparing for this only to not get called.

Comment

• Wonder what rank # they are up to???? It's bull that we were congratulated at the last medical giving us a false sense of security like we were guaranteed in!!!! Wow why lie to us and just tell us the truth it's only a possibility!!!!

Comment

Wonder what rank # they are up to???? It's bull that we were congratulated at the last medical giving us a false sense of security like we were guaranteed in!!!! Wow why lie to us and just tell us the truth it's only a possibility!!!!
            I understand you are anxious and hopeful to get the job but it's really ridiculous and unbecoming to think that people lied to you. It isn't an exact science and you are pretty naive if you think it is. There are so many variables and things change rapidly, it's unfortunate that when things don't work out that people resort to accusing people of lying...

I hope it works out for you but please, enough with the ridiculous comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
              I understand you are anxious and hopeful to get the job but it's really ridiculous and unbecoming to think that people lied to you. It isn't an exact science and you are pretty naive if you think it is. There are so many variables and things change rapidly, it's unfortunate that when things don't work out that people resort to accusing people of lying...

I hope it works out for you but please, enough with the ridiculous comments.
              Well at our last full medical we were cogratulated and told that we would receive a call or letter with information about the academy well ahead of time. The last medical we took a few weeks ago for BP and drug test is when they told us that only a selected few would be called.

Comment

• Protector when you are congratulated at the last medical and told
                To wait for a phone call to the academy is a lot different than you are in the pool of candidates that are qualified for the position!!!! Ps I have 10 years on the job as a Leo!!!!! 👍👍

Comment

Protector when you are congratulated at the last medical and told
                  To wait for a phone call to the academy is a lot different than you are in the pool of candidates that are qualified for the position!!!! Ps I have 10 years on the job as a Leo!!!!! 👍👍
                  What LEO are you currently in?

Comment

Protector when you are congratulated at the last medical and told
                    Was it the medical staff or instructors/officers that congraulated?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Been out of law enforcement 7 years but did 10 nypd

Comment

• Believe the women were from office of oca

Comment

• Just keep your head up everybody
                          Last edited by Frank1988; 02-21-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post

Don't give up the hope/dream just yet. Still have another week. As I posted previously didn't get the call till the Friday before. Gave my job a whopping 4 hrs notice unlike the customary 2 weeks....

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                              Don't give up the hope/dream just yet. Still have another week. As I posted previously didn't get the call till the Friday before. Gave my job a whopping 4 hrs notice unlike the customary 2 weeks....
                              How long ago was this? How big was your class and what was your rank?

Comment

• New Job is on point, nothing in this process is guaranteed.

Because you or i may feel as if we've sacrificed so much to be here, really in the end means nothing, because once again; nothing in this process is guaranteed.

Do not think for a moment that i do not feel your pain, everyone in my groups was called, i had to do everything in the process twice, my b/i took over a year, i feel proud that i perservered and in the end, if i dont land this job i know its not because i couldnt do it, It was simply sheer numbers.

Yes, in the end i felt like i was hired already with all the inspirational talk, but realistically i knew i was a longshot (high rank #) so i dont fault the staff for their enthusiasm, they were just excited for us, i was excited too.

(violins ceasing to play)
                                AND in closing, its still NOT overrrrrrr
                                Last edited by HopeFloats; 02-21-2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7697 users online. 168 members and 7529 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X