Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
    I understand and not trying to complain, but financially need to figure out these answers before deciding to get on board. Remember everyone is in a different position, current salary and age. The incentive to join for the benefits seem great, but the age 63 to retire and current pension calcs do not. It's not something one can take lightly and say I'll join and make a change, this is a major life decision to me
    Take advantage of the deferred comp benefit and you might be able to retire a little earlier and have enough money to do so

    Comment


    • 84xx and no call yet

      Comment


      • Ugh. I'm so jealous. As much as I wish the best for you guys, I need them to finish the 09 exam and start up with the 2014 exam.

        Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Yes, Tier 6 sucks. Worse than tier 3 when I started (retire at 62 and 2% per year service credit) Then about 10 yrs. after I started, we got the 30/55. Then tier 6 came along. Hopefully, you guys/gals will get the 30/55 back, but I doubt it in the near future, if at all
          Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
          I understand and not trying to complain, but financially need to figure out these answers before deciding to get on board. Remember everyone is in a different position, current salary and age. The incentive to join for the benefits seem great, but the age 63 to retire and current pension calcs do not. It's not something one can take lightly and say I'll join and make a change, this is a major life decision to me
          RETIRED 9-16-10

          Comment


          • I really hope for the 30/55. I'm on track for the NYPD, and although court officer definitely wins when it comes to scheduling and the day to day, NYPD wins in terms of longevity. 22yrs and you're out

            Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Most likely going to have to wait for a new administration for that, 30/55 has reached the governors desk every year since tier 6 passed and it has been vetoed every time citing lack of funding, even while different agencies get better deals (NYS UPD most recently)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ji33 View Post
                Take advantage of the deferred comp benefit and you might be able to retire a little earlier and have enough money to do so
                I'm all ears, please explain..

                Comment


                • Good to know there was a change though

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    When was there a social security offset for NYS employees?
                    1983... Tier 4.

                    Comment


                    • Hey guys! Good luck to all. I am another one waiting on that call. I cant sleep, I just keep looking at my phone every minute. The investigator dont tell me much which makes it even worst. Is all great tho
                      "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better"
                      "There are no mistakes in life, just lessons"

                      Comment


                      • Here's some info on it. It is great! I was only in it for 15 years and still did very well. Get in while you're young
                        Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                        I'm all ears, please explain..
                        https://www.nysdcp.com/iApp/tcm/nysdcp/about/index.jsp
                        RETIRED 9-16-10

                        Comment


                        • xxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by jane.sm; 02-24-2016, 01:01 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Any calls yet??????

                            Originally posted by jomedina07 View Post
                            What's your rank #?

                            Comment


                            • xxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by jane.sm; 02-24-2016, 01:01 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Yea this is brutal. It seems they only called people in the 8000 rank.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9259 users online. 394 members and 8865 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X