Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im rank #11xxx. Really hoping I get called.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by jane.sm; 02-24-2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• 3:40 pm today

Comment

• Are your rank numbers that you're all posting who are getting called your original 2009 test rank numbers? I'm seeing ranks are being called from 3000-8000. Is this because some waited to get canvassed for Suffolk county?

Comment

• Tier 6 Pension question.

According to the below website - is this accurate? please tell me im reading this wrong

under "service retirement benefit calculation" = With 20 years or more of service: 35% of FAS for 20 years of service plus 2% of FAS for years of service > 20

So for calulation purposes - FAS = 100k, what would be the final pension?

And age 63? Ouch that's terrible

http://osc.state.ny.us/retire/employ...comparison.php
            Last edited by Mike_NYSCO; 02-17-2016, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
              Tier 6 Pension question.

According to the below website - is this accurate? please tell me im reading this wrong

under "service retirement benefit calculation" = With 20 years or more of service: 35% of FAS for 20 years of service plus 2% of FAS for years of service > 20

So for calulation purposes - FAS = 100k, what would be the final pension?

And age 63? Ouch that's terrible

http://osc.state.ny.us/retire/employ...comparison.php
              About $55k if you have 30 years at age 63 with $100k FAS

early retirement is possible at age 55 with a large reduction in benefits (same service time and FAS would net about $25k pension)

Age 55 reduces your benefit by 55% and the penalty is reduced a bit each year to age 63 where you can collect fully
              Last edited by Kabbage; 02-17-2016, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys quick question, can you still keep a mustache in the academy or does all facial hair have to be removed?

Comment

• Anyone on here get called yet Wednesday 2/17????? Let's hear it

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint38 View Post
                    Hey guys quick question, can you still keep a mustache in the academy or does all facial hair have to be removed?
                    ZERO!!!! Facial hair in the academy. You do not want to be that guy who shows up at the academy with any type of facial hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                      About $55k if you have 30 years at age 63 with $100k FAS

early retirement is possible at age 55 with a large reduction in benefits (same service time and FAS would net about $25k pension)

Age 55 reduces your benefit by 55% and the penalty is reduced a bit each year to age 63 where you can collect fully
                      I came otj at 23, going to be a long 40 years

Comment

• When I came on the job a long time ago, we had what was called a social security offset. This meant our pension would be reduced dollar for dollar by the amount we received in social security benefits. We successfully worked with our unions and representatives in Albany to change that. My point, get involved with the job and work towards achieving realistic goals and don't become one of the people who complain from morning until night but do nothing to make things better. Congratulations and good luck to those entering the Academy...

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

• Originally posted by jomedina07 View Post
                            From what I've been seeing, calls are going out in the afternoon after 3pm. So hurry up 3pm lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            fingers crossed hope you get the call today!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

• Just got the call 89XX!! Good luck to all, see some of you there the 29th!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6404 users online. 238 members and 6166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X