Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how many court officer trainee's were in the last NYC academy?

Comment

• I believe the starting number was around 150.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
        I believe the starting number was around 150.
        Okay, thanks.

Comment

• Does anyone know if OCA will give a re-test if you fail the vision part of the pre-medical?
          Or are you DQ with no chance to retake?

Comment

• Originally posted by KAYNYC View Post
            Does anyone know if OCA will give a re-test if you fail the vision part of the pre-medical?
            Or are you DQ with no chance to retake?
            Refer to the recruitment website

Comment

• Originally posted by Nynb215 View Post
              Is new york city still the only jd that has canvassed?
              Yes.

Comment

• I scored a 95 and received my pre medical appointment today for December 8th.

Comment

• My rank is 18** scored 91.7 and I received my pre-screening medical for Dec 15th!!! Didn't think i would get a December date since everyone that is getting the letter has a 95 score. So happy I didn't get a January date since I'm due in January and may not make the weigh in, now if I don't gain 13 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks I'll be okay.

Does anyone know how long in between the pre-screening medical and the medical? They said I can do the pre-screening medical pregnant but not the full medical.

Comment

• Do they give you a hard time if you ask to hv your premedical rescheduled?
                    Does it hold up your process for a long time?

Comment

• Originally posted by imijx View Post
                      Finally, got registered. Well, did pretty good on last exam, aced it, ranked in top 50. Got my canvass for NYC and my pre-screening medical is set for 12/6/10. Lost 30 pounds in the last 6 weeks down to fighting trim, running 3 miles a day, weights 3-4 times a week benching over 200lbs, 60 situps in 60 seconds. Eyesight is 20/30 without glasses. BP okay. Hearing okay. Color vision normal. All set. Only thing, I just turned 55.
                      a 59 year old women grad with me 3 weeks ago so u wont have a problem
                      just dont give up

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                        I believe the starting number was around 150.
                        was 160 21 dropped out/got terminated they back filled spots 150 graduated

Comment

• Originally posted by Theogre View Post
                          How can one get terminated during the academy? Besides attendance? Fail tests (physicals) during academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Theogre View Post
                            Hey,

Do you know how many court officer trainees OCA is looking to hire for the supposed January 3, 2010 academy class?

I am taking my final medical for this class tomorrow. I hope I get the job because I have been waiting since 2005.

Comment

• Forgive me if I'm simply missing this...but on my Prelim Medical Eval notification it says "The name, phone number, and e-mail address of your assigned contact person is highlighted on the attached notification. I would like to confirm that I will be in attendance but cannot find this information anywhere. I received the notification, a medical history questionnaire, the directions sheet, and the summary of medical standards packet. Am I missing some other page of documentation? Just wondering who my contact person is...Thanks

Comment

• Ok I know this is a little off topic comapred to what the recent posts have been, but I am a NYC Corrections Officer and I am just curious if anyone could tell me what the average salary would be for a court officer would be with a couple of years on the job. I see that they make roughly 50k after two years not counting location pay. To someone who is on the job...what would be an average income for someone with two years on the job and what is top pay? Just trying to plan now for the salary drop from NYC to Courts.

Also, how long does one have to wait to take a promotion exam? Lastly, Is the retirement 25 years or 30 years? I have asked that question before, but I am hearing different things as of late. Thank you.
                                As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10759 users online. 500 members and 10259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X