300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
    the highest rank # i met so far going through the process was 14xxx.
    Yea they reached deep into the 09 list I was surprised they reached out to me as of right now all I have left is the oral psych I'm hoping I get it in time for the academy

Comment

• My rank is 20830

Comment

• I am rank 11,000 in the 2014 exam...are they calling people for the 2014 test or the 09?? I am confused

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
          I am rank 11,000 in the 2014 exam...are they calling people for the 2014 test or the 09?? I am confused
          the academy starting in a few weeks is the last one for the 09 list everything after that they are going to start calling from the 2014 list so anyone here in the process that doesn't make the next academy in manhattan is out of luck myself included

Comment

• Hey guys I'm new to the group. I took the exam in 2014 list number 4xxx. I got a 91. Can't wait until they start calling us.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              the academy starting in a few weeks is the last one for the 09 list everything after that they are going to start calling from the 2014 list so anyone here in the process that doesn't make the next academy in manhattan is out of luck myself included
              did you take 2014? If you scored well on that I wouldnt stress to much, you just have to wait longer that is all.

Comment

• Yeah, we've only been waiting 7 years, what's a few more

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  Congrats to those who will be starting the academy later this month. You all know how long it took to get to this point. This is now YOUR opportunity. There will be recruits that quit. There will be recruits that can't meet the standards. It's your time now to earn it. So here is some advice: Don't be late. Don't have a poor attitude. Depend on your classmates and be dependable. Don't forget your gear. Don't be "that guy" or "that girl" who is constantly filling out 10-01's. Your instructors are sir or ma'am, or SGT, LT, CAPTAIN, CHIEF. Do be respectful. Do give your best effort. Study your books, wash your PT clothes, shine your shoes. Enjoy it...you will find yourself missing it later on in your career.
                  Everything this man said. Its game time now for the people going in the Academy. Be mentally strong. Be physically strong. Stay focused. Dont be weak and quit. Get rid of your attitude and ego now. You waited how many years? It will all be worth it in the end.

Comment

• at this point I think it doesn't matter. they are hiring for nyc. if you chose the 9th you will get called and asked if you want to go to nyc. if you don't want to go that's your choice. when I got my call they asked me if I would like to go to the 9th and I said preferably not, but if I have to I will. At this point take anything they offer.
                    Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                    Question - wouldn't jurisdiction play a role? For example if you were ranked 3000 and chose 9th JD you could possibly not get a call the same as someone who was 5000 who chose NYC? Numbers are purely fictional just to get my point across but doesnt JD choice effect hiring because of demand?

Comment

• you have some time but still need to be ready. how much do you need to lose? find out where you need to be and set a goal for yourself. I had to lose 90 lbs. It drove me crazy but I stayed in there. if youre only like 10-20 lbs over weight you are ok. start eating healthier. you are talking about the 2014 list right?
                      Originally posted by Legacyleo View Post
                      Hey everyone. So I passed my test with an 84. I'm just worried because I have to lose weight before I get the call. Any tips to help me burn it off fast?

Comment

• i lost 10 pds in 7 days, 3 hrs or more of cardio daily, running, elliptical, recumbant bike, weights, magnesium citrate (only once 24hrs before the medical) salad, salad salad, very little water, no bread, no rice or pasta, apples, oranges, bananas and coconut water.

its hard, but anyone whose healthy can do this.
                        Good fortune to everyone, hope we all get in.

rocky01977; hats off to you! hopefully i will see you on the other side.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                          i lost 10 pds in 7 days, 3 hrs or more of cardio daily, running, elliptical, recumbant bike, weights, magnesium citrate (only once 24hrs before the medical) salad, salad salad, very little water, no bread, no rice or pasta, apples, oranges, bananas and coconut water.

its hard, but anyone whose healthy can do this.
                          Good fortune to everyone, hope we all get in.

rocky01977; hats off to you! hopefully i will see you on the other side.
                          Morning run with layers+garbage bag, cup of cheerios with cut strawberries, Greek yogurt and a banana for lunch, can of tuna for dinner, followed by an evening run. I drank about a gallon of water a day tho. Dropped close to 30 pounds in a few weeks. Wasn't the healthiest way, keystone count was way off when medical came back... but I made it! Recommend not waiting till you get the letter to start losing weight like I did... start now!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rocky01977 View Post
                            you have some time but still need to be ready. how much do you need to lose? find out where you need to be and set a goal for yourself. I had to lose 90 lbs. It drove me crazy but I stayed in there. if youre only like 10-20 lbs over weight you are ok. start eating healthier. you are talking about the 2014 list right?

Yes the 2014 list. I have to lose about 100 lbs ASAP. I'm excited but scared at the same time.

Comment

• those drastic routines are the worst, do not procrastinate, lesson learned!

Comment

• ok... so pick a diet that is right for you! I choose 0 carbs!!! everybody is different. I lost a majority of the weight then changed my diet to low calorie with healthy carbs. They give you time for each weigh in. they want to see you trying. I saw a person disqualified for not losing any weight from one pre-screening to another. don't worry about the remaining 5 lbs. you can lose that the night before in water weight. with your score you do have some time to lose it, but you need to be close to that weight. I had a decent rank # and was little lucky getting some time to lose it. if youre not at the weight they will skip over you. the main thing is, don't give up on your diet. don't cheat, stay determined and focused. It this is what you really want you need to work hard for it. I had one piece of cake in a year and that was on my birthday! a lot of people fail diets, but you have something pushing you now...a job with the courts!!! one of the reasons I gained a lot of weight was I graduated from culinary school and did a lot of cooking. If you do need help with a healthier diet that taste good I can help. good luck!!!

Originally posted by Legacyleo View Post
                                Yes the 2014 list. I have to lose about 100 lbs ASAP. I'm excited but scared at the same time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5195 users online. 209 members and 4986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X