• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are putting in one more class from the old list on Feb 29

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
      Correct, forgot about the line 19 upgrade
      so this passed? anything to confirm this?

Comment

• http://www.nysscoa.org/letter-from-p...ing-increment/
        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• So I have a few steps remaining, I have to schedule my in person psych eval for this week, all I have left is that, the eval board and the pre-appointment medical (that I know of).

I'm assuming my background is done since they want me to schedule my in person.

This is where my question comes in.

How long after the psych will I know if I was pass/fail?

Is there anyway to fight a "fail" or DQ on the in person psych (if it should come to that)

Is it possible that my eval board was already done based on my background? And when will we know if it's done and can we find out if it was done already?

Sorry for the long winded message, I just want this stuff done with already so I can either anticipate the academy or get on with my life which has been in limbo lol
          Last edited by James_Jameson; 02-01-2016, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Hello everyone i passed the exam with a 83.5 i currently live in nyc i have a list #17,9xx any chance i get called? i also took the sanitation exam have a list #2,9xx just in case i dont get called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior_gonzalez View Post
              Hello everyone i passed the exam with a 83.5 i currently live in nyc i have a list #17,9xx any chance i get called? i also took the sanitation exam have a list #2,9xx just in case i dont get called.

I would say with a list # so high it is highly unlikely you will get called . You can always take the next test and try to score higher .

Comment

• The class is going in February 29, 2016 does anyone know when they are going to call to tell us a time or whatever other information?? Bb

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                  I would say with a list # so high it is highly unlikely you will get called . You can always take the next test and try to score higher .
                  Junior Gonzalez- I wouldn't say it is "highly unlikely" you get called with your score and rank. I noticed you lived in NYC and the '09 test they canvassed for people who scored an 83.3. So there is a chance you could get canvassed. Also when you get the information on where in the state (JD's) you would like to work, check the places you would work outside of NYC. If you're willing to move that might help you get called for the job as well. Good job on taking the sanitation test and keeping your options open. Good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
                    Junior Gonzalez- I wouldn't say it is "highly unlikely" you get called with your score and rank. I noticed you lived in NYC and the '09 test they canvassed for people who scored an 83.3. So there is a chance you could get canvassed. Also when you get the information on where in the state (JD's) you would like to work, check the places you would work outside of NYC. If you're willing to move that might help you get called for the job as well. Good job on taking the sanitation test and keeping your options open. Good luck to you.
                    There is always a chance you will get canvassed but I wouldn't necessarily bank on it . Every list is different just because they reached 83.3 on the last list doesn't mean they will reach it again on this list . However if you are willing to move you have a good chance of getting canvassed for the upstate districts .

Comment

There is always a chance you will get canvassed but I wouldn't necessarily bank on it . Every list is different just because they reached 83.3 on the last list doesn't mean they will reach it again on this list . However if you are willing to move you have a good chance of getting canvassed for the upstate districts .
                      Im willing to go to any district, my list number is 12,000, do I have a decent chance?

Comment

• Listen man no one on this forum can say whether or not you'll be called. People will get called and fail parts. People will get called and not go. If anything OCA stated in an article last year that they would try to do more hiring then previously because of employees not feeling safe in the courthouses. One such incident I believe a court reporter didn't open a courtroom because they had no court officer at all to provide security

Comment

You don't start as a court officer , you start as a court officer trainee which is a 2 year probationary period . When you pass your 2 years probation then you automatically advance to court officer .
                          You start at line 16 for court officer trainee and after completion of the 2 year probationary period you move up to line 19 ( court officers recently received a line increase from 18 to 19) starting pay for a NYC court officer trainees is 48200 with the locality pay and then when you add uniform allowance of 1305 a year it would be 49505 a year .
                          Is this chart i highlighted Accurate? i am still having trouble seeing 9 years till max. Sorry for the repetitiveness.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gwtgsz8wl...00Kufcyva?dl=0

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                            Im willing to go to any district, my list number is 12,000, do I have a decent chance?
                            Absolutely .

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mike_NYSCO;3817806]Is this chart i highlighted Accurate? i am still having trouble seeing 9 years till max. Sorry for the repetitiveness.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gwtgsz8wl...00Kufcyva?dl=0[/

I will try to make it clearer . You start at line 16 (2 year probationary period as a court officer trainee )that is year one and year 2 . Then after you finish the probation period you advance to court officer at line 19 and it takes 7 years until max pay from that title ( 2 years in court officer trainee and 7 years as a court officer = 9 years from hire
                              Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 02-03-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CO HOPEFUL;3817821]
                                Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                                Is this chart i highlighted Accurate? i am still having trouble seeing 9 years till max. Sorry for the repetitiveness.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gwtgsz8wl...00Kufcyva?dl=0[/

I will try to make it clearer . You start at line 16 (2 year probationary period as a court officer trainee )that is year one and year 2 . Then after you finish the probation period you advance to court officer at line 19 and it takes 7 years until max pay from that title ( 2 years in court officer trainee and 7 years as a court officer = 9 years from hire
                                I understand what your saying, but the chart I pulled is not showing 9 total years. Is this the wrong chart? did you even look at the link?

I pulled it from here last page: http://www.cseajudiciary.org/media/1..._2011-2017.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10209 users online. 474 members and 9735 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X