X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow morning in the city

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
      If you really want the job and can afford the paycut then go for it . Top pay is reached in 9 years not 7
      hi, what is top pay roughly

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
        Hey frank, turn on your private messages
        How do you turn on private messages?

Comment

• This is the Suffolk County contract. Most Officers assigned from the 9th JD south don't have a contract yet
          Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
          Thanks for your quick response. I also thought they restructured max pay to 7 years with and changed the longtivity payments from 2 to3 as of April 2016 but I would have to go back and read the new 2011-2017 contract.

This is a summary I found of differences

http://sccea.org/wp-content/uploads/...reementdoc.pdf
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
            Thanks for your quick response. I also thought they restructured max pay to 7 years with and changed the longtivity payments from 2 to3 as of April 2016 but I would have to go back and read the new 2011-2017 contract.

This is a summary I found of differences

http://sccea.org/wp-content/uploads/...reementdoc.pdf

It takes 2 years to go from trainee to officer then another 7 years to reach top pay in the title which is 9 years total .

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
              How do you turn on private messages?
              Its somewhere in the account settings. I just got called today for the last med. My rank # is 109xx so you should be getting called soon too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
                Its somewhere in the account settings. I just got called today for the last med. My rank # is 109xx so you should be getting called soon too.
                I think it's already on. I really hope so, getting kind of nervous over here.

Comment

• Hey guys. I scored a 15XX on the Sept. 2014 exam so I hope to be called sooner than later (wishful thinking I know) and I was told it is impossible to get straight to Suffolk county LI. I will put in for the 5 boros (waa-waa) and my question is : Do you guys get free train fare on the LIRR? I know NYPD does. TIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                    This is the Suffolk County contract. Most Officers assigned from the 9th JD south don't have a contract yet
                    Thank you, you seem extremely knowledgeable. Is what he said true though? 9 years to top pay? If you look at the last page it seems to me 7 still. Am I reading this chart wrong?

http://www.cseajudiciary.org/media/1..._2011-2017.pdf

Year 1 - JG14 -$42,204
                    Year 2 - JG14- $44,435

Year 3 - (Officer) JG-18- $58,154... And so on?
                    Last edited by Mike_NYSCO; 01-28-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Not sure how the salary schedule will work for you, but as of last year, new COs start at JG16, and go up to 18 after 2 years
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Thank you, you seem extremely knowledgeable. Is what he said true though? 9 years to top pay? If you look at the last page it seems to me 7 still. Am I reading this chart wrong?

Year 1 - JG14 -$42,204
                        Year 2 - JG14- $44,435

NYC and 9th JD - JG 14 starts at 39,9xx and JG-16 starts around 44k

Upstate and Suffolk have settled contracts with the state, while officers hired in NYC and the 9th are still working under the contract that expired in 2010, so be aware when you're trying to look up these payscales. (Nassau too but they don't hire straight from the academy)

Comment

Year 1 - JG14 -$42,204
                          Year 2 - JG14- $44,435

You don't start as a court officer , you start as a court officer trainee which is a 2 year probationary period . When you pass your 2 years probation then you automatically advance to court officer .
                          You start at line 16 for court officer trainee and after completion of the 2 year probationary period you move up to line 19 ( court officers recently received a line increase from 18 to 19) starting pay for a NYC court officer trainees is 48200 with the locality pay and then when you add uniform allowance of 1305 a year it would be 49505 a year .

Comment

• Correct, forgot about the line 19 upgrade
                            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                              You don't start as a court officer , you start as a court officer trainee which is a 2 year probationary period . When you pass your 2 years probation then you automatically advance to court officer .
                              You start at line 16 for court officer trainee and after completion of the 2 year probationary period you move up to line 19 ( court officers recently received a line increase from 18 to 19) starting pay for a NYC court officer trainees is 48200 with the locality pay and then when you add uniform allowance of 1305 a year it would be 49505 a year .
                              Perfect thank you. I didn't know each district had their own agreements, I figured it was one for NYS. So as of now 9th district is still under discussion. Hopefully by the time they start canvassing it will be a different otherwise I may go the NYC route and hope to transfer. I already work in the city and I hate everything about it lol

Comment

• Are they still hiring off the old list of have they started on the new list (October & December 14 exams)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11769 users online. 462 members and 11307 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X