300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
    Well both are great jobs... Different but great, there's gonna be pros and cons with any job... Getting on one should help you get on the other an also prepare both physically and mentally. It's kind of bittersweet that you have to pick, both are really great. It really comes down to your needs... Also Back to your child, I'm not sure but I think the courts academy might be a sleep in academy, that could also be a factor in deciding if it is indeed a sleep in academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sleep in??? Whattt??? I've heard of this absolutely nowhere. Can someone on the job please shed some light on this.

If true, does it matter if you go to the upstate or nyc academy? Do you even get to pick?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm not 100% sure how courts are but I THINK the Upstate academy is sleep in and the NYC academy isn't, I'm not sure if they let you pick which one (probably not) but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
        I'm not 100% sure how courts are but I THINK the Upstate academy is sleep in and the NYC academy isn't, I'm not sure if they let you pick which one (probably not) but I could be wrong.

I live in manhattan about 30 - 45 min train ride from the nyc academy as opposed to a 2.5hr drive (without traffic) to the upstate academy. I guess it's just fingers crossed that they let me pick and that I don't have to stay there.

Any OTJ guys... this is your time to shine

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
          I live in manhattan about 30 - 45 min train ride from the nyc academy as opposed to a 2.5hr drive (without traffic) to the upstate academy. I guess it's just fingers crossed that they let me pick and that I don't have to stay there.

Any OTJ guys... this is your time to shine

very generally speaking, people being hired on LI, in NYC or the 9th jd go to the city while upstate hires go up to cohoes, with some exceptions here and there. I didn't go upstate so please ask one of those guys for specifics.

There had been rumors of a new academy opening in Brooklyn which will train all new officers in the state and be a sleep in academy, however those rumors have been floating for quite some time

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
            Sleep in??? Whattt??? I've heard of this absolutely nowhere. Can someone on the job please shed some light on this.

If true, does it matter if you go to the upstate or nyc academy? Do you even get to pick?

If you live in NYC and your canvassed for NYC then you will go the NYC academy on William street...(lower Manhattan). It is NOT a sleep in academy. I wouldn't worry about that aspect of it. Yes there is supposed to be a new academy in Brooklyn that will be a sleep in but that is not complete yet and I do not know when it will be. Any specific questions should be done via PM.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Thanks guys. Huge help.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                If you live in NYC and your canvassed for NYC then you will go the NYC academy on William street...(lower Manhattan). It is NOT a sleep in academy. I wouldn't worry about that aspect of it. Yes there is supposed to be a new academy in Brooklyn that will be a sleep in but that is not complete yet and I do not know when it will be. Any specific questions should be done via PM.
                Two questions I want to change my address they still have my old address from when I took the test. Who can I contact to get my address updated? Also when the time comes Im currently working on getting my drivers license would I need it to start the process or can I go through the process but wont start the academy or be appointed until I've acquired it?

Comment

• You can email HR Civil Service Administration office at [email protected].

Comment

• 2 Questions:

How long should I expect to wait with a low 4XXX list number?
                    And secondly, has the 9th JD actively taken officers from the previous test?

Comment

• Knowing that this is a long process from the very beginning, does anyone at least know about how many candidates get processed to start? List number 5XX just curious to know how many they process at one time, or if it's unknown at this juncture. Thanks!

Comment

• After we are told that we have completed the screening process how are we notified about the academy? How long does it take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
                          After we are told that we have completed the screening process how are we notified about the academy? How long does it take?
                          While I can't tell you how long it takes once you are done I can tell you that you will get a call from Albany offering you a spot in the Academy so word of advice, make sure you answer the phone when you see a call coming in from 518 area code

Comment

• Lol yup^ that's what's it's like for corrections, I was waiting for the call and was woken up by a call from Albany, the phone call that changed my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                              While I can't tell you how long it takes once you are done I can tell you that you will get a call from Albany offering you a spot in the Academy so word of advice, make sure you answer the phone when you see a call coming in from 518 area code
                              How much notice do they give you?

Comment

• I'm supposed to be going to the nyc academy am I still going to get a call from albany?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11788 users online. 445 members and 11343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X