Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the upstate academy grads! Good luck to all at your first commands and furthering your careers with the court officers. Best job you'll ever have and love. Trust me it's been one of the best decision's I have made to get OTJ.

As for the '14 test takers, be patient. It's a long process and no one will have the definite answer on when you'll start the process. Get/stay in shape and keep out of trouble. Also good luck to the ones going through the final stages for the NYC academy. February will be here quick. When some of you get in, the real "fun" will begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
      Spill the beans. What's it like? Everythinggggg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
      Not Happening lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by BrookeYoga View Post
        Hey all! New to the site, but I figured one of you can help me with a few questions I have! I took the latest NYS Court Officer exam in 2015, I scored a 97 and received the email saying "In the future, you will receive an e-mail providing you with instructions on how to select locations where you will be willing to accept an appointment to this position"
        Now, I was just wondering if any of you knew how long "in the future" may mean, and also if any of you had an idea of how likely it would be that I would be able to be placed somewhere on Long Island, or in NYC! Thanks
        Your in for a long wait and good luck on getting Long Island

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          Just completed the upstate academy, those 3.5 months flew by and it was a great time, yes 1 of our instructors told us the NYC academy is pushed back to February and that it hopefully wont get pushed back again

For those who are about to start the academy soon, good luck, and to make it easier for you guys, that 1st day make sure everything you say is followed by ma'am or sir, you ll thank me lol, the 1st day is definitely gonna be an eye opener for some people, but if you can stick it out, it will all be worth it in the end
          Whats up Tp3! It definitely flew by but we made it!

Comment

• Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
            Not Happening lol...
            Any info of the basic layout of the day? How many hours of PT a day? Is everything in the academy or do you do trainings elsewhere? Cmon man, give me something. Lol

Comment

Whats up Tp3! It definitely flew by but we made it!
              Yea we did..it was nice meeting you man...we def gotta keep in touch

Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
              Any info of the basic layout of the day? How many hours of PT a day? Is everything in the academy or do you do trainings elsewhere? Cmon man, give me something. Lol

I would be here all day if I said everything about the academy, just make sure you are in shape and to do everything that's asked of you. If you can do those things then you really don't have anything to worry about. Good Luck

Comment

Your in for a long wait and good luck on getting Long Island
                Dang is getting in on Long Island really that brutal? I figured since my number was in the 500's I had a slim chance haha bummer.

Comment

• Does anyone know how far down the list number they went to on the 09 test?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                    Does anyone know how far down the list number they went to on the 09 test?
                    Last I heard, it was like 10k

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post

Hey man I can give you vague advice all day..but I cant give too many details about the academy. You have to struggle like we did and everyone else before. Just eat right ..get in really good shape and prepare your mind to learn and focus and youll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrookeYoga View Post
                        Dang is getting in on Long Island really that brutal? I figured since my number was in the 500's I had a slim chance haha bummer.
                        You can't get Nassau out of the academy....has to be done via transfer and let's just say there are plenty of people ahead of you looking/waiting....then it also helps if you have "connections"

Comment

• I do not understand why they would list Nassau/Suffolk as an area of preference. If you cannot get and academy spot for this area why the heck would they canvas for it? When you go on the Court Officer web site it also indicates which scores where canvassed for Nassau and Suffolk. Is this a bold faced lie? Somebody please help me to understand this, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
                            I do not understand why they would list Nassau/Suffolk as an area of preference. If you cannot get and academy spot for this area why the heck would they canvas for it? When you go on the Court Officer web site it also indicates which scores where canvassed for Nassau and Suffolk. Is this a bold faced lie? Somebody please help me to understand this, thanks.
                            It pretty clearly states Suffolk with no mention of Nassau. Because Nassau didn't canvas. Because they don't take people straight out of the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                              It pretty clearly states Suffolk with no mention of Nassau. Because Nassau didn't canvas. Because they don't take people straight out of the academy.
                              Sounds good to me! I want Suffolk!

Comment

• I failed my pre-appointment med yesterday due to the eye exam. Guess my eyes got a little worse these past few months. Anyone here have any experience getting lasik?

I have to get retested in january on my own time to be complete for the feb academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8627 users online. 393 members and 8234 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X