Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats up everyone just wanted to let you guys know that I recieved my letter for pre-medical for Dec 7,2010.....nyc list # 3xx.......
    NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
    Got the call @ 1330
    To God be the glory....

Comment

• Thanks everyone for letting us know you've gotten the premedical appt letter! I rank 18** nyc, hopefully they will get to me soon!

Comment

• It's good to hear that the process is moving along for everyone, so far I've recieved 2 canvass letter's and 2 letter's telling me that the process should begin shortly, hopefully I get that pre-medical appt letter sometime this week.
        Last edited by chon718; 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• I received my letter today. Does anyone know if it is business attire or business casual for the Pre-Medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by chon718 View Post
            It's good to hear that the process is moving along for everyone, so far I've recieved 2 canvass letter's and 2 letter's telling me that the process should begin shortly, hopefully I get that pre-medical appt letter sometime this week.
            What were the 2 JD's who canvassed you? NYC and ?

Comment

• Did anyone who received the pre-medical screening appointment letter for NYC score a 95? I was expecting a letter today but did not receive one. I scored a 95.

Comment

• Is anything going on outside of NYC?

And another question that just came to mind: Do they conduct separate academy classes for upstate and NYC, or do you ever find a mix of people from different parts of the state in one class at either NY or Albany?

Comment

• There are upstate and downstate academies.

From the NYS Court System Website, "Recruits (court officer-trainees) are required to attend a 14-week training program at either the Court Officers Academy located in NYC, or our upstate facility in Cohoes (Albany County) for their Initial Peace Officer Basic Training."

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/academy.shtml

Comment

• They are pretty strict.. They take your height and weight. FYI, Last time around I was 5'9 1/2". They took that as 5'9" so I had to weigh 194... As you can probably tell that didn't pan out. I am now waiting for my premedical letter, and trying to lose weight as well. You will also have sight and BP same day. If it helps anyone else out its not formal... I wore shorts last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                      What were the 2 JD's who canvassed you? NYC and ?
                      Both were for nyc, I'm confused myself as to why I received two canvass letters

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                        Did anyone who received the pre-medical screening appointment letter for NYC score a 95? I was expecting a letter today but did not receive one. I scored a 95.
                        I scored a 95 also, still have not recieved anything

Comment

• 2010take2,

How long was the pre-medical when you went?

Comment

• 2010take2

Last questions about weigh in: Were you wearing shoes when measured? Were you wearing clothes when weighed? Thanks for the previous info as well. I appreciate it.

Comment

• hey 2010take2,

you say its your 2nd time around?? did u fail weight and they have you come back for a second try or if u fail weight your done for this list and you have to take the written test again next time it comes out and start on new list.

Comment

• I wish you can were shoes, but no. To play it safe I also weighed my clothes at home and found my lightest shorts and shirts. (people have gone down to their underwear if needed). I was told to lose weight and come back. Appx 1 to 2 weeks before second weighin I received a letter that hiring had been frozen. Anyone past the weighin would go on to complete the process. Its an archaic weight system (i wear a loose 34" pants and run 3.5 miles several times a week and i'm still 15 lbs over). No mistakes this time, i will show up at 194 or below.
                                Last edited by 2010take2; 11-23-2010, 03:13 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6616 users online. 340 members and 6276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X