Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYS Court Officers

    Originally posted by spaula01 View Post
    Where is it that you are getting this information? I would like to look up or is it word of mouth? if so, please keep me posted. Thanks
    As rocky stated, this is information we as applicants are getting directly from OCA staff and it is also accurate the most recent invitations we received for PAT retake(if applicable) indicate that the old list may expire soon. OCA staff has also said January academy will be the last academy for the 2009 list, 45-758. Regarding the new list, I haven't heard anything official and anything I have stated in regards to the process commencing is strictly my opinion. As I always recommended, if you have any questions regarding your application call the Court Officer processing unit or visit the recruitment website, I'm sure they would be more then willing to answer all your questions and/or confirm any information you read on this forum.
    Last edited by Ish3000; 11-25-2015, 04:56 PM.

    Comment


    • What are the odds of accepting a job state JD and then transferring back down to Long Island?

      Comment


      • If you really want the job accept what they offer you and wait for the transfer. I don't know how long it would take. I selected the city and long island. I hope to get LI but if its the city, ill take it. But what ive heard you don't know where youre going until graduation of the academy. But I also heard recruits don't go to Nassau and queens after graduation. that those locations are for transfers only.

        Comment


        • There is a wait list of a few years to get to LI from what I hear


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • H
            Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
            There is a wait list of a few years to get to LI from what I hear


            Tapatalk
            Thank you guys for the quick replies!

            I realized that court officers get a lot of paid time off with 27 vacation, 15 sick, 5 prep days, and comp time. But how are the courts with letting you take this time off? Because I know NYPD is a little strict with you using your time off

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
              H

              Thank you guys for the quick replies!

              I realized that court officers get a lot of paid time off with 27 vacation, 15 sick, 5 prep days, and comp time. But how are the courts with letting you take this time off? Because I know NYPD is a little strict with you using your time off

              You're referencing maximum accruals. Sick days are 13/yr. New hires start at 20 days annual leave per year, getting one extra day per year until you hit max.

              Ability to take the time will vary based on command, most buildings are still working short handed.

              Comment


              • Can anyone tell me exactly how the stamina test works. I want to try it in the gym, just not sure how the recovery works. What is the heart rate suppose to come down too? Thank you!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by stas526 View Post
                  Can anyone tell me exactly how the stamina test works. I want to try it in the gym, just not sure how the recovery works. What is the heart rate suppose to come down too? Thank you!!
                  This is a test of aerobic fitness designed to evaluate heart rate recovery and its associated maximal oxygen consumption. Candidates are required to step up and down on either a 15-3/4 inch (for men) or 13 inch (for women) high step platform for a period of five (5) consecutive minutes to the beat of a metronome. After a 30-second rest (recovery) period, the candidates' heart rates are then recorded via a pulse-meter. As to what your heart rate has to be afterwards I'm not sure, it probably varies by age. Also be advised that those are the current standards for the current list 45-758(2009 test) it may change for the newest list 45-784(2014 test).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rocky01977 View Post
                    on our invitation letters for final medicals and pat retakes it states that this could be last chance for 09 candidates. I was also told the academy is January by human resources
                    thanks Buddy, cant wait until they start calling 2014 candidates

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                      As rocky stated, this is information we as applicants are getting directly from OCA staff and it is also accurate the most recent invitations we received for PAT retake(if applicable) indicate that the old list may expire soon. OCA staff has also said January academy will be the last academy for the 2009 list, 45-758. Regarding the new list, I haven't heard anything official and anything I have stated in regards to the process commencing is strictly my opinion. As I always recommended, if you have any questions regarding your application call the Court Officer processing unit or visit the recruitment website, I'm sure they would be more then willing to answer all your questions and/or confirm any information you read on this forum.
                      Thank you very much. Hopeful for the new year and good luck with process

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                        This is a test of aerobic fitness designed to evaluate heart rate recovery and its associated maximal oxygen consumption. Candidates are required to step up and down on either a 15-3/4 inch (for men) or 13 inch (for women) high step platform for a period of five (5) consecutive minutes to the beat of a metronome. After a 30-second rest (recovery) period, the candidates' heart rates are then recorded via a pulse-meter. As to what your heart rate has to be afterwards I'm not sure, it probably varies by age. Also be advised that those are the current standards for the current list 45-758(2009 test) it may change for the newest list 45-784(2014 test).

                        Thank so much for the info!!!

                        Comment


                        • A lot of people go to the 9th JD lately?

                          Comment


                          • A little nervous right now. My investigator called me a few weeks ago about a ticket I received in october last year. I still have to take my oral psych and 3rd medical in preparation for the january academy. Is it normal to take this long?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
                              A little nervous right now. My investigator called me a few weeks ago about a ticket I received in october last year. I still have to take my oral psych and 3rd medical in preparation for the january academy. Is it normal to take this long?
                              My B/I cleared last week (after 4 and a half months) and I received and e-mail for my oral psych, which I completed on Sunday.

                              I would recommend e-mailing and calling your investigator.

                              Comment


                              • They emailed you for the psych? Did your BI let you know your investigation was complete before they emailed you for the psych?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9248 users online. 383 members and 8865 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X