Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, does anyone know if the court officer benefits include anything for childcare?

My current job gives their employees $200 a month to help with childcare expenses and I wanted to know if there was anything similar with NYSCO

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      As far as I know, no one went to Nassau off the 2009 exam, they only took transfers. Any 10th JD canvassing/hiring you see is Suffolk, and even that is limited.
      just curious on what limited is? They only taking a few candidates for suffolk? I'm assuming its harder to get into suffolk ?

Comment

As far as I know, no one went to Nassau off the 2009 exam, they only took transfers. Any 10th JD canvassing/hiring you see is Suffolk, and even that is limited.
        This.....you might as well get rid of the idea of working in Nassau until you have a few years on the job. It aint happening.

Comment

• Does anyone know when and what the grades for canvassing will be for the new test. 45-784

Hopeful CO. RANK 35**

Comment

• For any of the guys asking for details about the 2014 examination, I understand you guys are eager to get the process started but you guys have to be realistic. Theres an academy going on now upstate and theres going to be another down in the city off the old list. All of you guys are in for a wait. Even if youre ranked in the top 100. It isnt a fast process to get on the job. Go on with your lives..and hopefully you will be contacted.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
              For any of the guys asking for details about the 2014 examination, I understand you guys are eager to get the process started but you guys have to be realistic. Theres an academy going on now upstate and theres going to be another down in the city off the old list. All of you guys are in for a wait. Even if youre ranked in the top 100. It isnt a fast process to get on the job. Go on with your lives..and hopefully you will be contacted.
              Hey oneshot how's the academy going? Have u heard anything about the start date of the next one in NYC?

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
                Hey oneshot how's the academy going? Have u heard anything about the start date of the next one in NYC?
                Hey whats up...the academy is awesome. Really great learning expirience, great instructors and great group of men and women in in cass with. I havent heard a concrete date for the next academy Ive just heard January. Ill let you guys know if I get wind of anything real.

Comment

• Hey guys new on here, Im currently employed with corrections I scored approx 93 on the exam just curious if anyone knows the percise pay scale for court officers thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nick_geomel View Post
                    Yes I am a NYC candidate. I e-mailed my investigator and he told me it's still ongoing. I e-mailed him a second time last week and received no response. Still waiting....
                    Yea I have been trying to get in contact with my investigator. Been calling and left a message also sent an email and haven't heard anything yet. How long did it take for you to get in touch with yours?

Comment

• My investigator did get back to me and asked me for 2 minor items, which I submitted. No other updates were provided.

Comment

• O ok I guess we are all gonna hear something at the same time

Comment

• Originally posted by Wscheck1224 View Post
                          Hey guys new on here, Im currently employed with corrections I scored approx 93 on the exam just curious if anyone knows the percise pay scale for court officers thanks
                          I found it, I'll give you a copy at work.
                          Last edited by jmelnick82; 10-26-2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Restoration of 30/55 for tier 6 peace officers, disability retirement for CO's injured from an assault and veteran's buyback all vetoed.

New officers coming on with no prior state employment history are still a part of tier 6 - retirement is age 63 regardless of service time. Retirement is possible as early as age 55, however you will be subject to nearly a 50% penalty.

Comment

Restoration of 30/55 for tier 6 peace officers, disability retirement for CO's injured from an assault and veteran's buyback all vetoed.

New officers coming on with no prior state employment history are still a part of tier 6 - retirement is age 63 regardless of service time. Retirement is possible as early as age 55, however you will be subject to nearly a 50% penalty.

63...wow

Comment

• No veteran's buyback? That blows....

Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                                Restoration of 30/55 for tier 6 peace officers, disability retirement for CO's injured from an assault and veteran's buyback all vetoed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8866 users online. 367 members and 8499 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X