Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yes, it expires after a year.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
      Yes, it expires after a year.
      Oh ok. Good luck. You should pass it again no problem.

      Comment


      • Yes I am a NYC candidate. I e-mailed my investigator and he told me it's still ongoing. I e-mailed him a second time last week and received no response. Still waiting....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nick_geomel View Post
          Yes I am a NYC candidate. I e-mailed my investigator and he told me it's still ongoing. I e-mailed him a second time last week and received no response. Still waiting....
          Hopefully he should be finishing up soon then. Email and call him again if he does respond within a week or two. Best to have everything done by the time they start scheduling pre medicals. They should start scheduling them by December.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
            Well I will be going into the academy in January.
            Congratulations!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
              I know this has prob been answered 100 times, but do most people on the list solely put down NYC for their JD preference. Lets say 12,000 people are in front of me on the list, you would say that atleast 6,000 are only going to want NYC? Just curious to see if there is a better chance to get called for upstate JD.
              I wondered how deep into the list they go for different areas, so I did some work.
              The following is based on the 2009/10 test 45-758

              http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/canvassing.shtml

              NYC Score 83.3 and above
              3rd JD 80.0 and above
              4th JD 70.0 and above
              5th JD 70.0 and above
              6th JD 70.0 and above
              8th JD 83.3 and above
              9th JD 85.0 and above
              10th JD 85.0 and above

              I then checked the test results http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...lts/2010.shtml
              These are the general score list numbers give or take (I only looked at the letter M last name)

              scored above 96 - list number 1 - 350
              scored 95 - list number 350 - 750
              scored 93.4 - list number 750 - 1550
              scored 91.7 - list number 1550 - 2650
              scored 90.0 - list number 2650 - 4000
              scored 88.3 - list number 4000 - 5800
              scored 86.6 - list number 5800 - 7900
              scored 85.0 - list number 7900 - 10300
              scored 83.3 - list number 10300- 12700
              I gave up after 83.3 because I am downstate. So to answer the question... upstate goes through the entire list and based on the prior test cycle, downstate, NYC get to list numbers 10,000 to 13,000. The past is no indication of future(hiring freezes, lay offs etc.) but its at least an idea of where we stand and possible wait time.

              FYI - I scored 91 and am 47XX on 2014 test

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nys court officer trainee exam decemeber 13, 2014 View Post
                I wondered how deep into the list they go for different areas, so I did some work.
                The following is based on the 2009/10 test 45-758

                http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/canvassing.shtml

                NYC Score 83.3 and above
                3rd JD 80.0 and above
                4th JD 70.0 and above
                5th JD 70.0 and above
                6th JD 70.0 and above
                8th JD 83.3 and above
                9th JD 85.0 and above
                10th JD 85.0 and above

                I then checked the test results http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...lts/2010.shtml
                These are the general score list numbers give or take (I only looked at the letter M last name)

                scored above 96 - list number 1 - 350
                scored 95 - list number 350 - 750
                scored 93.4 - list number 750 - 1550
                scored 91.7 - list number 1550 - 2650
                scored 90.0 - list number 2650 - 4000
                scored 88.3 - list number 4000 - 5800
                scored 86.6 - list number 5800 - 7900
                scored 85.0 - list number 7900 - 10300
                scored 83.3 - list number 10300- 12700
                I gave up after 83.3 because I am downstate. So to answer the question... upstate goes through the entire list and based on the prior test cycle, downstate, NYC get to list numbers 10,000 to 13,000. The past is no indication of future(hiring freezes, lay offs etc.) but its at least an idea of where we stand and possible wait time.

                FYI - I scored 91 and am 47XX on 2014 test

                We are both 47xx haha. Man if only I took this exam in 2009 with the same score lol.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nys court officer trainee exam decemeber 13, 2014 View Post
                  I wondered how deep into the list they go for different areas, so I did some work.
                  The following is based on the 2009/10 test 45-758

                  http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/canvassing.shtml

                  NYC Score 83.3 and above
                  3rd JD 80.0 and above
                  4th JD 70.0 and above
                  5th JD 70.0 and above
                  6th JD 70.0 and above
                  8th JD 83.3 and above
                  9th JD 85.0 and above
                  10th JD 85.0 and above

                  I then checked the test results http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...lts/2010.shtml
                  These are the general score list numbers give or take (I only looked at the letter M last name)

                  scored above 96 - list number 1 - 350
                  scored 95 - list number 350 - 750
                  scored 93.4 - list number 750 - 1550
                  scored 91.7 - list number 1550 - 2650
                  scored 90.0 - list number 2650 - 4000
                  scored 88.3 - list number 4000 - 5800
                  scored 86.6 - list number 5800 - 7900
                  scored 85.0 - list number 7900 - 10300
                  scored 83.3 - list number 10300- 12700
                  I gave up after 83.3 because I am downstate. So to answer the question... upstate goes through the entire list and based on the prior test cycle, downstate, NYC get to list numbers 10,000 to 13,000. The past is no indication of future(hiring freezes, lay offs etc.) but its at least an idea of where we stand and possible wait time.

                  FYI - I scored 91 and am 47XX on 2014 test
                  I got 86.6, so that should be good to get a call I'm assuming. I gave up the idea of getting NYC though, that would take like 4 years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                    I got 86.6, so that should be good to get a call I'm assuming. I gave up the idea of getting NYC though, that would take like 4 years.

                    Whats your list number looking like?

                    Comment


                    • So list 114x might get me into Nassau?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Yes it Probaly will get you into Nassau it just may take a while

                        Comment


                        • It is 12,000.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                            Yes it Probaly will get you into Nassau it just may take a while


                            As far as I know, no one went to Nassau off the 2009 exam, they only took transfers. Any 10th JD canvassing/hiring you see is Suffolk, and even that is limited.

                            Comment


                            • Anyone know when they might send the email where we need to select location?

                              List 356x

                              Comment


                              • List number 11,400(88)..any educated guesses if this could get me NYC?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8568 users online. 379 members and 8189 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X