300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
    Hey.. Question about retirement.. Is it 20 or 30 years? My fiancee is nypd and on track to retire by 2035 so I'm just trying to do some future planning

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Coming in without any prior time will put you in tier 6. Retirement at age 63. Early retirement is possible at 55 however you will experience approximately 50% reduction in your pension. There is a bill on cuomos desk that will restore 30/55 like the previous tiers but he vetoed it
    last year, so I'd be surprised if he signed it this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      Coming in without any prior time will put you in tier 6. Retirement at age 63. Early retirement is possible at 55 however you will experience approximately 50% reduction in your pension. There is a bill on cuomos desk that will restore 30/55 like the previous tiers but he vetoed it
      last year, so I'd be surprised if he signed it this year.
      Ouch. That kinda sucks. But thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey everyone. Just want to get an idea of how many are hoping to get in to the January academy in the city (if there is one..hopefully there will be)?

I took my oral psych back in June. Waiting for my pre appointment medial.

Comment

• Well I will be going into the academy in January.

Comment

• Congrats! Can you PM by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
              Well I will be going into the academy in January.
              Nice, curious, what did you score and how long was the wait for you to get in?

Comment

• Congrats CO HOPEFUL. Are you a NYC CANDIDATE or are you going to a different JD?

Are there any other NYC Candidates that are waiting for their pre appointment medicals?

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
                  Congrats CO HOPEFUL. Are you a NYC CANDIDATE or are you going to a different JD?

Are there any other NYC Candidates that are waiting for their pre appointment medicals?
                  I'm a NYC candidate waiting for the pre appointment medical, for the January academy and staying in the city.

Comment

• Does that mean your background investigation cleared? and if so, were you notified by e-mail or letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick_geomel View Post
                      Does that mean your background investigation cleared? and if so, were you notified by e-mail or letter.
                      Not sure what you mean. Are you asking if it cleared my investigator or the evaluation board?

Comment

• Investigator

Comment

• He called me

Comment

• nick_geomel are you a nyc candidate as well? I emailed my investigator back in June asking if he needed anything from me and he responded in about 2 days saying mine was complete.

Ish3000 hopefully they will let us know soon about the pre medicals.

Comment

• Originally posted by CG52712 View Post
                              nick_geomel are you a nyc candidate as well? I emailed my investigator back in June asking if he needed anything from me and he responded in about 2 days saying mine was complete.

Ish3000 hopefully they will let us know soon about the pre medicals.
                              Yes hopefully soon. I know in December i have to re take my PAT. So I would imagine I probably will be doing the pre appointment med in that month as well.(wishful thinking)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                                Yes hopefully soon. I know in December i have to re take my PAT. So I would imagine I probably will be doing the pre appointment med in that month as well.(wishful thinking)
                                Wow why do you have to take your Pat again? is there a time limit before they expire? I took mine back in May

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 316 members and 5941 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X