Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unblindeacon
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2007

Sorry civilservant I cant give it all away lol. I dont know if the format will stay or change as class sizes have steadily been increasing. Best advice is get in shape & stay in shape If you want something bad enough... you'll find a way...but for me overall..very challenging & now very rewarding
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• CivilServant14
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by unblindeacon
      Sorry civilservant I cant give it all away lol. I dont know if the format will stay or change as class sizes have steadily been increasing. Best advice is get in shape & stay in shape If you want something bad enough... you'll find a way...but for me overall..very challenging & now very rewarding
      thank you for the info...and congrats on your new career!!

Comment

• grunt999
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2010

Location?

I was wondering when you found out where you would be working? Was it during the Academy, or before? How is it decided? Thanks!!

Comment

• unblindeacon
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2007

Grunt check your inbox
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• MP1212
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2010

Anyone get an appt for the pre screening medical yet? I'm very anxious to weigh in before I gain more weight from my pregnancy.

unblindeacon, I'm so happy you're here to answer some of our questions. I know you can't answer everything for us but are there options of day and night for the academy? I know they do that with the regular police academy. It wouldn't be such an issue if I didn't have a child (soon to be 2 kids) and my husband is on sanitation so we would be able to switch his schedule if it would work better. Did you get to pick a couple of locations that you would like to work or do they just give you one at random? I don't have any other questions at the moment but if you have any info that may be useful I would really appreciate...

I wonder how they find your friends... damn facebook lol I hope they don't contact my employer before I tell them because I wasn't planning on telling them until I was closer to getting in.

Comment

• britta
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2010

Dinosaur...just good advice from a good officer...not an actual topic taught hahahaha, although table of hate was refrenced several times hahahaha. check your pm have a ques for you.

Civilservant: Very thorough including contacting neighbors, employers, friends...they know more about me than I do myslef....total time was about 4 to 5 months

TP3: It was a bunch of colored circles with different colored numbers inside them...Blue & Green, Orange & Red and something else

Britta: One guy in the class got lasik done 6 weeks before the academy started..take the eye test first see if u can pass & if not then explore other options ie. lasik
              Thanks for all the info! I did end up getting the letter on Friday so I can't wait to get an appointment for the initial exams. I'm going to just try to think positive thoughts about the eye test, lol.

One question that I'm not sure you can answer - do they independently contact your friends/neighbors, or do you have to supply names and numbers? By dad had to get defense clearance for his job and I think he had to give some names, but maybe they also did their own independent search.

Comment

• dbacksrock02
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2010

Normally you have to supply the information for the background check.

Comment

• Seino331
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2010

Last edited by Seino331; 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Theogre
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2010

at least i aint the only nov 9 grad on this site
                    it only gets better when u get to ur command

Comment

• isler45
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2010

How long do you have from when you complete the academy to starting the job?

Comment

• britta
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2010

Any clue how long it takes from when you get the letter saying you'll be hearing from them (re the initial physical exam) until when you actually hear from them? lol

Comment

• Retriever
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2010

I see on an NYPD thread that you cannot have ownership of a business while in the academy. Does anyone know if the courts has a similar restriction?

Comment

• Cravan
                            Forum Member
                            • Sep 2008

Hey Dinosaur,

I received a call from OCA this week asking me if I am still interested in a position as a court officer trainee and I said yes. They scheduled me for a final medical exam on 11/29/10. I took my exam in 2005 and I passed all pre-hire requirements. OCA told me that they are considering a new class in Jan 2011. I was wondering, if I pass the final medical exam will I definitely get the job? I was surprised that they called me because I thought they were not hiring court officers any more because of budget cuts.

Comment

• CivilServant14
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Cravan
                              Hey Dinosaur,

I received a call from OCA this week asking me if I am still interested in a position as a court officer trainee and I said yes. They scheduled me for a final medical exam on 11/29/10. I took my exam in 2005 and I passed all pre-hire requirements. OCA told me that they are considering a new class in Jan 2011. I was wondering, if I pass the final medical exam will I definitely get the job? I was surprised that they called me because I thought they were not hiring court officers any more because of budget cuts.
                              Hey Cravan-
                              Congrats on the call!!
                              If you don't mind me asking, what was your score, rank and your preferred location (was this for NYC)? Just trying to get an idea of how high they went in rank on last exam.
                              Thanks!

Comment

• dbacksrock02
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Cravan
                                Hey Dinosaur,

They certainly are going to be hiring court officers. They have already began canvassing and have many vacancies to fill after the buy-out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20687 users online. 56 members and 20631 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...