Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Test
    replied
    Can the state legally require candidates to have the vaccine in order to be hired? There are still a lot of people that do not want to get the vaccine. I wonder if anyone will file a lawsuit to challenge this!

Leave a comment:

• Brooklynsfinest93
    replied
    Originally posted by Elovey9 View Post
    I think I saw on the site that they’re doing an upstate academy on beginning sept 7. Hope the city gets some news soon Good luck to all the upstate guys tho
    oh wow nice good luck to all the upstate guys, lets see what us downstate guys get.

Leave a comment:

• Elovey9
    replied
    I think I saw on the site that they’re doing an upstate academy on beginning sept 7. Hope the city gets some news soon Good luck to all the upstate guys tho

Leave a comment:

• Brooklynsfinest93
    replied
    Whats up fellas long time lurker of this forum, excited to be taking this exam potentially in the fall, i would leave my FD position to take this if i could, anyways ive taken other open competitive exams and i feel like its all the same with the questions and common sense, do we really need to study? and how was the psych process, i remember doing the pd psych process and it was abit brutal and so im curious about that, other then this good luck and i hope to continue to share and talk with you all in this process once we score high and get this process started!

Leave a comment:

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    I believe the 2009 test took about 9-10 months to grade and establish the list. I’m not sure about 2014 test but either way there will be at least 1 class before new list comes out

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    When i got hired off the 2009 exam, i was cleared for a class pretty quickly but there was hiring freeze. Once they contacted me it was physical retest and then less then a month later was medical. And probably 2-3 weeks after that i got the call for the academy.

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    Makes sense, I'm just factoring in...certain things may be done remotely now and the need may not be as much before. Although I guess we do have to factor in retirements.

One would assume they would have to retest medicals and physicals, but what do I know...but I'm ready right now lol

• LukeSW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrrealmadrid View Post
    Its just amazing that no one knows anything about the NYC candidates. I imagine a bunch of people retired last year. Those of us that were on the final step have recieved 0 communication.
    The 2014 test doesn't expire immediately once the new test is administered. Once the 2021 list numbers are released, which can be months to a year, THEN the 2014 test is expired.

I'd say since they've already invested money into your background investigations, medical, and physical you would be the last NYC class from the 2014 exam. Nothing to worry about right now.

Leave a comment:

• Mrrealmadrid
    replied
    Its just amazing that no one knows anything about the NYC candidates. I imagine a bunch of people retired last year. Those of us that were on the final step have recieved 0 communication.

Leave a comment:

• L33
    replied
    Good luck to everyone restarting the process. Consider yourself extremely fortunate that 7 years after the test was given they are still hiring off the list. With that being said, start preparing now. Pushups, situps, mountain climbers, and run.

Leave a comment:

• Tedliz
    commented on 's reply
    9th jd is considered downstate. Also, upstate is much easier to get the job

• OPT3
    commented on 's reply
    Downstate is supposedly opening up again. Don’t lose hope

• OPT3
    commented on 's reply
    Yes they do

• OPT3
    commented on 's reply
    Bunch of guys from nypd and corrections always end up transferring over. It really depends on how you’re as a person. Do you like to be on patrol and see where the day takes you or come in and do the same thing everyday.

• OPT3
    commented on 's reply
    My guess is yes. Their mindset would probably be that the academy has a set of rules, you either adhere or don’t take the job, basically.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3542 users online. 210 members and 3332 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X