Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored 100, rank within the top 100. Before I scour this extremely lengthy thread, does anyone know if the PAT will be the same as the old or if it'll change? Also, do they not tell you what's considered passing for each test? Like we'll have no idea what our target heart rate should be for the step test? I know what is usually considered passing for a 3 min step test, but I don't know if the standards would be different for a 5 min test or if they're higher or lower than the avg.
    Bryan

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
      What a ridiculous question...Sheesh. Mentally easy?
      Whats wrong with that question? Jobs like Sanitation are known to be a completely stress free job, and infact many OTJ think its the greatest thing to have a job that pays so well and is easy to do.

ive heard the same about Court Officer and was just looking for some thoughts. A job that doesnt come with much stress is a major plus for me and many others I am sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
        Whats wrong with that question? Jobs like Sanitation are known to be a completely stress free job, and infact many OTJ think its the greatest thing to have a job that pays so well and is easy to do.

ive heard the same about Court Officer and was just looking for some thoughts. A job that doesnt come with much stress is a major plus for me and many others I am sure.
        I stand by my comment...It's a ridiculous question and if you really want to learn what Court Officers do and what they deal with, go to a courthouse and observe.

Comment

• The union's DO NOT issue parking permits. They issue placards that I'd the holder as a union member. Whether or not the placard will get you out of a ticket is doubtful in this day and age. Any LE job is mentally easy if you go through your career without employing situational awareness. The job is also physically easy until the defendant goes off and you wind up getting your back cracked on the defense table or the courtroom rail. Or maybe you just don't think about the sudden appearance of a large number of people in the courtroom to support a plaintiff in a contentious case. Daydream your way through life and and any job can be "easy".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
            Any LE job is mentally easy if you go through your career without employing situational awareness. The job is also physically easy until the defendant goes off and you wind up getting your back cracked on the defense table or the courtroom rail. Or maybe you just don't think about the sudden appearance of a large number of people in the courtroom to support a plaintiff in a contentious case. Daydream your way through life and and any job can be "easy".
            THATS a sticky right there!!!
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post

In what world would an LEO job be considered stress free?...Hell i believe NYC Sanitaion reports more injuries OTJ then any other city agency. Be careful of your career choices buddy....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigMerf87 View Post
                Scored a 97 on 2014 exam. Ranked 42x.

Currently a CO for NYSDOCCS.
                Hey BigMerf87. 06 Bravo? I was 06 Alpha. Got a 91. At Sing Sing right now. Keep in touch and let me know how things go.
                sigpic
                NCPD 22222:
                12/18/12: TESTED
                NCCO 66-243:
                04/13/13: TESTED
                NYSDOCC 25-627/25-626:
                04/13/13: TESTED
                10/03/14: OTJ
                NCDS 60-184:
                10/05/13: TESTED
                NYSCO 45-784:
                10/18/14: TESTED

Comment

• Heyy everyone! Thanks for all the helpful info!

I scored 100 and ranked 5X.

I haven't even gotten a canvassing letter or the email to choose JDs so it looks like it's going to take some time.

I also took the NYPD exam (4312, #10X)

Now it's basically a waiting game to see which process will be quicker.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any idea when OCA will officially start canvassing from the list off the recent exam?

Comment

• Marvin check PM.
                      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                        Heyy everyone! Thanks for all the helpful info!

I scored 100 and ranked 5X.

I haven't even gotten a canvassing letter or the email to choose JDs so it looks like it's going to take some time.

I also took the NYPD exam (4312, #10X)

Now it's basically a waiting game to see which process will be quicker.

Sent from my SM-G920T using

Tapatalk
                        Very impressive , I believe you are the first poster to have scored 100 on the court officer exam .

Comment

• Yes 06 Bravo. My sn isnt very stealthy lol.

Comment

• Guys, need some advice here. I have my PAT 2 months from now upstate. I wear specs, and am seriously considering a lasik eye surgery before the PAT. I’m visiting my sis in Canada, later this week, and am considering getting it done there at a lasik surgery center in Kitchener called See by Intravision. She got it done there, and didn’t have any problems other than some dry eyes for the first month. Do any of you think I’ll have problems with PAT if I just had lasik 2 months back?

Comment

• Originally posted by lyndawalks View Post
                              Guys, need some advice here. I have my PAT 2 months from now upstate. I wear specs, and am seriously considering a lasik eye surgery before the PAT. I’m visiting my sis in Canada, later this week, and am considering getting it done there at a lasik surgery center in Kitchener called See by Intravision. She got it done there, and didn’t have any problems other than some dry eyes for the first month. Do any of you think I’ll have problems with PAT if I just had lasik 2 months back?
                              You mean vision-wise or are you afraid of hurting your eyes? Either way you should be fine. I had lasik almost 10 years ago. It heals fast. If you're worried about hurting your eyes, ask the doctor performing the procedure. Ask him. Bring details of the tests from the PAT. Also, perhaps have him write a note stating if won't affect your vision if you do the PAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey.. Question about retirement.. Is it 20 or 30 years? My fiancee is nypd and on track to retire by 2035 so I'm just trying to do some future planning

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6745 users online. 354 members and 6391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X