Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pdaoaudio View Post
    I have already posted my rank and grade form the 2014 exam, I got a 86.5 rank of 13k.

    If i were to leave NYS for some period of time (before being canvased etc) would I still be eligible? I only ask this because I was tentatively selected to become of CBP officer out of NY. I have been going through the process of that during this past last year. If i would not be eligible anymore for it I would not want to take the job with customs. What I'm trying to figure out is what if I went down there, trained, taken the job with customs, then was called for canvassing would I still be able to? If so could I just update my address to my parents home (in NY) and work out of state? I'm kind of rambling but I have a lot of my plate in life and have had to make some very large life decisions so I apologies if this sounds like a jumble of words

    Long story short, can I be out of state and still be called if i have a NY address on file?

    if I were you I will take the CBPO job then transfer back to NYS after a year of probation.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
      if I were you I will take the CBPO job then transfer back to NYS after a year of probation.
      I know this has prob been answered 100 times, but do most people on the list solely put down NYC for their JD preference. Lets say 12,000 people are in front of me on the list, you would say that atleast 6,000 are only going to want NYC? Just curious to see if there is a better chance to get called for upstate JD.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
        I know this has prob been answered 100 times, but do most people on the list solely put down NYC for their JD preference. Lets say 12,000 people are in front of me on the list, you would say that atleast 6,000 are only going to want NYC? Just curious to see if there is a better chance to get called for upstate JD.
        It's all relative.... More people choose NYC but there are more jobs in NYC, less people choose upstate districts but there are less jobs upstate... As I have said previously, too many variables that affect the chances of being called/hired to accurately answer your question.

        Comment


        • So just to clarify..a score of 88 and a rank of 11400 is good enough to get a call in NYC?

          Going to start the process NOW, getting into shape and learning all I can about the job and acing the physical, medical etc etc.
          Last edited by Tactical1; 09-26-2015, 05:15 PM.

          Comment


          • NYS Court Officers

            Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
            So just to clarify..a score of 88 and a rank of 11400 is good enough to get a call in NYC?

            Going to start the process NOW, getting into shape and learning all I can about the job and acing the physical, medical etc etc.
            No one can answer that question for you with a definitive yes or no. You may or may not get canvassed. Just do what you have to do to and stay optimistic. Also, in the mean time don't solely rely on this. Keep taking other test, go through different hiring processes and maybe you get something before Court Officer comes around.
            Last edited by Ish3000; 09-26-2015, 05:36 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
              So just to clarify..a score of 88 and a rank of 11400 is good enough to get a call in NYC?

              Going to start the process NOW, getting into shape and learning all I can about the job and acing the physical, medical etc etc.

              Honestly with a list number like that, I would keep my options open..

              Comment


              • Guys - the only way you'll ever know that you scored high enough to get canvassed is actually receiving your canvass letter. Asking wether or not you scored high enough is very hard to answer. I know what you are going through as I too was once there wondering. All you can do and control is your weight and staying out of trouble. Everything else is beyond your control. Just go about your everyday life and hopefully some day you'll get your canvass letter. I've said before patience is something you'll need to find, embrace, and use through out your time on the list. 4 years with an option to extend 1 more year for the life of the list. There is your time frame. So use it wisely and be ready when you get the call.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
                  if I were you I will take the CBPO job then transfer back to NYS after a year of probation.

                  I wont be waiting around for the courts to come around. I know the process is a long one and I'm looking at a long wait time to hear back to be canvassed so I plan to keep my options opened, I just do not want to leave the state to find out later there is no way I can get in if i decided to leave the state and try to come back if i were to be canvassed. I am currently in the process for cbp, had my written exam and medical already out of the way, submitted my background check a few weeks ago, and next week i have my fitness exam as well as my video based testing. I am currently looking at a potential lay off for the railroad so i may make good use of my time and put myself through the local police academy. There are a few local departments that hire part time as long as you have been through the academy. Just need to make sure I stay positive and hopefully have my ducks in a line come the new year.

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for the reply guys!

                    yes I am NOT putting all my eggs into one basket, took exams for MTA, Sanitation and Suffolk Police (maybe a long shot lol) and will continue to keep my options opened.

                    Something that ive been thinking about recently though, whats the parking situation with Court Officers? Is there a designated parking area for Officers? Only asking because id much rather drive into Manhattan than to take mass transit.

                    Also, ive heard that this job is really simple to do, how true is this? Ive heard this job is mentally as easy as Sanitation and that its a 70g a year cake walk? Anyone care to elaborate?

                    Lol appreciate any responses and thanks inadvance for taking the time to talk to me haha. Goodluck all.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                      Thanks for the reply guys!

                      yes I am NOT putting all my eggs into one basket, took exams for MTA, Sanitation and Suffolk Police (maybe a long shot lol) and will continue to keep my options opened.

                      Something that ive been thinking about recently though, whats the parking situation with Court Officers? Is there a designated parking area for Officers? Only asking because id much rather drive into Manhattan than to take mass transit.

                      Also, ive heard that this job is really simple to do, how true is this? Ive heard this job is mentally as easy as Sanitation and that its a 70g a year cake walk? Anyone care to elaborate?

                      Lol appreciate any responses and thanks inadvance for taking the time to talk to me haha. Goodluck all.

                      Speaking of sanitation, the list for that exam was released today.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                        Speaking of sanitation, the list for that exam was released today.
                        Online?


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Call the DCAS hotline OR check the DCAS website....lists are public.

                          Comment


                          • Finally found it. List 1962X. Lol. And I scored a 97+. Damn


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                              Thanks for the reply guys!

                              yes I am NOT putting all my eggs into one basket, took exams for MTA, Sanitation and Suffolk Police (maybe a long shot lol) and will continue to keep my options opened.

                              Something that ive been thinking about recently though, whats the parking situation with Court Officers? Is there a designated parking area for Officers? Only asking because id much rather drive into Manhattan than to take mass transit.

                              Also, ive heard that this job is really simple to do, how true is this? Ive heard this job is mentally as easy as Sanitation and that its a 70g a year cake walk? Anyone care to elaborate?

                              Lol appreciate any responses and thanks inadvance for taking the time to talk to me haha. Goodluck all.


                              you will get a parking permit issued by the NYS Court Officer Association to park on the street and a nypd traffic officer will give you courtesy not writting you a ticket

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                                Thanks for the reply guys!

                                yes I am NOT putting all my eggs into one basket, took exams for MTA, Sanitation and Suffolk Police (maybe a long shot lol) and will continue to keep my options opened.

                                Something that ive been thinking about recently though, whats the parking situation with Court Officers? Is there a designated parking area for Officers? Only asking because id much rather drive into Manhattan than to take mass transit.

                                Also, ive heard that this job is really simple to do, how true is this? Ive heard this job is mentally as easy as Sanitation and that its a 70g a year cake walk? Anyone care to elaborate?

                                Lol appreciate any responses and thanks inadvance for taking the time to talk to me haha. Goodluck all.

                                What a ridiculous question...Sheesh. Mentally easy?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4679 users online. 176 members and 4503 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X