300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
    Im a little worried here. Currently going through the screening process and im hearing that a new list came out. Could this affect my group from getting into the january academy?
    If You complete the process before January You will be in That class . Dont worry about the New List being created , they have to hire a class in January from the Old List . Dont sweat it .

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
      If You complete the process before January You will be in That class . Dont worry about the New List being created , they have to hire a class in January from the Old List . Dont sweat it .
      Not for nothing, but you post a lot of information and quite a bit of it is not accurate. Case in point, just because you get through the process does not in fact mean you will be in the next and probably last NYC class in January. There are lots of factors including where you chose to work (NYC, Suffolk, 9th JD etc...). Also, it will depend on the size of the class and what your rank number is. If you have 200 people cleared and they decide to hire 120 people, aside from what I mentioned previously, your rank number has to be low enough to make the cut.

You all need to keep in mind that a lot of people with better list numbers have probably deferred in the past, many of those individuals will accept an appointment knowing that it most likely will be the last class off the old list. As you can see, there are many variables so I am not sure how COHOPEFUL can make the statement that if you get through the process before January you are in the class. It's just not that simple and it gives people false hope.... Too many variables for people to talk in absolutes.

Good luck to all those processing and hopefully, you do make it into the next class but I also hope you took and did well on the last exam as a backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
        And why do they have to hire a class from the older list?

Comment

• Cuz they put the time/money and effort into processing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
            Cuz they put the time/money and effort into processing you.

So the question is are people actively being processed right now? Isn't there an academy already in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
              Cuz they put the time/money and effort into processing you.

The key words "have to" is what makes the statement incorrect. They may "want" to use people that they have already invested time and money in but they do not "have" and quite frankly, I have seen in the past that they did not hire many people who were cleared and ready to go. Once again, information being presented here as Gospel when in fact, it is simply someones opinion and it should be presented as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
                Not for nothing, but you post a lot of information and quite a bit of it is not accurate. Case in point, just because you get through the process does not in fact mean you will be in the next and probably last NYC class in January. There are lots of factors including where you chose to work (NYC, Suffolk, 9th JD etc...). Also, it will depend on the size of the class and what your rank number is. If you have 200 people cleared and they decide to hire 120 people, aside from what I mentioned previously, your rank number has to be low enough to make the cut.

You all need to keep in mind that a lot of people with better list numbers have probably deferred in the past, many of those individuals will accept an appointment knowing that it most likely will be the last class off the old list. As you can see, there are many variables so I am not sure how COHOPEFUL can make the statement that if you get through the process before January you are in the class. It's just not that simple and it gives people false hope.... Too many variables for people to talk in absolutes.

Good luck to all those processing and hopefully, you do make it into the next class but I also hope you took and did well on the last exam as a backup.
                Is there any way to know how many people they are looking to hire for each district (NYC, SUFFOLK,ETC...) and what rank numbers they are up to or just have to keep fingers crossed and hope your called?

Comment

• Originally posted by ceecee View Post
                  good then i will get my 30 years in with my current job no problem, then its on to pension#2
                  What is your current job? Is it a public service position with a local governmental entity within New York State?? You can't collect a pension from the NYS or NYC retirement system; then go to work for another local or state governmental agency within NYS. Your pension would then be suspended upon taking the second job. If you were employed by the federal government; then it would be a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                    So the question is are people actively being processed right now? Isn't there an academy already in?
                    Yes, people are still currently in process/being processed and yes, there is an upstate academy currently in session.

Originally posted by Positive Thinker View Post
                    Is there any way to know how many people they are looking to hire for each district (NYC, SUFFOLK,ETC...) and what rank numbers they are up to or just have to keep fingers crossed and hope your called?
                    There is no way to know how much people they are looking to hire in general yet along per district. Idk what rank they went up to but you can always check the recruitment website and see what scores they canvassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                      Do we choose which JD we are willing to work for in a few months? or is that come after the canvass letter?
                      When you're canvassed you get to select which JD's you're willing to work at. If I'm not mistaken though, I remember some people saying they selected JD preferences on the actual test day in 2014.

Comment

+1. I think a few pages back someone said they were on the wait list for the upstate Academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                          When you're canvassed you get to select which JD's you're willing to work at. If I'm not mistaken though, I remember some people saying they selected JD preferences on the actual test day in 2014.
                          In the email it says this though, "In the future, you will receive an e-mail providing you with instructions on how to select locations where you will be willing to accept an appointment to this position." So, wouldnt that mean before the canvass letters?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                            In the email it says this though, "In the future, you will receive an e-mail providing you with instructions on how to select locations where you will be willing to accept an appointment to this position." So, wouldnt that mean before the canvass letters?
                            You all assume the process for the new exam will be the same as the old, I beg to differ. I believe there will be changes to the process including the Physical Ability Exam. Providing answers for the new exam based on past experience is unwise and those of you seeking information should take it with a grain of salt. At this point, no one knows what the new process is or will be.

Comment

You all assume the process for the new exam will be the same as the old, I beg to differ. I believe there will be changes to the process including the Physical Ability Exam. Providing answers for the new exam based on past experience is unwise and those of you seeking information should take it with a grain of salt. At this point, no one knows what the new process is or will be.
                              I agree with you 100%. At the end of the day all the info I can provide is what I've gathered through my own experience with my process. The next guy on the list could've done things in a completely different order then me or anyone else. The best tool for everyone who is seeking information is the recruitment website; there you will find everything you need from, test scores to canvassing info, detail outline of every step and the requirements that are asked of you to be successful with the hiring process if and when you get your turn. As Protector343 said, the process seems like it may change for this new list.

Comment

• There is talk about adding push-ups to the new PAT. Just a rumour though .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10269 users online. 498 members and 9771 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X