Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    This is not a civil service job therefore they don't use the one in three rule .
    Then why the exam?

    Comment


    • How long did the last nys court officer hiring freeze last for?

      Comment


      • I would like to know if HR-218 applies to NYS Court Officers.

        Comment


        • Did well on the test. Considering going back to NYC if I am able to get on board with you guys. Is morale good there?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gee_man View Post
            I would like to know if HR-218 applies to NYS Court Officers.
            Of course it does!

            Comment


            • New York State Court Officers are covered by HR 218 (LEOSA). The Office of Court Administration operates under the Rules of the Chief Judge which mirror Civil Service rules. Only when it suits their purposes will OCA cite Civil Service rules. Hate to say this but a CJ degree is truly of little value. Will not affect 1 in 3 selections, no degree will. Selection then is based on you and the political winds of the time. For your future planning, a degree in field removed from LE will better suit you.

              Comment


              • If there was such a thing as a degree in political correctness you would be golden
                RETIRED 9-16-10

                Comment


                • Scored a 97 on 2014 exam. Ranked 42x.

                  Currently a CO for NYSDOCCS.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                    If there was such a thing as a degree in political correctness you would be golden
                    Political correctness is certainly not the sole domain of the courts....

                    Comment


                    • I have already posted my rank and grade form the 2014 exam, I got a 86.5 rank of 13k.

                      If i were to leave NYS for some period of time (before being canvased etc) would I still be eligible? I only ask this because I was tentatively selected to become of CBP officer out of NY. I have been going through the process of that during this past last year. If i would not be eligible anymore for it I would not want to take the job with customs. What I'm trying to figure out is what if I went down there, trained, taken the job with customs, then was called for canvassing would I still be able to? If so could I just update my address to my parents home (in NY) and work out of state? I'm kind of rambling but I have a lot of my plate in life and have had to make some very large life decisions so I apologies if this sounds like a jumble of words

                      Long story short, can I be out of state and still be called if i have a NY address on file?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pdaoaudio View Post
                        I have already posted my rank and grade form the 2014 exam, I got a 86.5 rank of 13k.

                        If i were to leave NYS for some period of time (before being canvased etc) would I still be eligible? I only ask this because I was tentatively selected to become of CBP officer out of NY. I have been going through the process of that during this past last year. If i would not be eligible anymore for it I would not want to take the job with customs. What I'm trying to figure out is what if I went down there, trained, taken the job with customs, then was called for canvassing would I still be able to? If so could I just update my address to my parents home (in NY) and work out of state? I'm kind of rambling but I have a lot of my plate in life and have had to make some very large life decisions so I apologies if this sounds like a jumble of words

                        Long story short, can I be out of state and still be called if i have a NY address on file?
                        I'm prior CBP and now local LE in upstate NY. I was in a similar situation. Whats your email address? I'll give you some information without clogging this thread.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                          I'm prior CBP and now local LE in upstate NY. I was in a similar situation. Whats your email address? I'll give you some information without clogging this thread.


                          PM your way sir, thank you very much!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pdaoaudio View Post
                            PM your way sir, thank you very much!
                            no prob. just sent you an email and PM

                            Comment


                            • Do we choose which JD we are willing to work for in a few months? or is that come after the canvass letter?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BigMerf87 View Post
                                Scored a 97 on 2014 exam. Ranked 42x.

                                Currently a CO for NYSDOCCS.

                                If you get hired by OCA as a court officer--you are no longer eligible for the 25 year out at any age retirement. I assume you are in Tier 4 ERS. You'd have to work 30 years (your state correction time would be included in this total) and attain age 55 to retire without any penalty reduction.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10177 users online. 502 members and 9675 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X