X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
    Last week. I'm on OJT now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations!! I hope I can say the same one day as a NYS Court Officer.

Comment

• Thanks. Yea it's awesome, good bunch of guys I've been working with/being trained by and I'm learning a lot. Lol the inmates waste no time testing new officers.

Comment

Thanks. Yea it's awesome, good bunch of guys I've been working with/being trained by and I'm learning a lot. Lol the inmates waste no time testing new officers.

Lol i bet they do. Hope to join you soon

Comment

• Yea for sure. Keep me posted if u get called.

Comment

Yea for sure. Keep me posted if u get called.

Will do

Comment

Yea for sure. Keep me posted if u get called.

Hey. Wanted to ask you something but didn't wanna clog the thread. If you can/want, email me.

It's my user [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

• So, I would be able to check off ALL jurisdictions if I wanted to this way I can increase my chances? Or is there a limit on how many you can choose? if there is a limit, how do I find the lowest scoring Jurisdictions so I know to choose those?

Comment

• Yes u should be able to.

Comment

• Hi. I would like to know how long have you been on NYSCO and how is morale in your department?

Comment

• I may sound like a broken record, but if your goal is to become a court officer, there are a few simple rules to follow. First off, have patience. Everything will seem to take forever and then all of a sudden, it will go incredibly quick. If you want the job bad enough, you will take the necessary steps to get into the academy. People can speculate all they want, but when it comes down to it, there are a ton of factors that determine when, how and how fast you reach the academy. If you think you scored poorly on the exam, keep your head up. I scored very well on the exam and it still took me 4 years to reach the academy. There are people in my JD who scored better than me and still got onto the job after I had. People reach availability for the academy at different times.

The process will roll along as it will; it's up to you to handle your end. This includes getting/staying in shape, staying out of trouble and making sure your doing your best on all aspects of the hiring process. As many forum members have stated, there are a bunch of reasons people get disqualified. So, just because you scored well or poorly, doesn't mean a whole lot other than how fast the hiring process will begin for you. People fail the medical exam, the physical ability test, the background investigation and so on. Anybody who has made it through the academy has dealt with plenty of hurdles. They all have their own personal struggles that they've had to deal with while trying to get this job. If you have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them as well as I can.

Comment

• Does anybody think that having a degree in Criminal Justice will help in the hiring process or do you think that a degree has no relevance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassera View Post
                          Does anybody think that having a degree in Criminal Justice will help in the hiring process or do you think that a degree has no relevance?
                          It has no relevance whatsoever .

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassera View Post
                            Does anybody think that having a degree in Criminal Justice will help in the hiring process or do you think that a degree has no relevance?
                            Unless they use the One in Three Rule, no having a degree in C.J. doesn't mean much as this is civil service and as long as you meet the requirements you are entitled to a fair chance at the position. As far as being promoted on the job, if politics don't play a role it might help but still. Wouldn't count on it taking you places rather making you a better LEO.
                            OTJ

**** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

Comment

• This is not a civil service job therefore they don't use the one in three rule .

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                                This is not a civil service job therefore they don't use the one in three rule .
                                Yes and no. 1 in 3 applies mostly to promotions with exceptions. Those trying to get on this job shouldn't concern themselves with it. The entire process is outlined on the website so read up on it. The process moves slow... Plenty of time to get into shape if you start now. Having a degree in CJ won't do anything for you.
                                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8729 users online. 377 members and 8352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X