300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Court Officers

For everyone who passed the test congrats!! BUT this is only the beginning. You folks have to be realistic and honest with yourselves. Go to the recruitment website and read about the entire application process, look at what's required of you. I saw and have heard of tons of people who get turned away from the very first step(pre screening medical) because they were overweight or didn't meet the vision requirements. So with that being said if you do have weight issues start working on them NOW!! Doesn't matter what kind of overweight you are either, it could be the guy who's ripped in top top shape but you're overweight or it could be the complete opposite. Also, most of you will have a long wait, take the time out to read this entire thread from page 1. Not only will you find most of your questions answered already; this thread was truly entertaining to read, it was like reading a good book that I really enjoyed. Finally, i'm glad I didn't find out about this forum until I was more then halfway done with my process. It allowed me to take the test get my scores and live my life. I was shocked and completely forgot about NYS Court Officer when I got canvassed. Do not, do not, do not let this thread consume you, go about your life's forget about this and let yourself be surprised. Check the recruitment website every 4-6 months see if any canvassing updates have occurred and if your score has been reached or not. Well that's my 2 cents again good luck to all and wish you all the best. The link provided is for the candidate screening process -FYI.

https://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml
    Last edited by Ish3000; 09-18-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• One of my buddy asked me do they have a lottery for this test and how does the lottery work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How strict are they in their height in weight recruitment? I'm 5:11 and 220. I carry a little extra but I also lift and am in decent shape.I'm probably going to be one of the first called, so gotta see if I need to drop weight quick
        Last edited by JFD516; 09-18-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Ish3000 is so right, i got a canvas letter long after i had forgotten about this exam. Got married, got overweight then bam, got the canvass letter during my honeymoon, something like 4-5 years later.

Some of you guys with the highest scores and best b/i's might get contacted and finished processing sooner, time will tell.

Best of luck to all.
          Last edited by HopeFloats; 09-18-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFD516 View Post
            How strict are they in their height in weight recruitment? I'm 5:11 and 220. I carry a little extra but I also lift and am in decent shape?
            People here say they're strict. But I know an officer who was over the weight, but built. The dept doc ok'd him

Comment

How strict are they in their height in weight recruitment? I'm 5:11 and 220. I carry a little extra but I also lift and am in decent shape? I'm probably going to be one of the first called so gotta see if I need to drop weight quick
              Don't take any chances... Lose weight asap.

Comment

• Hey everyone, just got my results from exam 45-784 with a score of 95.5 Rank 14XX, and I'm very satisfied with that score. I saw a couple of other people here with the same score but a lower rank, I guess my SS# wasn't tiebreaker friendly. I'm in the hiring process for Suffolk County for the list from the last exam also, passed 7 of the 8 physical ability tests but have to retake the step test because they said my heart-rate was 8 beats too high. I take that retest next Thursday. Also just got canvassed by Nassau County for the Court Assistant job. Alot of things happening. Been on this forum since 2009, it's been a long wait. Good luck to all you guys/gals!
                Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 09-19-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

How strict are they in their height in weight recruitment? I'm 5:11 and 220. I carry a little extra but I also lift and am in decent shape? I'm probably going to be one of the first called so gotta see if I need to drop weight quick
                  JFD516, my first weigh in I was 206 and needed to be re-weighed 6 weeks later ... had to get down to 198. So, do your best now to try to lose some weight and good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                    People here say they're strict. But I know an officer who was over the weight, but built. The dept doc ok'd him

I look at it this way, if I'm going to pay for this test and really want this job after I pass the test. I'm going to control my own destiny. If I know abc are my requirements I'm going to be abc not xyz. You can go in there overweight and pray and hope you catch a break or you can go in with what's expected and be confident you don't need a break. Also same thing with everything else in this process especially the background. If any of you have a background question you feel is worthy enough to ask here, then be smart ask your investigator that question, disclose anything you feel could be an issue if discovered. If you don't, you'll regret it.

Comment

• I didn't say to not try and lose the weight. Obviously do your best to cut weight. It'll help your health and, if you get in, your time in the academy. I lost 120lbs in 2 years. It's possible

Comment

• Anyone know if connections will help you get called quicker? like knowing someone in the courts, or it has no impact?

Comment

• I'd imagine that it probably doesn't effect the time of you getting canvassed... They have to get through the list in order... Maybe once you've started the process a connection could help you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                            I'd imagine that it probably doesn't effect the time of you getting canvassed... They have to get through the list in order... Maybe once you've started the process a connection could help you out.

Hey. You graduate today?

Comment

• Last week. I'm on OJT now.

Comment

• NYS Court Officers

Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
                                Last week. I'm on OJT now.

Oh nice. Congrats. Enjoying it?

Can't PM you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9769 users online. 466 members and 9303 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X