Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the physical exam as hard as everyone says? Is it known that majority fail it?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelnick82 View Post
      I got a 94 ranked 16xx. It's a tough decision for me to take this job. I already have 10 years with NYS corrections and my base pay is 63,000. With OT last year I brought in 78k, and this year I'm already on pace to make more. Is there anyone out here in a position similar to mine that would know whether or not it is beneficial to switch departments?
      I am a state CO also with 2 years on the job. in 15 years more u could retire. Court officer is 30/55 so you are way better off staying with NYSDOCCS. Your base currently is $63k not incluiding pre shift expanded duty paid location paid. i think u making more, stayz

Comment

• Hey guys! Just got my score...

88..ranked in the 11,400s

what does this score mean for me? 11,000 seems like a bad list number...but some posts on here suggest anything under 15,000 Is hirable?

Can anyone clarify this?

Comment

• I think we wil get a better picture of what a good score is when we choose our JD.

Comment

• Can we choose more than one JD? I have no problem relocating if that helps me land the Job. After checking the website stats, it looks like they canvased lower scores in Western and Northern NY than they did near the city. I'm guessing they have a much smaller pool of people to choose from in those areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
              Tie breaker might be how soon you signed up for the exam.

Nonsense
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                Nonsense
                Then please. Enlighten us

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                  Then please. Enlighten us

It goes by your social security number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalemp View Post
                    So what part of my social 027-54-9875 do they go by?

just kidding...

Comment

• Social seems like an awful tiebreaker. Its an arbitrary number assigned at birth. Has nothing to do with the exam

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                        Is the physical exam as hard as everyone says? Is it known that majority fail it?
                        I've heard the same thing. I'm in decent shape even though I carry an extra 30lbs. I do CrossFit often and run 2-3 days a week. I used to be able to bang out the copper standards but not right now. Hoping it be able to do them by December. What I wonder is if you can do the copper standards or right near them, will this physical be easy? Right now I run a sub 1339?minuet mile and half. 24 push ups and 32 sit ups and 1 pull up

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalemp View Post
                          There you go . Someone that posts correct information.

Whenever two or more candidates in an examination receive the same final examination ratings, their respective place on the resulting eligible list shall be determined for administrative reasons only by a sequence of the number derived from the last five and then the first four positions of their social security numbers.

Comment

• Wish more exams would memick what FDNY did with their last exam. Once the list was established the commissioner released a statement telling candidates how far they would likely (estimated) go down on the list....it made life alot easier not having to wonder if you have a shot or not.

Been waiting for so long to get my results and im STILL not sure what my results even mean.

88 at rank 11,400..someone please fill me in if this is hirable..its eating me up!

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelnick82 View Post
                              I got a 94 ranked 16xx. It's a tough decision for me to take this job. I already have 10 years with NYS corrections and my base pay is 63,000. With OT last year I brought in 78k, and this year I'm already on pace to make more. Is there anyone out here in a position similar to mine that would know whether or not it is beneficial to switch departments?
                              I had 8 years on with DOCS when I took this job in Nov. of 2014. I had the same reservations as you. No more overtime, and no more swaps(oh glorious swaps). Since I've been on with courts I can absolutely, 100% say, I would go kicking and screaming if you tried to take me back to DOCS. It was such a miserable life draining job and you will never realize it until you get out. If you get the call you have nothing to lose by coming over. You will keep your current salary and retirement/tier and if you don't like it you have a year to go back to DOCS without having to go through the hiring process again.

Yes working 5 days a week took a little getting used to but every weekend home and a short 7 hour day makes for a more normal life. No more afternoons or midnights! Yeah, you have to work 5 extra years with courts but in the long run you'll probably live an extra ten because you have no stress.
                              Last edited by g60gti; 09-17-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• tie breaker is broken by the last 4 digits of social security number I believe. Someone said that on here before for another exam but that just might be universal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7756 users online. 394 members and 7362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X