Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC Academy is bigger in class size then cohoes.. your chances of getting on in the city are far greater than anywhere else in NY. The 9th, NYC, nassau and suffolk have the most court officers working than the rest of the state combined.

Comment

Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
      NYC Academy is bigger in class size then cohoes.. your chances of getting on in the city are far greater than anywhere else in NY. The 9th, NYC, nassau and suffolk have the most court officers working than the rest of the state combined.
      Not necessarily true. Upstate is hurting for people.

Comment

So is downstate, talking with guys working on the island and in the city are all saying they are shorthanded. A friend of mine works for NYPD and has been working counter terror in Manahattan surpreme court side by side with court officers because they are shorthanded. I guess its everywhere, my point was there has been classes in the city with over 100 recruits and they average 70-90 recruits compare to cohoes. I did pick the 6th as my first choice then the 8th as my second and NYC as my 3rd. Well Im waiting for the city because thats where i was cleared for appoinment. Would of took the others in a heartbeat just to get off the island.

Fuerza what was your class size and how do you like the job. Its been a year if I remember correctly.

Comment

correction officer questions

[QUOTE=bluflu379;2177863]So is downstate, talking with guys working on the island and in the city are all saying they are shorthanded. A friend of mine works for NYPD and has been working counter terror in Manahattan surpreme court side by side with court officers because they are shorthanded. I guess its everywhere, my point was there has been classes in the city with over 100 recruits and they average 70-90 recruits compare to cohoes. I did pick the 6th as my first choice then the 8th as my second and NYC as my 3rd. Well Im waiting for the city because thats where i was cleared for appoinment. Would of took the others in a heartbeat just to get off the island.

Bluflu, are you a NYC correction officer? If so, can you help me out, I have few questions regarding working in correction

Comment

I'm still waiting for NYS Courts to call me from the 2005 exam I took

Comment

LAWSON09 Im not a NYC correction officer I did a year with Bureau of Prisons but I think there are a few guys on this chat that are.

PAPD 8-2 Im still waiting and found out that I am still around 120 on the academy list waiting for appoinment to the city class. Been completed with the process since June of 08'. Heard nothing is planned for the spring for another class but you never know. Found out that even though you completed the process before others that have a higher rank than you and when they finally finish no matter if its 6 months after you they go ahead of you on the certification list for the academy. When I explain this to other not knowing how it works they say its not fair.. Whats everyones opinion on that? People tell me that the rank number on the test should only be for starting the process once you are called to start its up to you to finish in a timely manner and if someone lower on the rank list finishes before the person higher than them for whatever reason then so be it. Im up in the air with it.
              Last edited by bluflu379; 02-24-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

just so you all know you get a cost of living increase to work downstate but its only about 3k....
                "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

Your right and I think its $3697. I was willing to go upstate but NYC was calling. LOL!!! Either way im just going to have to wait.

Comment

Yeah, and you have no idea how many years of fighting it took us just to get THAT lol OCA fought tooth and nail not to give it up, and when we finally got it-guess what- those hacks helped themselves to it as well.
                    Originally posted by darkhelmet View Post
                    just so you all know you get a cost of living increase to work downstate but its only about 3k....
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

i work upstate & will tell you we need officers, we're expecting a number of officers to retire in the next year or two. I'm in the 6th.
                      I'm just wondering how Gov. Patersons announcement stating that there will be no new State Police Academys in 2010 - 11 will affect our Court Officer Academys?? we are real thin in some areas up here.

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                        whats??? but its been 4 years already! is it not too late already? or do you still have any chances of being call?
                        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                          whats??? but its been 4 years already! is it not too late already? or do you still have any chances of being call?
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

He's being facetious lol

Comment

Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
                              So is downstate, talking with guys working on the island and in the city are all saying they are shorthanded. A friend of mine works for NYPD and has been working counter terror in Manahattan surpreme court side by side with court officers because they are shorthanded. I guess its everywhere, my point was there has been classes in the city with over 100 recruits and they average 70-90 recruits compare to cohoes. I did pick the 6th as my first choice then the 8th as my second and NYC as my 3rd. Well Im waiting for the city because thats where i was cleared for appoinment. Would of took the others in a heartbeat just to get off the island.

Fuerza what was your class size and how do you like the job. Its been a year if I remember correctly.
                              Yep. This week makes one year out of the academy. My class started with 37 and finished with 35...not too bad overall. The job itself is pretty cool. We don't get a lot of arrests in my courthouse, mostly because we are attached to the local police station and it's a small city, but we do get some (mostly illegal knives and marijuana at the magnetometers). Day to day stuff can be pretty routine but there's also a fair share of excitement. Last week we had to take someone into custody for a mental evaluation who absolutely did not want to go. He couldn't have been more than 120 lbs. but it took 5 of us to take him down and hook him up. There's also the occasional remand/bail revocation of someone who had no idea that they were going to jail that day. Those are always fun...

Comment

Bluflu.......I haven't heard of any NYPD officers actually working in 100 Centre Street or 111, other than the cops assigned to the Court Section (arraignments, etc.) They are short, but nobody is calling the cops that I know of.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7510 users online. 382 members and 7128 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X