Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a 94 ranked 16xx. It's a tough decision for me to take this job. I already have 10 years with NYS corrections and my base pay is 63,000. With OT last year I brought in 78k, and this year I'm already on pace to make more. Is there anyone out here in a position similar to mine that would know whether or not it is beneficial to switch departments?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelnick82 View Post
      I got a 94 ranked 16xx. It's a tough decision for me to take this job. I already have 10 years with NYS corrections and my base pay is 63,000. With OT last year I brought in 78k, and this year I'm already on pace to make more. Is there anyone out here in a position similar to mine that would know whether or not it is beneficial to switch departments?
      I'll take your spot. I'm trying to get into NYSDOCCS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dhoops872 View Post
        Took the December exam ...still waiting for results. Anyone from the December exam get results yet ??

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Got my score this morning at 8:40am. 95.5, list #10XX...I hope this is a good sign...I have been waiting on a good score from an agency for a while now.....
        NYPDExam#: 0140- 03/10
        Score: 9x.xxx%
        List #: 4xx
        All submitted just waiting.

NYSPExam
        Score: 9x.xxx
        List #: 2x,xxx

NYS Court Officers 45-784
        Score: 95.X
        List #: 10XX

'X' for anonymity

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

Comment

• 91 5k range gonna keep my fingers crossed for NYC

Comment

• dude thats great....I got a 95.5...just like boredlimodriver ....wonder what was the tiebreaker for list number.

NYSPExam

'X' for anonymity

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

Comment

• Originally posted by JFD516 View Post
              Scored a 97 and rank is mid 400s. Is that a high enough grade to be one of the first called? I'm in the Long Island/NYC area.
              dude thats great....I got a 95.5...just like boredlimodriver ....wonder what was the tiebreaker for list number.

NYSPExam

'X' for anonymity

Comment

• They posted results of people passing by last name on the court officer website. A cursory glance shows people with the lowest passing score of 70 with a list number in the 40,000s

Just imagine how many took the exam since it is listing passing scores only.

Comment

• Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post
                  I have a quick question on some clarification how does the pay work? Do you start at 39k and after 2 years you move to 68k?
                  How did you come up with 68k ? That's not even in the ballpark . You will be at 49777 without differentials or uniform allowance after 2 years .
                  Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 09-17-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• I got a 91 my rank is 5xxx. What should my expectations be. Will i likely be called and what is the ballpark estimate of how long the process be?

Comment

• 86.5. Rank 13279 .... I'm very disappointed in my score. This has been such a big dream for me to get into this. My last few civil service exams went well 95s. I feel like this was easier than both as well. Oh well .....

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                        How did you come up with 68k ? That's not even in the ballpark . You will be at 49777 without differentials or uniform allowance after 2 years .
                        Yeah it's ~45k to start with an annual increment of ~2300. Your base goes to 49,777 after 2 years and another ~2500 a year for 7 years. This isn't factoring in location or uni pay. Overtime is sparse and not something I would rely on. Its a good job but you should know all of this going into it. If you expect to hit max pay soon or rely on OT to help early on your wallet will be hurting.

Comment

• Be happy lol the test looked easy idk how. But idc i took 4 city test so it's fine with me.

Examination: 45-784 New York State Court Officer-Trainee
                          Eligible List Establishment: September 17, 2015
                          Exam Result: 73 PASSED WRITTEN EXAMINATION
                          Veteran Credits: 0

Final Result: 73

Comment

• Does anyone know if they eventually release the test questions and answers? Curious to see where I went wrong.

Comment

• How does this whole process work? Wait 10 years before you hear something?
                              "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Originally posted by pdaoaudio View Post
                                86.5. Rank 13279 .... I'm very disappointed in my score. This has been such a big dream for me to get into this. My last few civil service exams went well 95s. I feel like this was easier than both as well. Oh well .....
                                Dude don't get too down it also depends on which jd you apply for also. Remember it's statewide. If I have followed correctly you could still be in the hunt plus a lot of people will not go when they are called and also people who fail physical and b I investigation too. Guys am I right or am I selling false hope??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9886 users online. 475 members and 9411 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X