Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I finished everything and was called Friday at 3pm to tell me I was the first alternate for the district I was assigned if someone didn't show up Tuesday. I had to be ready first thing in the morning with all the required equipment, and drive up to the academy if I got the call. Obviously I did not get the call, but I am a candidate who successfully completed all phases of the processing and am now left puzzled as to what my status is.
    Last edited by SSOLI; 09-09-2015, 02:30 PM. Reason: Spelling change

Comment

• Originally posted by SSOLI View Post
      Well I finished everything and was called Friday at 3pm to tell me I was the first alternate for the district I was assigned if someone didn't show up Tuesday. I had to be ready first thing in the morning with all the required equipment, and drive up to the academy if I got the call. Obviously I did not get the call, but I am a candidate who successfully completed all fazes of the processing and am now left puzzled as to what my status is.
      In my class we had 2-3 back fills that came in because people washed out early on. The window for this is very small though so you may get a call in the next day or so but if not odds are you won't be going in to this class.

Comment

• Also if any recruits can PM me with head count and how many are coming down state it would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Thank you and I don't expect to be called in the next two days. I was wondering if it's possible for me to be placed in the January academy since I have finished all the processing and was the first alternate in my district for the current academy.

Originally posted by wtfisakwyjibo View Post
          In my class we had 2-3 back fills that came in because people washed out early on. The window for this is very small though so you may get a call in the next day or so but if not odds are you won't be going in to this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSOLI View Post
            Thank you and I don't expect to be called in the next two days. I was wondering if it's possible for me to be placed in the January academy since I have finished all the processing and was the first alternate in my district for the current academy.
            It's very difficult to answer your question, I know there's people who've posted on here years ago and the trend continued all the way up to this last academy, who were offered to go upstate and were NYC and vice versa. Then you have some applicants who are told by their investigators they aren't eligible. So it depends who you speak to, At the end of the day all one can do is wait and see what happens when the time comes.

Comment

• Yes I suppose you are right. I guess only time will tell. Thank you.

Comment

• SSOLI, keep waiting for that call. Most wash outs happen in week 1.

Comment

• What some people fail to realize is that even if you are currently next to go into a class, that could easily change because there are so many variables. For instance, if someone with a better list number than you has not cleared as of yet, you would be hired before them if at that moment in time you were completely cleared and they were not. However, as time passes, additional people will clear and those with better list numbers than you will now be hired before you. Of course, it also depends on which districts you elected to work etc... My point? There are so many variables that most of the questions being asked are not easily answered...

Comment

• Well I have been following this thread for over a year now (before the last exam) and let me tell you I am super excited to finally get some results for the 2014 exam! With that being said I am having a few concerns and worrying quite a bit.

In some previous postings I had noticed some people talking about "blemishes" on their records. What exactly would be putting me at risk to not be considered? I mean I havent exactly had any big issues with the law but I am looking to see what would DQ me from being considered. I have never been arrested or convicted on any charges. I currently hold my NYS full carry permit. The only two things I have had happen was I filed an order of protection against my stepfather (to be honest I should have pressed charges). I was the one who filed and was the victim in all that about 5 years ago. The other thing is I had a call against me from my girlfriend. Long story short she was mad at me and threatened to call the police and say i threatened her (none of which was true and was pressured by a third party) Please don't get the wrong impression of me, nothing happened, no violence of any sort, now arrests or convictions but it still worries me.

Any light on this would do me wonders as Ive been a nervous wreck over it and still cant believe she would say something like that just to hurt me and get me in trouble

I have been in the process of working for US customs as a CBP officer and so far I am still in the process of that, but the courts is where I want to be.

Comment

• On a side note is there anyone here in the 8th district? Seems to me a god portion of you guys and gals are all NYC and east of me upstate. I am from Niagara Falls and looking to see if there is anyone on here looking to be a part of the Niagara Falls, buffalo, lockport area for Niagara/Erie County.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdaoaudio View Post
                        Well I have been following this thread for over a year now (before the last exam) and let me tell you I am super excited to finally get some results for the 2014 exam! With that being said I am having a few concerns and worrying quite a bit.

In some previous postings I had noticed some people talking about "blemishes" on their records. What exactly would be putting me at risk to not be considered? I mean I havent exactly had any big issues with the law but I am looking to see what would DQ me from being considered. I have never been arrested or convicted on any charges. I currently hold my NYS full carry permit. The only two things I have had happen was I filed an order of protection against my stepfather (to be honest I should have pressed charges). I was the one who filed and was the victim in all that about 5 years ago. The other thing is I had a call against me from my girlfriend. Long story short she was mad at me and threatened to call the police and say i threatened her (none of which was true and was pressured by a third party) Please don't get the wrong impression of me, nothing happened, no violence of any sort, now arrests or convictions but it still worries me.

Any light on this would do me wonders as Ive been a nervous wreck over it and still cant believe she would say something like that just to hurt me and get me in trouble

I have been in the process of working for US customs as a CBP officer and so far I am still in the process of that, but the courts is where I want to be.

The blemishes that they were speaking of was because they were trying to push one last class, and they didn't have the time to sit there and further investigate them, time was the issue
                        currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

On a side note is there anyone here in the 8th district? Seems to me a god portion of you guys and gals are all NYC and east of me upstate. I am from Niagara Falls and looking to see if there is anyone on here looking to be a part of the Niagara Falls, buffalo, lockport area for Niagara/Erie County.
                          I sent you a PM.

Comment

On a side note is there anyone here in the 8th district? Seems to me a god portion of you guys and gals are all NYC and east of me upstate. I am from Niagara Falls and looking to see if there is anyone on here looking to be a part of the Niagara Falls, buffalo, lockport area for Niagara/Erie County.
                            I am also in the 8th district and if all goes well would like to be a part of it. Reading this thread, I rarely hear this area mentioned, I wonder if there will even be hiring in this area.

Comment

• Originally posted by faith111 View Post
                              I am also in the 8th district and if all goes well would like to be a part of it. Reading this thread, I rarely hear this area mentioned, I wonder if there will even be hiring in this area.
                              They are, I went thru about 2 years ago, we were followed by a large 8th class and the class in right now has a large group from the 8th

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by General1015 View Post
                                They are, I went thru about 2 years ago, we were followed by a large 8th class and the class in right now has a large group from the 8th

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                                Thank you for that info! If you don't mind me asking, what county are you in?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11776 users online. 417 members and 11359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X