300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CountyCorrectionOfficer-

My brother is a UCSO Deputy, I took the job with the courts and got stuck in jd6 (Binghamton) for almost two years now. Hopefully when the next class graduates I'll be able to get my transfer and deploy to either jd3 (Kingston) or jd9 (pk). Do you know what judicial district your fellow correction officer got hired for?
    Last edited by JudicialFuzz7602; 09-07-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudicialFuzz7602 View Post
      CountyCorrectionOfficer-

My brother is a UCSO Deputy, I took the job with the courts and got stuck in jd6 (Binghamton) for almost two years now. Hopefully when the next class graduates I'll be able to get my transfer and deploy to either jd3 (Kingston) or jd9 (pk). Do you know what judicial district your fellow correction officer got hired for?

Her last day of work at UCJ was last Thursday; her husband works at the jail also on days. I'll ask him and get back to you by PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Her last day of work at UCJ was last Thursday; her husband works at the jail also on days. I'll ask him and get back to you by PM.
        Thank you, good luck to her and the rest of her class!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
          Tier 6 sucks. I can guarantee it is still better than what will be offered with Tier 7, tier 8 and tier 9.
          All the more reason to get into deferred compensation as soon as possible. Invest whatever you can afford wisely. You'd be surprised at how fast even the smallest amount of money adds up.
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• If I come over from NYPD tier-3, retirement wouldn't be at 30 years? With my city time on the back-end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
              If I come over from NYPD tier-3, retirement wouldn't be at 30 years? With my city time on the back-end?
              Yes, all of your city public service credited years is transferable over to the NYSERS. Did you have any prior public service within New York State but outside NYC?? Were you previously enrolled in the state retirement system?? Don't know what Tier you will be placed in but if you're in NYSERS TIER 6--you can't collect a pension until age 63 and you must make a 4% salary contribution for the duration of your public employment. You can call the NYS Retirement system @ (518) 474-7736, write to them @ NYS local Retirement System, Albany NY 12244-0001, or e-mail them thru their website if you have any questions regarding credited service transfer and what ERS tier you will be placed in.
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 09-08-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten a confirmation about a NYC academy in oct?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyscourt1986 View Post
                  Has anyone gotten a confirmation about a NYC academy in oct?
                  Its not happening in Oct. Most likely January '16

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                    and how would you know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                      so more then most likely that class will be candidates from the new list ?

Comment

most likely I don't think so. look how long it took us. even if you did a class in January there is no way for candidates to get there scores in oct and go through the whole process in 3 months

Comment

It's my understanding that once the test scores come out for the new test, the old exam is dead.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rocky01977 View Post
                            most likely I don't think so. look how long it took us. even if you did a class in January there is no way for candidates to get there scores in oct and go through the whole process in 3 months
                            That's exactiy right . They cannot qualify candidates in 3 months the January class if they have one will be from the old list . In 2012 they had a class that went in from the 2005 exam .

Comment

• Does anyone know if an alternate for the September 8 academy wasn't called can they still be called for the NYC academy in January?

Comment

• Originally posted by SSOLI View Post
                                Does anyone know if an alternate for the September 8 academy wasn't called can they still be called for the NYC academy in January?
                                Anything is possible!! lol What Ive read and my experience I believe they send you were you selected. I selected downstate only. I asked my BI if I can qualify for the upstate academy and told me I didn't. At this point anything can happen. They can have a academy in oct or jan. The BI don't really tell us much. Im just trying to stay positive and stay in shape. I haven't received a dq letter and haven't been told anything negative by my BI. Im at least just waiting to get a call for my oral!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8212 users online. 415 members and 7797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X