Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court officers are hired at 14 and receive 18 after completing the 2 year period.

Comment

• hi all. i also just got a letter yesterday saying ill be notified shortly for the pre medical exam. My question is , if anyone knows, with the hieght/wieght portion for the pre medical if you are like 7-10 pounds over the limit will you get a second chance at the full medical since they wiegh you again. i heard that sometimes if only miss by a few pounds in the pre medical that they will tell u to loose it by the full medical. is this true? i still have 18 more pounds to loose. i just hope i can do it by pre medical.
      thanks for any info anyone has and good luck to all.

Comment

• I'm only concerned with the vision test. I'm nearsighted and my visual acuity is pretty bad without my glasses or contacts, but I only know it based on both eyes as opposed to knowing which eye is better than the other. Does anyone know if there's any wiggle room with the 20/100 rule? My mother had a pretty bad outcome with cataract surgery so I don't think I'd want to get Lasik done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
          hi all. i also just got a letter yesterday saying ill be notified shortly for the pre medical exam. My question is , if anyone knows, with the hieght/wieght portion for the pre medical if you are like 7-10 pounds over the limit will you get a second chance at the full medical since they wiegh you again. i heard that sometimes if only miss by a few pounds in the pre medical that they will tell u to loose it by the full medical. is this true? i still have 18 more pounds to loose. i just hope i can do it by pre medical.
          thanks for any info anyone has and good luck to all.
          "Medical Re-Evaluation
          Re-evaluation Procedures
          A candidate who is medically disqualified for a condition which improves substantially after the administration of the initial Medical Examination may be re-evaluated by a physician designated by the New York State Unified Court System for a final determination. Some disqualifications on medical conditions such as drug dependency will not be re-evaluated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
            I do believe the salary grade for Court Officers is Line 18.
            Correct it's 18. I edited. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
              "Medical Re-Evaluation
              Re-evaluation Procedures
              A candidate who is medically disqualified for a condition which improves substantially after the administration of the initial Medical Examination may be re-evaluated by a physician designated by the New York State Unified Court System for a final determination. Some disqualifications on medical conditions such as drug dependency will not be re-evaluated."
              thanks for the info dbacksrock02

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
                I'm only concerned with the vision test. I'm nearsighted and my visual acuity is pretty bad without my glasses or contacts, but I only know it based on both eyes as opposed to knowing which eye is better than the other. Does anyone know if there's any wiggle room with the 20/100 rule? My mother had a pretty bad outcome with cataract surgery so I don't think I'd want to get Lasik done.
                I'd love some insight on this as well since I'm nearsighted and don't see all that great either without glasses/contacts. I'd hate to be DQ over this. So if anyone on here that went thru it can let us know, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

• I know you guys have A LOT of questions regarding the proces, So I will try to answer some of them. First I want to congratulate my fellow officers whom I graduated with on NOV 9th. I met some really great people and I'm proud as hell to have trained with all of you We have some HUGE shoes to fill and I wish you ALL good luck.

OK as far as vision is concerned you have to meet the standard. I had lasik done and was cleared. My vision test wasn't a traditional eye chart on a wall 20 feet away. I had to look through a machine that displayed charts.

As far as height/weight: You have to meet the standard. If you must weigh 189 pounds and the scale says 190 you fail. They will take preganancy into account but you will still have to make the weight.

Pay grade is line 14 on probation (2 years) then Line 18. PLUS Location pay.

My best advice is to get yourself in great shape and do the best you can to loose weight. As far as vision, squint if you have to! Stay away from the Table of Hate & "Special Friends" lol

I wish you all good luck!
                  Last edited by unblindeacon; 11-11-2010, 02:23 PM. Reason: spelling
                  http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                  NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Stay away from the table of hate and special friends? Are they topics taught in the acadmy today?

Comment

• Directed towards unblindeacon!

Would you also be able to provide any insight regarding the background investigation? Did they go so far as to contact friends, or old neighbors, etc? Was this process long for you?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• hey unblindeacon, what test did they use to test color defiency

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                          I know you guys have A LOT of questions regarding the proces, So I will try to answer some of them. First I want to congratulate my fellow officers whom I graduated with on NOV 9th. I met some really great people and I'm proud as hell to have trained with all of you We have some HUGE shoes to fill and I wish you ALL good luck.

OK as far as vision is concerned you have to meet the standard. I had lasik done and was cleared. My vision test wasn't a traditional eye chart on a wall 20 feet away. I had to look through a machine that displayed charts.

As far as height/weight: You have to meet the standard. If you must weigh 189 pounds and the scale says 190 you fail. They will take preganancy into account but you will still have to make the weight.

Pay grade is line 14 on probation (2 years) then Line 18. PLUS Location pay.

My best advice is to get yourself in great shape and do the best you can to loose weight. As far as vision, squint if you have to! Stay away from the Table of Hate & "Special Friends" lol

I wish you all good luck!
                          Thanks for the info unblindeacon. I wish there was some sort of practice eye exam I could do so that I would feel better about the situation, lol. I have to say that I would probably consider lasik if I could afford it. I might have to start looking into some options for that anyway. But obviously it's doubtful I could have the procedure done in time for this session which is a major bummer.

Comment

• Dinosaur...just good advice from a good officer...not an actual topic taught hahahaha, although table of hate was refrenced several times hahahaha. check your pm have a ques for you.

Civilservant: Very thorough including contacting neighbors, employers, friends...they know more about me than I do myslef....total time was about 4 to 5 months

TP3: It was a bunch of colored circles with different colored numbers inside them...Blue & Green, Orange & Red and something else

Britta: One guy in the class got lasik done 6 weeks before the academy started..take the eye test first see if u can pass & if not then explore other options ie. lasik
                            Last edited by unblindeacon; 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM.
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• In my command we had a hate forum. if you cannot take the heat from your fellow workers over coffee, how are you going to put up with the bullsh*t you will have to take from the general public? Special friends is a horse of a different color.

Comment

• Thank you unblindeacon!
                                btw....How was the academy? And was it 9-5 everyday?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12043 users online. 481 members and 11562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X