300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stunttree View Post
    Hello everyone, I have list number, 3,3XX I had selected NYC as well as Nassau/Suffolk during my test. I know that NYC has canvassed and reached list number 2,800 or so. Are they going to continue to process and canvass more individuals or is it a waiting game for awhile now? Basically how long do you guys think before they are going to canvass more people and if they are going to? I appreciate the help, thanks.
    Depends on how many viable candidates they can get from the 2800 rankings. That process alone takes up to 9 months. Also take into account the courts hiring needs for NYC. My estimate would be the fall of 2011 the earliest for NYC (2nd round of canvassing) and most likely earlier for other districts.

Comment

• Does that mean there is the possibility to be canvassed for nassau or suffolks first round of canvassing before the city starts there second round ?

Comment

• Originally posted by stunttree View Post
        Does that mean there is the possibility to be canvassed for nassau or suffolks first round of canvassing before the city starts there second round ?
        I would say it depends if those judicial districts are hiring. If the answer is yes, then I would assume so. I have also heard Nassau/Queens is harder to get into than Suffolk. Check previous NYS Court Officer posts and you will see what I'm talking about (page 13 may be helpful).

Comment

• Wow I guess in the same boat as a lot of you here, I scored a 93.4, ranked in the 14**,test 45-758; and received my NYC canvass letter couple of weeks ago.

Looks like I am asking the same questions as everyone else. But I am hearing so many conflicting things.

1- How many NYC ofiicers are they hiring, does anyone have a clue? If I am in the 14**'s will I ever be called?

2- looking at the weight chart, are they serious? I am 6'3 260 lbs, but built, ok maybe I can stand to lose 15 lbs, but to get to 222, I would be all bones.
          Will they really turn me away if I dont make weight?

I also received a canvass letter for NYS correction, but would really prefer NYS Court officer, but is it ever gonna happen?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Led71 View Post
            Wow I guess in the same boat as a lot of you here, I scored a 93.4, ranked in the 14**,test 45-758; and received my NYC canvass letter couple of weeks ago.

Looks like I am asking the same questions as everyone else. But I am hearing so many conflicting things.

1- How many NYC ofiicers are they hiring, does anyone have a clue? If I am in the 14**'s will I ever be called?

2- looking at the weight chart, are they serious? I am 6'3 260 lbs, but built, ok maybe I can stand to lose 15 lbs, but to get to 222, I would be all bones.
            Will they really turn me away if I dont make weight?

I also received a canvass letter for NYS correction, but would really prefer NYS Court officer, but is it ever gonna happen?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
            1-I don’t think anyone without current internal knowledge will know how many officers they will be hiring, it all depends on current need and that is always changing.

2-This agency is very strict when it comes to all requirements, especially the height/weight table. Those weights are the average weight of a large-framed individual at a certain height, plus 30%. People have been turned away for a few pounds over; I would suggest you start training now because the odds are you will be contacted to start the process in the near future.

Comment

• Hello Everyone. I got a 96 on the test with a rank of 2XX and was also canvassed for NYC. Reading this forum has been very helpful. I appreciate everyones input, Thanks. I have a question regarding the salary.

I noticed on the canvas letter it states a salary grade range of JG14 $34,199-47, 142 but on the test announcement and website it says that the starting salary will be $39,771 as of April 2010. Can anyone shed some light on the difference? Was there no increase in the hiring rate this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by pts1223 View Post
                Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I also recieved my canvass letter for the NYC area. My list # is 3xx and I'm wondering when the process will begin and when will the next academy begin. I'm waiting for the next NYPD class as well under the promotional exam.
                I also received the canvass letter. I scored 96.7 on the exam. I received another letter today, saying they will be contacting me shortly for medical prescreening

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                  I also received the canvass letter. I scored 96.7 on the exam. I received another letter today, saying they will be contacting me shortly for medical prescreening
                  Wow, how exciting! I only got a 91.7 so I'm assuming it will be quite some time before I get that kind of letter. Did they give any more info in the new letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
                    Wow, how exciting! I only got a 91.7 so I'm assuming it will be quite some time before I get that kind of letter. Did they give any more info in the new letter?
                    According to my wife (she read me the letter over the phone) that is all it said. I am just glad the process is starting. Maybe you will get contacted sooner than you think!

Comment

• I also received another letter today. It pretty much just says I accepted NYC as my location and no other locations would be contacting me. I will be contacted soon for a medical exam. I scored 95 rank 7xx.

Comment

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                        I also received another letter today. It pretty much just says I accepted NYC as my location and no other locations would be contacting me. I will be contacted soon for a medical exam. I scored 95 rank 7xx.
                        My guess would be that once a number of candidates accept NYC for canvassing and are further removed from other districts, then other judicial districts may canvass much higher than the 26xx ranking. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by KAYNYC View Post
                          Hello Everyone. I got a 96 on the test with a rank of 2XX and was also canvassed for NYC. Reading this forum has been very helpful. I appreciate everyones input, Thanks. I have a question regarding the salary.

I noticed on the canvas letter it states a salary grade range of JG14 $34,199-47, 142 but on the test announcement and website it says that the starting salary will be $39,771 as of April 2010. Can anyone shed some light on the difference? Was there no increase in the hiring rate this year?
                          $39,775 is what the salary schedule indicates. It should be a little more then that by the time your hired. After 2 yrs the grade is JG18.
                          Last edited by port1; 11-09-2010, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
                            No other districts have began the canvassing process yet. What districts did you indicate for your availability?
                            Hey dbacksrock02, sorry about the delay. I put in for Districts 5, 6, and 7.

Comment

• I do believe the salary grade for Court Officers is Line 18.

Comment

• Hey.. I also got the letter saying I'll be getting notified shortly for the pre screening, I scored 91.7 rank 18**... I hope it's soon, I'm 28.5 weeks pregnant and not getting any smaller, I have to keep under 171 and I'm currently 154 (normally 130ish), with my last pregnancy I gained a lot so I'm getting nervous. Can't wait to actually get a date for the weigh in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6794 users online. 228 members and 6566 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X