Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey reese I don't know how to change the settings for private messages . Shoot me an email [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Reese View Post
      Hi. Sorry if this was answered already... but... if i was offered a position upstate, is it still possible to go to the nyc academy?
      Yes, it's possible.

Comment

• Just found out I am no longer being considered a candidate for the upcoming court officer class ( 6th judicial district) my background investigator told me that my background could not be completed in time. This was a huge blow to the gut because I really wanted this job. It sucks to know that because of some old employers not responding it prolonged the process. To all my other candidates you have made it through the process and were invited to the academy. Kill it.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that man, are you still up for the downstate class? Also did you call your investigator to find this out, or did they let you know, cause my B/I is taking a long time too because of old employers.
          Last edited by HopeFloats; 08-31-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• I spoke to my investigator via email. I asked about the NYC academy but he said since my preference was upstate I wouldn't qualify

Comment

• Dam, my heart sunk to my toes cause i'm in the same boat.
              My condolences man.

Comment

• Well if you a NYC candidate you have plenty of time .

Comment

• NYS Court Officers

It's all good, just take what u can.. Finish the academy up and it will be over quicker than u think. It would definitely be nice being in an academy u can just commute to but trust me I'm in the same boat now with another agency and after the first 2 weeks time has flown by. Go where they send u you and transfer back afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikelewis View Post
                    I'll ask ...anyone here took the written psychological back in July ? Have you heard anything since ?

you took your written the day of the pat correct? took my pat in nov, that day took written, then met with investigator to schedule bi interview.

Comment

• The day I took the pat , I was suppose to meet with a background investigator. I took the pat upstate. After the pat the separated all residents of The NYC are and informed us that we would be seen in 2 weeks because the process would take to long and we had a long drive home. After I meant with the investigator I was a scheduled for the psych ok the 22nd of July but haven't heard anything since. I had to reach out to my investigator to find out what was going on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikelewis View Post
                        I spoke to my investigator via email. I asked about the NYC academy but he said since my preference was upstate I wouldn't qualify

So they wont change your JD to NYC?

Comment

• Just curious, say you are an NYC candidate and you are selected to attend the Upstate Academy. Once you graduate, will they place you upstate or downstate?

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it generally takes to get appointment to meet with Background Investigator once you have passed the PAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                              finally got my account validated, didnt do as well as i thought on the test, scored an 81.7 with a rank of 14,xxx, i wont be gettin called with that, i also applied for the court assistant exam, so hopefully i do better on that
                              That was my post on here from 5 YEARS AGO, I can't believe I been following this thread for 5 years lol

I just got called for the 3rd JD, starting the upstate academy next week. Thanks for all the great info from you guys. Those still in the process good luck and those who are still waiting for their scores, hang in there, it could be a long wait

Comment

• Originally posted by homers54321 View Post
                                Just curious, say you are an NYC candidate and you are selected to attend the Upstate Academy. Once you graduate, will they place you upstate or downstate?
                                If you listed NYC as your preference then you will be placed in NYC even if you attend the upstate academy .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9931 users online. 462 members and 9469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X