Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just got the official call for the upstate academy starting September 8th. Im going to JD 6. Its been a long time coming and im super grateful for this opportunity. I will give this academy 110%. I have to thank all you guys for the support, knowledge, and being an overall kick *** community. Good luck to everyone else still in the process and hopefully ill see some of you on the 8th.

    Comment


    • Awesome one shot thrill when did you take your oral psychological test ? How was it ? How was the board interview ?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • I was also called for the update academy but I declined , I can wait a few more months for a NYC academy , it's just doesn't work for me to go upstate .

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mikelewis View Post
          Awesome one shot thrill when did you take your oral psychological test ? How was it ? How was the board interview ?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My oral psych was back in March. It was a little rough because of the nature of the questions (some were a bit personal) but I just answered with honesty and common sense. Everyones psych is different. The written one you took will dictate some of what goes on in that interview. I did not have a board interview. From what Ive heard that might be for candidates with a more shaky background.

          Comment


          • Hey CO, I sent you a PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OneShotThrill View Post
              Just got the official call for the upstate academy starting September 8th. Im going to JD 6. Its been a long time coming and im super grateful for this opportunity. I will give this academy 110%. I have to thank all you guys for the support, knowledge, and being an overall kick *** community. Good luck to everyone else still in the process and hopefully ill see some of you on the 8th.
              Can you give us a rough idea on your list number?

              Btw...congrats and best of luck.

              Comment


              • CO Hopeful, I don't think you should have done that. There is no guarantee that there is going to be a January academy. Even if there is, there is no guarantee that you will get called to it. There is way to many variables that could prevent you from ultimately getting in. Call them back and tell them you want in.

                Comment


                • man I hope they have another wave of people that they are calling tomorrow or something. I am an upstate candidate that has finished the process and still waiting for the "call"

                  Comment


                  • I hope that those of you who really want this get the call because the upstate academy doesn't hold that many people. If they really take it to the limit, 70 people. But for all anyone knows, they could take less than that. Anyone who passes up an opportunity like this (twice even) is absolutely foolish and clearly doesn't care enough to want to be an officer especially this late in the game. I don't get how someone can go through the process, get the call, and not want to go because it doesn't "work" for them. It didn't work for me driving all the way from Queens, it didn't work for my northern and western brothers and sisters who had to drive, to and from, for 4+ hours, sometimes in horrendous and hazardous winter driving conditions. It certainly didn't work for those that had to completely uproot their entire family and relocate upstate, scrambling for a place to live after the academy ended. We all had something that we could've passed up this opportunity for, but we made it work because we wanted this more than anything. Now we're all on the job and loving it because we made the decision to put our foot through the door. You can keep passing it off, but administration can also not give you another call back.

                    Comment


                    • I know there will be another academy class . I am 100% confident on this. For someone to make judgements on what someone should or shouldnt do is "foolish". You don't know a persons circumstances or reasons for not wanting to relocate somewhere at the moment . I know everything happens for a reason and it will all work out , you can mark my words on that . I will be in the next academy and I will get a call . You can have your own opinions and I will have mine . If there is no academy for NYC from this list I will disappear from this forum and I know this won't happen .
                      Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 08-26-2015, 11:48 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Like I said before make sure this is a job you truly WANT. You have to be 100% committed both physically and mentally. It was hard for me to travel to the academy three hours from home, leaving my family, and driving in ridiculous winter conditions. I did it because I really wanted to be a court officer and it is a awesome job.
                        Congrats! OneShotThrill on getting the call. From what I have read you seem to have the right attitude for the job.
                        CO Hopeful- I hope it works out for you to get into the NYC academy. Just to let you know there is no garuntee that you won't have a long commute when you are assigned to a command. If that happens you have to make it work if want this job. Good luck to you.

                        Comment


                        • So i started my bi june 20th. Still haven't heard a word from my investigator. Im appointed to the 3rd JD. If my background investigation is not completed in time for the UPSTATE academy will i be eligible for the nyc academy??

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
                            Like I said before make sure this is a job you truly WANT. You have to be 100% committed both physically and mentally. It was hard for me to travel to the academy three hours from home, leaving my family, and driving in ridiculous winter conditions. I did it because I really wanted to be a court officer and it is a awesome job.
                            Congrats! OneShotThrill on getting the call. From what I have read you seem to have the right attitude for the job.
                            CO Hopeful- I hope it works out for you to get into the NYC academy. Just to let you know there is no garuntee that you won't have a long commute when you are assigned to a command. If that happens you have to make it work if want this job. Good luck to you.
                            Thanks...I feel lucky even getting into the academy. Ive gone through sooo much to try and land this job. Its going to be a lifechanger for me. Im hungry for the knowledge and training. Im just ready to go.

                            Comment


                            • I can tell you all right now, there is no guarantee of anything and the sooner you realize this the better off you will be. There is no guarantee of another academy, there is no guarantee if a short commute, there is no guarantee of anything. OCA plays by their rules and it doesn't matter whether you think you have inside information or you "know somebody" that has inside information. This is not a cake walk. If you are not physically ready, you will never be physically ready. These guys don't want to hear excuses, they want guys ready to come in and bust some butt!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Has everyone whos gotten the "call" finish their final medical beforehand? I havent done the final medical yet and im just wondering if i have a shot to get into the academy

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7103 users online. 381 members and 6722 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X