300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikelewis View Post
    For the court officers who have gone through the process.
    What was the latest you were accepted into the academy? 1,2 weeks before the start date? I ask because I wouldn’t want to leave my Job with 2-3 days notice
    I got a 2 week notice. They've notified people the weekend before classes started. One of the guys in my command got called in the day classes started to come in that same day so he had to quit on the spot and go straight to the academy. Is it unprofessional to leave without proper notice? No doubt about it. But you do what you gotta do.

What was the academy life like? I know that they allow you to stay in a hotel down the road but what’s that like?
    It sucks. Some hotels are awful, some hotels are incredible. If you're in this upcoming class, keep your fingers crossed that you're at the Comfort Inn because it's the cleanest, nicest, and the staff is awesome. It's also a half mile away from the academy. Unfortunately there's not much around so you have to travel to everything. The other hotels are closer to things but way further out, but they're riddled with problems. As long as you get to know your brothers and sisters there (and you will because you don't have a choice), things will be fine. It just sucks having to be there away from home, and to travel every weekend to and from.

Originally posted by Rush1869 View Post
    I know the site shows the scores they have called off the old exam but nowadays is it pretty much impossible to get on this job unless u score High?... How many do they realistically plan to hire.
    They'll hire as much as their budget allows them to. Typically you want to score as high as possible, but some JD's will pick from lower scores. I've had recruits in my class score in the 70's and still get in because they were willing to relocate upstate. As long as you get your foot in the door, you can transfer back later on.

Originally posted by New Job View Post
    It's 9 to 5 with hour for lunch and I mean 9 sharp in formation and ready for roll call
    Translation: Get your *** up early, and be there early. If you're on time, you're late. You're going to have 3 people to a locker that barely fits one person so you want to give yourself ample time to change, get your mind right, and then in formation.

Originally posted by SSOLI View Post
    That timed run is for the first run in the academy??? Or is that the final run at the end of the academy?
    Your time is the same for the first and last run. They won't tell you what time you need to achieve (lookup the Cooper Standard), but your time is going to be the same based on your age. That doesn't mean that just because you've met your time that you can just wing it, they're also looking for improvement. They want to see you lower your time every single time.

Also... the October class is being pushed to January. That info might've been posted up already, but if it hasn't, you're hearing about it now. That nugget of info is coming straight from one of the LT's from the academy.

Comment

• For anyone who took the written psychological exam in July. Have you received any other information on the oral part of the exam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Also what is the latest anyone has done the final steps of the process before the academy started? I'm just concerned that they've eliminated me since I haven't heard anything and the academy is starting soon. :-/

Comment

• NYS Court Officers

Originally posted by Mikelewis View Post
          For anyone who took the written psychological exam in July. Have you received any other information on the oral part of the exam?

It seems your up to the background investigation, a friend of mine took his PAT and written psych in July as well and he's waiting for his background to be completed. Call your investigator until you get a hold of them and see what is the status of it. You will not do the oral psych until your background report is completed.

Also what is the latest anyone has done the final steps of the process before the academy started? I'm just concerned that they've eliminated me since I haven't heard anything and the academy is starting soon. :-/

If your waiting for the NYC academy the last step we've done is the oral psych. Once it gets closer to January(rumored next academy for the city) we should start getting invites to do the pre appointment medicals sometime in December I would guess. If your processing for the upstate academy, they've already done their pre appointment meds and are waiting to get the final call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
            It seems your up to the background investigation, a friend of mine took his PAT and written psych in July as well and he's waiting for his background to be completed. Call your investigator until you get a hold of them and see what is the status of it. You will not do the oral psych until your background report is completed.

If your waiting for the NYC academy the last step we've done is the oral psych. Once it gets closer to January(rumored next academy for the city) we should start getting invites to do the pre appointment medicals sometime in December I would guess. If your processing for the upstate academy, they've already done their pre appointment meds and are waiting to get the final call.
            What is the pre appointment medical like?

Comment

• Ish3000 have they stopped calling in people for the upstate class or is it still going on ?

Comment

• Oh man, downstate class is getting pushed to January!

Hope that doesn't mean the old list is getting cancelled.

Hope it also doesn't mean we would have to take our pat's again, those are only good for a year.

Comment

• NYS Court Officers

Originally posted by Frank1988 View Post
                  What is the pre appointment medical like?
                  The pre appointment medical is exactly like the the full medical(second medical) minus the chest X-ray if it's been less then a year.

Ish3000 have they stopped calling in people for the upstate class or is it still going on ?

I wouldn't know Mike there's a few folks on here who are waiting for the final call and they may be able to answer that.

Originally posted by HopeFloats View Post
                  Oh man, downstate class is getting pushed to January!

Hope that doesn't mean the old list is getting cancelled.

Hope it also doesn't mean we would have to take our pat's again, those are only good for a year.
                  What's up hope floats. I'm praying we make it; we're so close, hope it happens. I'm pretty confident that the January academy will be the last academy for our list at least in NYC. As far as the PAT, you will have to retake it once a year goes by. I know I will have to retake it. Cohopeful is a downstate candidate and he had to recently retake his.
                  Last edited by Ish3000; 08-25-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ish3000 View Post
                    The pre appointment medical is exactly like the the full medical(second medical) minus the chest X-ray if it's been less then a year.

I am a downstate candidate and yes I had to retake the pat , it's only good for one year

I wouldn't know Mike there's a few folks on here who are waiting for the final call and they may be able to answer that.

What's up hope floats. I'm praying we make it; we're so close, hope it happens. I'm pretty confident that the January academy will be the last academy for our list at least in NYC. As far as the PAT, you will have to retake it once a year goes by. I know I will have to retake it. Cohopeful is an upstate candidate and he had to recently retake his.

Comment

• I am a downstate candidate and yea I had to retake the pat because it's only good for one year

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikelewis View Post
                        Ish3000 have they stopped calling in people for the upstate class or is it still going on ?

What do you mean stopped calling people for the upstate academy?

Comment

• Ive been reading the thread. I have been waiting to get called for my oral. Started the BI in dec. Have not received any dq letters so that's good. I took the test in 2009. Got my scores a few months later. didn't get called for 5 years later. if they are going to cancel our list, why would they keep calling people down for pre-meds and pats? they would just be wasting time, man power, and money. I cant see them still calling people in if they are going to just cancel the list and start taking off the new one, unless there is a lot of people from our list that are not making the cut. It also doesn't make sense to push the academy back and waste everyones time (us and court personnel) coming back to re-do the pats. Good chance if they push back to jan a lot of people are retaking. but you never know
                          Last edited by rocky01977; 08-25-2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• I was informed that JD 6 will be getting 7 recruits from the academy. That means it should be a fairly large class.

Comment

• Upstate academy

Originally posted by Clo 49 View Post
                              I was informed that JD 6 will be getting 7 recruits from the academy. That means it should be a fairly large class.

They are still calling people for the academy upstate including nyc candidates .

Comment

• I'm in the JD6 list and am hoping to hear something soon. The academy starts in about 2 weeks and I still need my second part of the psychological, interview and pre med to go. The waiting is killing me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9457 users online. 479 members and 8978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X